You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No comments on the Ronaldo to Juve transfer? I think it's a very smart move from him and very cool as well. Did not expect it and it will be good for Italian football.

A good move for all concerned. Madrid get a shit load of cash and get out from the shadow of Ronaldo’s ego as he ages and gets worse. They get to replace him at just the right time.

Ronaldo gets a slower pace of league where he’ll be mightily effective for a few more years, and use of those good Juventus drugs.

Juve have had Mandzukic and Higuain score bags of goals for them so no doubt Ronaldo will score shed loads for them.

With Sarri Chelsea will actually be watchable for the first time since they had Ancelotti. Really don't like that he's gone there. Hopefully Hazard and Kante are going.

Courtois wants to go too, unfortunately he wants to go to Madrid. Be great if we could get him

A good move for all concerned. Madrid get a shit load of cash and get out from the shadow of Ronaldo’s ego as he ages and gets worse. They get to replace him at just the right time.

Ronaldo gets a slower pace of league where he’ll be mightily effective for a few more years, and use of those good Juventus drugs.

Juve have had Mandzukic and Higuain score bags of goals for them so no doubt Ronaldo will score shed loads for them.

Disgusting transfer

Making a mockery of FFP

Juve cant afford his wages so they are being topped up by a 'sponsership' from Fiat. So nothing but a backdoor payment. Thats the same Fiat that temporarily laying workers off due to financial issues

• Upvote 1

Disgusting transfer

Making a mockery of FFP

Juve cant afford his wages so they are being topped up by a 'sponsership' from Fiat. So nothing but a backdoor payment. Thats the same Fiat that temporarily laying workers off due to financial issues

I heard that Fiat workers had gone on strike over the transfer. There will be lots of profit in it for the club, Fiat and Ronaldo but clearly the people who matter the least are those that have jobs in those organisations.

One for the Shitness of Modern Football thread rather than the Other Football thread, I think.

Disgusting transfer

Making a mockery of FFP

Didn’t know about the Fiat thing. Interesting.

Didn’t know about the Fiat thing. Interesting.

Having said that with the latest news the Fiat workers probably deserve half it it. Went on strike and a planned demo furing Ronaldo unveiling. 5 workers turned up

Still a joke with FFP

Be like PSG owners paying Neymar to be a world cup ambassador to fund his wages ... oh they did that.

So on a local podcast the other night, I heard a new element to a rather well-known match, that being the 2006 Australia v Croatia group game featuring Graham Poll and his many yellow cards. 

Between the two squads, there were 11 players who had origins in the opposing nation that night, including Josip Simunic, who was born and raised in Australia and came up through the local football system until 19 years of age, before deciding to play for Croatia anyway, which annoyed a lot of people over here. 

Apparently as he received his first yellow that night, he repled with a very Aussie accent 'no worries, mate' to acknowledge the booking. Poll was supposedly looking down at his book and hearing the Australian accent, absent-mindedly put the name down in the Australian side of the ledger, meaning when he came to book him again, it appeared to be a first offence. 

Still shite refereeing, but given it was a fairly high-stakes game and there was a lot of niggly shit happening throughout, I can at least understand how he lost his concentration in that moment. 

• Upvote 2

So on a local podcast the other night, I heard a new element to a rather well-known match, that being the 2006 Australia v Croatia group game featuring Graham Poll and his many yellow cards. 

Between the two squads, there were 11 players who had origins in the opposing nation that night, including Josip Simunic, who was born and raised in Australia and came up through the local football system until 19 years of age, before deciding to play for Croatia anyway, which annoyed a lot of people over here. 

Apparently as he received his first yellow that night, he repled with a very Aussie accent 'no worries, mate' to acknowledge the booking. Poll was supposedly looking down at his book and hearing the Australian accent, absent-mindedly put the name down in the Australian side of the ledger, meaning when he came to book him again, it appeared to be a first offence. 

Still shite refereeing, but given it was a fairly high-stakes game and there was a lot of niggly shit happening throughout, I can at least understand how he lost his concentration in that moment. 

Poll thought he was booking an Aussie for a foul yet gave the free kick to the Aussies. WIth that logic, he could still be reffing in the Prem!

Poll thought he was booking an Aussie for a foul yet gave the free kick to the Aussies. WIth that logic, he could still be reffing in the Prem!

Given some of the shit that wasn't pulled up that night, nothing would surprise me.

Exactly why VAR is 100 percent needed.  Humans will always be prone to errors and never perfect.    

Saw some of Sarri’s presser last night. He seems quite a character. Mr Suzy said he looks like Arthur Askey and he does!

I thought it looked like Theresa May's husband moonlighting.

( Who in turn is the spit of the Paul Whitehouse character ' Where's me washboard ' from the Fast Show )