You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

If that huge takeover happens at Newcastle you watch Mourinho snake his way in. 

100% spot on he will definitely try , but surely if the Arabs have any sense they would give him a wide berth he's absolutely fucking toxic now 

England, Belgium and Serbia all qualified for this tournament by winning 8 and drawing 2 of their 10 qualifying games. All had a goal difference well into double figures. They've claimed just the 1 point between the three of them in the actual tournament.

The Italians have been knocked out because France and Romania played for the goalless draw that put both through to the semi finals, with France through as the best group runners-up.

4 hours ago, A Red said:

Old Trafford vacancy October, nah he wouldnt. Would he?

Love Rafa and I don't see him managing that mob of filth. However, if he did go there, you couldn't begrudge him managing a massive club which those horrible bastards are. He deserves to be challenging for titles and champions leagues. They are a bit away from that but he would have the resources to do something with them. I'd love to see him manage Spain myself.

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

Spain currently have an interim coach in charge after Luis Enrique stepped down for family reasons. Maybe instead of being paid a fortune to get bored in China, Rafa might be interested in coaching his national team. I'd imagine the role to be one of his coaching ambitions. Besides, he's at his best when coaching a group of young hungry players which is the route Spain have been taking recently. Players like Ramos are not far off being phased out anyway.

Good shout

19 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I might have dreamt it, but I'm sure I read something about Stevie being linked with the Derby job if Lampard leaves. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/steven-gerrard-rubbishes-links-nottingham-3015305

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard says his focus remains on leading Rangers into the new Scottish Premiership season, despite growing speculation surrounding his future at Ibrox.

Gerrard is said to be Derby County’s number one target, if as expected, they lose manager Frank Lampard to Chelsea.

Nottingham Forest’s arch-rivals are desperate to keep Lampard and have offered him a bumper new contract in a desperate bid to keep him, but the lure of his former club appears to be too strong to resist for the 41-year-old Stamford Bridge legend.

But Gerrard, who like Lampard largely impressed during his first season in management, says his focus remains on Rangers, and that his mind remains solely on the task of challenging Celtic, and not moving to the East Midlands.

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Derby would be a great job for Stevie, hope there's something in that.

I think he's better off staying at Rangers and challenging for the SPL, trying to win one of the Scottish cups and juggling the squad for European football. The standard of football might not be that high in Scotland but he will learn how to manage a side that is expected to compete for trophies and play a few games in Europe. Too few English coaches have that experience.

12 hours ago, Thoth said:

Luis Suarez asking for an opponent to be booked for tripping a pitch invader

That is fucking fantastic.

I didn't think I could love him anywhere more than the time that David Cameron issued a public statement bitterly condemning him, but this even exceeds that. 

If he bites Ramos, next year, my first born daughter must be offered in marriage.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Naby not on the pitch. Hopefully he hasn’t picked up an injury.

Naby doesn't pick up injuries. Injuries pick up Naby.