You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Football can fuck off today

City and Spurs fans are probably sick of the way we keep winning and picking up points. Long may it continue.

Yeah we could drop points at united. However, people aren't factoring they will probably too. The little Goblin is doing a great job with them and i wouldn't be amazed if they beat both of us.

The one silver lining of today is that i'm 99% sure we will beat Chelsea whereas this morning i had that game down as a probable draw. They are completely gutless and even if they get a new manager they won't be able to compete with our desire and intensity imo. 

City will win all of their other games on paper but people aren't factoting in tiredness from a huge amount of games that will impact on even their squad. I see them dropping points at United and one other game. If Aguero or Fernandinho gets injured, it will be more.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Their fixtures from here on in are pretty soft.

West Ham - H...they always bum West Ham

Bournemouth - A...we've put 7 past them this season - City will bum them IMO.

Watford  - H... a rout on cards.

Man Utd - A...their 1 really big ask left.

Fulham - A...Fulham are dogshite.

Cardiff - H.... another rout on cards.

Palace - A...could be tricky.

Tottenham - H....largely depends if Tottenham are still in race - if not and if clear of 4th then I can't see them troubling City.

Burnley - A.....I suppose you never know but fully expect a City win

Leicester - H....be a walk over - Leicester with fuck all to play for.

Brighton - A....depends if Brighton are in relegation trouble come last day.

When you look at those and look at us needing to go to the manc bastards who will be revved up like fuck....the bitters as shite as they are but will be desperate to do us - still Tottenham and Chelsea to play who both will you can bet life put in big shifts at Anfield, it looks to me they have the easier run in now.

Tiredness may be an issue and anything can happen with injuries, sides at bottom of league pulling out results that save their skins and of course pressure can do strange things - but for me they are favourites.

All we can do is win as many as we can and hope.

I think you need to put the crystal ball away, if you use that logic you could take the fixture list at the start of the year and say City will win 38 games because on paper they're better than everyone else.

The key for me is who's going to show the most fight when the going gets tough. Who's going to get up in the faces of the opposition and refuse to lie down when they should be drawing or losing.

There's some ridiculously talented players in that City team, but not too many hard bastards past Kompany (who's not involved that often) and Fernandinho. They won today without breaking a sweat, but both them and ourselves are going to have hard games where they really need to dig in and get their toes over the line. Whoever wins more of these games is going to take the title, for me. There's really no need to cry about this individual result which was settled after 15 minutes.

Having said all that I'm not encouraged by the total lack of heart we saw against Leicester and West Ham, and my feeling in that we'll both drop plenty more points as the pressure mounts but we may drop more. My hope is that that can maybe change if the leaders we have in the team now will cut that sort of stuff out at the source and the likes of Salah, Firmino and Keita can play with much more bravery.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

I think you need to put the crystal ball away, if you use that logic you could take the fixture list at the start of the year and say City will win 38 games because on paper they're better than everyone else.

The key for me is who's going to show the most fight when the going gets tough. Who's going to get up in the faces of the opposition and refuse to lie down when they should be drawing or losing.

There's some ridiculously talented players in that City team, but not too many hard bastards past Kompany (who's not involved that often) and Fernandinho. They won today without breaking a sweat, but both them and ourselves are going to have hard games where they really need to dig in and get their toes over the line. Whoever wins more of these games is going to take the title, for me. There's really no need to cry about this individual result which was settled after 15 minutes.

Having said all that I'm not encouraged by the total lack of heart we saw against Leicester and West Ham, and my feeling in that we'll both drop plenty more points as the pressure mounts but we may drop more. My hope is that that can maybe change if the leaders we have in the team now will cut that sort of stuff out at the source and the likes of Salah, Firmino and Keita can play with much more bravery.

Fair points.

Bottle will play a huge part - although i do think we have been handed a shitty deal with the oil cheats having a game brought forward and being able to play before us every single "game week" in March - which will just ramp up pressure on us.

But as said earlier funny things can happen in title races - there will probably be unexpected twists, injuries/suspensions etc and there are always teams at bottom who save themselves with shock results...hopefullt they cop for one of them not us.

Still stand by what i have said for weeks...95 pts is probably gonna be needed.

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fair points.

Bottle will play a huge part - although i do think we have been handed a shitty deal with the oil cheats having a game brought forward and being able to play before us every single "game week" in March - which will just ramp up pressure on us.

But as said earlier funny things can happen in title races - there will probably be unexpected twists, injuries/suspensions etc and there are always teams at bottom who save themselves with shock results...hopefullt they cop for one of them not us.

Still stand by what i have said for weeks...95 pts is probably gonna be needed.

Yeah agree with that, but you have to take into account as well that they are still in every competition and that may balance it out.

Injury luck is going to be a big factor too. If the likes of Aguero, Silva or Fernandinho get nobbled it'll be a huge boost for us, if we lose Van Dijk, Salah, Mane or Firmino likewise for them.

We just have to win, that's it. I think if we can go to OT and take 3 points and then follow it up by winning the subsequent 4 or 5 it'll break City's spirit. Added to that if they're still in the CL their attention may be drawn to that and they'll end up slipping.

This game next week is everything. Most important game we'll play all year for me, in terms of the psychology of it.