Quantcast
Other Football - 2018/19 Season - Page 603 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

When they won their game against us, it definitely became harder as that is technically a six point reduction in the lead. 

It was the West Ham and Leicester draws that fucked us up

16 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm sure Zaha has had a bet on City to win the league after his performance today. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Showing why anybody would be crazy to pay top wedge for him. 

Not much has changed. We need to win all our games. Just need City to fail to win one of their's. This was their 3rd or 4th most difficult remaining fixture. We've just got to keep on hoping...

Sounds like how he plays most weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I was referring to the two posts you’ve just made, so my post still stands too.

Does it? For posting that it's gone a bit hysterical in here because City who are pinning up back each week didn't beat 13th placed Palace - somehow that comes across as being superior or looking down on others? Do fuck off.

We're in a title race and City are a brilliantly assembled squad. If we're relying on the likes of Palace to lead us to the title then we've already lost. It'd be boss if they did, but they didn't so little point throwing toys out of the pram.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

Feel free to keep it that way.

Nah.

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

Does it? For posting that it's gone a bit hysterical in here because City who are pinning up back each week didn't beat 13th placed Palace - somehow that comes across as being superior or looking down on others? Do fuck off.

We're in a title race and City are a brilliantly assembled squad. If we're relying on the likes of Palace to lead us to the title then we've already lost. It'd be boss if they did, but they didn't so little point throwing toys out of the pram.

Nah.

This person has it nailed , in fact and attitude.

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Nah.

Fuck off yourself you smug little skidmark.

• Downvote 1

Just now, torahboy said:

This person has it nailed , in fact and attitude.

No he doesn't.

We need to win all our remaining games probably.

And City probably have to drop points.

Some of our supporters are very, very desperate for that to somehow happen.

They're going to be biased and shitty at times when it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Spring said:

How're finding such peace? You must be the most relaxed person on here.

When it was in our hands, I was nervous pretty much any time I thought about it. Now, we can't actually win it unless City slip up and my brain doesn't seem to have the same reaction to those circumstances. That's not to say I'm calm during the games, but in the grand scheme of things, it's all about City dropping points and I can't be getting agitated watching City games. To be fair, they've not even been behind for ages as far as I can remember, and generally they're ahead early on, so maybe that's part of it - I've had no cause to get invested in the possibility of them dropping points. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

When it was in our hands, I was nervous pretty much any time I thought about it. Now, we can't actually win it unless City slip up and my brain doesn't seem to have the same reaction to those circumstances. 

Exactly the same for me, mate. 

10 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Nice to see PSG getting handed their arses tonight against Lille , 5-1 so far but if they’d been clinical should be 8 or 9

Agreed. Brilliant to see their seasons fizzle out time and time again after failing in the Champions League. Pepe with another monster performance. 

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It was the West Ham and Leicester draws that fucked us up

We were lucky to get a draw in the West Ham game. The Leicester result was the most frustrating, especially as we got an early lead.

The big problem we have is that I just don't see where City will drop points.

People go on about the United game, but United have got away games at Barcelona and Everton before City, and Chelsea at home after. I honestly think they will rest players in the City game, on the basis that they need to win against Everton and Chelsea more. Plus can you really see Solskjaer outwitting Guardiola?

• Upvote 1