You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

31 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Its a fucking pisstake! 

Thev've clearly done it solely for that reason as they haven't moved Chelsea's game due on the league cup final weekend! Also they have rescheduled our home game against Burnley to Sunday even though we are away to Bayern on the Wednesday after. I'm sure it was agreed a few years ago that when a team had a Champions league game they would play on a Saturday to give them plenty of rest/preparation time?

The fact that Chelsea's game has not been brought forward in same way is absolutely proof of what has been done and why...no way would they want to put Man Utd at a potential disadvantage in the top 4 fight.

It absolutely should be treated same as the Everton v City game - but no massive story for sky to push in doing so - so does not happen.

Cunts.

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

The fact that Chelsea's game has not been brought forward in same way is absolutely proof of what has been done and why...no way would they want to put Man Utd at a potential disadvantage in the top 4 fight.

It absolutely should be treated same as the Everton v City game - but no massive story for sky to push in doing so - so does not happen.

Cunts.

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with Sky at all. If they’d have left the game till after the final, trying to squeeze it in when City have Champions League and a crowded list would have been difficult. They’ll get past Schalke and then the Quarters finals are on a Tuesday or a Wednesday so would be pretty hard deciding on a date now when they don’t even know the dates they are playing. Chelsea’s dates however, are on a Thursday so I’d imagine it’d be easier to crowbar another fixture in somewhere as there fixtures if they progress are set in stone. Also, looking at Chelsea’s fixtures, the game will probably be a midweek at the end of April. If City were to play the Blueshite that late in the season and we still had a chance the Blueshite would  send them out in their flip flops. I’m glad the match is earlier. Before this news, it was a concern to me  that it’d be re-arranged very late in the season. Paranoid you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with Sky at all. If they’d have left the game till after the final, trying to squeeze it in when City have Champions League and a crowded list would have been difficult. They’ll get past Schalke and then the Quarters finals are on a Tuesday or a Wednesday so would be pretty hard deciding on a date now when they don’t even know the dates they are playing. Chelsea’s dates however, are on a Thursday so I’d imagine it’d be easier to crowbar another fixture in somewhere as there fixtures if they progress are set in stone. Also, looking at Chelsea’s fixtures, the game will probably be a midweek at the end of April. If City were to play the Blueshite that late in the season and we still had a chance the Blueshite would  send them out in their flip flops. I’m glad the match is earlier. Before this news, it was a concern to me  that it’d be re-arranged very late in the season. Paranoid you. 

Different opinions and all that.

Mine is that this move gives them a potentially pivotal advantage and is very much fueled by skys desire to create as much drama around our game at the toilet as possible.

I may be wrong here but i have never known a game due to a team being in league cup final being brought forward like this before. 

Lucas just gave Ronaldo a smack in the head, unintentionally.

He looks pretty good for Lazio. Made a couple of crucial tackles, and hasn't given up any free kicks in dangerous areas.

Can playing for Juve, not making much impact on the match.

I take that back, he's just scored a fairly decent OG header.

1-0 Lazio at the 60 minute mark.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-diving-criticism-unbelievable-13914036.amp

The mirror calling out the fact that Salah is getting some unfair treatment in comparison to Kane. 

I was quite happy that we're getting a bit of mainstream media on our side for a change, then I realised it was written by Robbie Fowler. Oh well, at least somebody is doing their bit. 

• Upvote 2