You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

To be fair what more do people expect. You can't knock their results until today. 

To be fair also, their first ten league games with the exception of Spurs which they should have lost, could not have been better hand picked. The only more favourable scenario was if they could have played Everton ten times.

Guest Alex_K
10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

To be fair also, their first ten league games with the exception of Spurs which they should have lost, could not have been better hand picked. The only more favourable scenario was if they could have played Everton ten times.

And what were Mourinho's results in the 10 games prior to that? Which also included seemingly 'gimme' games?

No - there's no disguising that Solskjaer has done an outstanding job this season. They've gained something like 12 points on Chelsea, 6 on Tottenham .. if they continue that trajectory, they'll seal top 4 with 3 or so games to play. He's re-energised the fanbase, got points on the board, and rubbed the face of that snide, washed-up Mourinho in the muck where he belongs.

Which is why it will make it even more side-splittingly funny next season, when a manager with 0 pedigree in the game, an earnest tone of voice and the smile of a simpleton is forced to actually implement a long-term system supported by new signings and endures a several month break between seasons, during which the sheer adrenaline that has carried them through so many games will dissipate and he is forced to become reflexive to what other teams do to contain his side. Not a cat in hell's chance that appointment ends in anything other than tears.

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They was bums!

Image result for mickey rocky they were hand picked

• Upvote 4

Nice one Arsenal. As far as the top 4 race goes, if Chelsea and United miss out it, that would be a great result.

Also well done Rafa and his team on their win yesterday. The bitters would be upset to lose after being 2 up, but losing to Rafa "Beneath us" would hurt them more! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

Nice one Arsenal. As far as the top 4 race goes, if Chelsea and United miss out it, that would be a great result.

Also well done Rafa and his team on their win yesterday. The bitters would be upset to lose after being 2 up, but losing to Rafa "Beneath us" would hurt them more! 

I love the "beneath us" bit, the only time they did finish above us and get top four, we still managed to inflict quite a bit of fume.

I note from the pictures of Grealish’s attacker that he had a Z symbol on the front and back of his jacket. A resurgence of the Zulu Warrior element of BC fans? Or is it just a make of jacket?

From one of the pictures in the papers he appears to be a hospital worker. Well that’s your job gone and possibly your liberty in the short term, dickhead.

11 hours ago, Baltar said:

I don't get this at all.   It would be the worst result by some distance for us.    Chelsea and Utd will spend big regardless,  the other two rely on cl income. 

Those two outside the top four keeps it a big six.   

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I note from the pictures of Grealish’s attacker that he had a Z symbol on the front and back of his jacket. A resurgence of the Zulu Warrior element of BC fans? Or is it just a make of jacket?

From one of the pictures in the papers he appears to be a hospital worker. Well that’s your job gone and possibly your liberty in the short term, dickhead.

That Barrington Patterson bloke who started the Zulu Warriors is meeting him today to sort him out, he posted how city fans were all disgusted with him and he was going to make him do community work until he learned his lesson. Barrington is an ex world champion cage fighter 

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I don't get this at all.   It would be the worst result by some distance for us.    Chelsea and Utd will spend big regardless,  the other two rely on cl income. 

Those two outside the top four keeps it a big six.   

Looking at it long-term, I think the two teams I want to miss the CL are Spurs and United.

Chelsea can't "spend big regardless," they are banned from any spending at all for two windows and it looks like this time UEFA mean business. They are caught in a terrible position where Sarri is insisting that he can't make it work with the players he has currently, but they can't replace them due to the transfer ban. And no top manager is going to come there if he can't even get a single new player. In short, Chelsea are a mess for at least two seasons and will be top 4-level at best during that time, not title challengers.

Arsenal are Arsenal. The much-lauded Emery Revolution has them in exactly the same place they were under Wenger for decades - fighting it out to finish fourth. Not saying I wouldn't like them to miss out, but of the four teams in the discussion they're the least threatening to us in terms of title contention for the next 2-3 years at least.

Spurs, meanwhile, are at a bit of a crossroads and I think missing out on the CL this season would be huge for them. Pochettino could go (hopefully Madrid will wait for him rather than giving it to Mourinho?), and then there would be a huge exodus of players like Alli and Kane behind him. Levy could hire another Sherwood and their brief period of contention would be over for good. If they miss out on fourth the odds of all of this go up exponentially.

United have seemingly already decided to hire OGS long-term, so them finishing fifth or sixth would give us a set of results that would have seemed impossible just three months ago: they hire Solskjaer permanently AND miss out on the CL next season. And while you're right that they will spend anyway, the draw that they have for players will be much less given that they will have a completely unproven manager and no Champions League football. This will lead to them going after mercenary players (as opposed to those who are willing to give up a bit to play for a contender). In other words, they will go down the same path they've gone down under Woodward ever since Ferguson left. I could see them bringing in 3 massively overrated players for 70m apiece a la Fred or Sanchez.

So for me, the two teams that would be damaged the most by missing out on the CL next season are United and Spurs, therefore those are the two I'm hoping miss out.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Spurs outside the top four would be funny as fuck. No Champions League games in their new stadium. Pochettino would probably leave.

I reckon he is gone no matter where they finish, he will be at PSG or Madrid

12 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just seen Sterling's offside goal from yesterday.  Fucking hell.  It's not even close.

Is that supposed to make up for his perfectly good goal that was wrongly flagged off at the Etihad at Christmas 2013?

Same. I've only just seen it. There has to be some serious mental gymnastics to give that goal.

Quite an elegant way to call someone a pathetic cunt.

Bielsa on the attack on Jack Grealish yesterday: "The person who does the thing we saw yesterday expresses a series of frustrations which are not necessarily linked to football. Because the more satisfied you are with your personal life, the less you need to do this kind of act."

A Birmingham City fan has been jailed for 14 weeks for attacking Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish during the second city derby.

Paul Mitchell, of Rubery, Worcestershire, hit Grealish from behind on the pitch about 10 minutes into Sunday's game.

Mitchell, 27, admitted assault and encroachment on to the pitch at Birmingham Magistrates' Court earlier.

He "cannot explain what came over him yesterday morning", his solicitor said.

"His initial foolish intention was to just go on to the pitch and whip up the crowd," said Vaughn Whistance, defending.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

14 weeks in the nick. Got a missus and a kid who are getting threats and have had to leave their home terrified. Probably lost his job now. Didn't even get a decent dig in despite having a free shot so the world knows he is a massive fanny. Grealish scored the winner. Carlsberg doesn't taste like a sunday but if it did..... 

Described as jobless so he must have already lost his job before this. His wife is pregnant and he has a two year old kid. Shame they're getting threats to the house because he's a massive prick.

Lost his season ticket, banned from St Andrews, will have had a football banning order, and to top it off has to pay £100 compo to Grealish.

59 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Described as jobless so he must have already lost his job before this. His wife is pregnant and he has a two year old kid. Shame they're getting threats to the house because he's a massive prick.

Lost his season ticket, banned from St Andrews, will have had a football banning order, and to top it off has to pay £100 compo to Grealish.

Hahahaha