Quantcast
Other Football - 2018/19 Season - Page 497 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Fivethirtyeight give them a 4% chance after tonight's victory of actually winning.

So no, it's not zero, but it's pretty remote.

Well, that's a load of bollocks, in my opinion. They've probably got more chance than any of the sides that are through thus far

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

In a way you have to be happy. OGS has to get the job now. They won't win the CL and he won't last next season. He is not as good a coach as Pochettino so give him the job please.

I wouldn't be so sure. They have a 3/7 chance of drawing Ajax, Porto/Roma, Lyon if they get lucky or fucking Spurs. All of those possibilities see them going at least to the semis IMO. They wouldn't beat Barca I don't think, but against us or City (with the pressure of favourites on us and them having nothing to lose) or Atleti/Bayern, who knows what would happen.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

For fuck's sake. With Madrid and now PSG out there's a very real chance this twat is going to fluke them to the CL final.

If we got through and drew them in the next round or the semis I don't think I could take it. On the one hand there's the pure joy of getting to dump them out and thereby move closer to the final, on the other there's the unspeakable alternative.

Solskjaer isn’t fluking it, Ferguson is helping him

1 minute ago, A_S said:

Barca have away goals to worry about too. If only Schalke hadn't been completely incompetent while a man and goal up. Fuck sake. 

Exactly... And another thing is if we get through, there's going to be four English teams in the quarters. I don't like playing English teams in Europe. 

• Upvote 1

What was that peter Walton going on about. “The way the law is written”. Surely the law just says deliberate. Anything else is the refs interpretation. 

• Upvote 1

Solksjaer isnt the long term answer- once its permanent he's stop having the free ride from the fans/press etc.

Credit to him for the results he has had but the savvy hard nosed Emery will cut it short at the weeknd- mark my words    

Just now, Dave D said:

Solksjaer isnt the long term answer- once its permanent he's stop having the free ride from the fans/press etc.

Credit to him for the results he has had but the savvy hard nosed Emery will cut it short at the weeknd- mark my words    

Tell you what - he’s a better manager than Tuchel any day of the week. Fraud. 

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Peter Walton makes Garth Crooks look smart.

John Boy's dad would probably make more sense too.

PSG are a club full of mental midgets. They'll never learn.

It's time to stop being happy that Solskjaer may get the full time job, though. Even if Ferguson is helping him, given their injuries he's doing a tremendous job. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Fivethirtyeight give them a 4% chance after tonight's victory of actually winning.

Edit: By the way, in case you're interested they give us a 12% chance as it stands. And since they have us and Bayern as pretty much 50-50 to go through to the next round, you can bet that we'll be about 23-24% to win the whole thing if we can manage to go through.

I don’t buy all that bollocks.

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Well, that's one shit estimation.

6 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Exactly... And another thing is if we get through, there's going to be four English teams in the quarters. I don't like playing English teams in Europe. 

Don't worry, there won't be four English teams in the quarter finals. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

PSG are a club full of mental midgets. They'll never learn.

It's time to stop being happy that Solskjaer may get the full time job, though. Even if Ferguson is helping him, given their injuries he's doing a tremendous job. 

Not having this at all.

Of course they've been better than they were under Mourinho - they could hardly be worse. But United have been on a massive heater in terms of outperforming the underlying numbers over the last couple of months. Is it possible that Solskjaer is one of the top 10 managers in the world?

I mean, I guess it's possible. But it's much, MUCH more likely that he's decent enough but not great and had the great good fortune to come into a team desperate to show that they would improve without Mourinho and then also went on a lucky finishing streak.

Seeing as the alternative here is that they go and give 40m to Tottenham for Pochettino, who could actually go there and be brilliant for 10-15 years, I'd much rather them sign up Solskjaer and take our chances going against them with Klopp and Edwards.

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Not having this at all.

Of course they've been better than they were under Mourinho - they could hardly be worse. But United have been on a massive heater in terms of outperforming the underlying numbers over the last couple of months. Is it possible that Solskjaer is one of the top 10 managers in the world?

I mean, I guess it's possible. But it's much, MUCH more likely that he's decent enough but not great and had the great good fortune to come into a team desperate to show that they would improve without Mourinho and then also went on a lucky finishing streak.

Seeing as the alternative here is that they go and give 40m to Tottenham for Pochettino, who could actually go there and be brilliant for 10-15 years, I'd much rather them sign up Solskjaer and take our chances going against them with Klopp and Edwards.

I think it's more that Mourinho did what he's done best in the latter part of his career and alienated and demotivated a pretty talented and capable group of players, and the board was slow to fire him because of the massive payoff he'd be owed.

It seems like Solskjaer is just likeable enough to get them playing at their actual level again.

So if the ball hits your arm now regardless of whether it is an accident or not it is handball.

Gonna be a tactic in game now just blast ball at players in area hope it hits somewhere on arm and job done - penalty.

Bollocks

United will most likely have a more succesful season than us, as it looks now. Who would have thought that 2 months ago?

Just now, Judge said:

United will most likely have a more succesful season than us, as it looks now. Who would have thought that 2 months ago?

Creator Supreme and The Drowning Man. Kudos lads.

• Like 1

All this VAR is doing is giving these incompetent refs a second chance to fuck up.

It was the same in the league cup very Chelsea. 

These cunts literally cannot interpret the laws of the game