You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I do hope he doesn't go to China to manage. He's only 59, got years left at top flight management. Toon fans must be gutted. 

I know one and yes she’s gutted. Also think it will be a shame for him to go to China.

The great thing about Ashley is Rafa’s successor could be virtually anyone after having people like Wise and Kinnear there.

Expecting the wish-list to include luminaries such as Dave Bassett, Dennis Waterman and the second coming of Pards.

• Upvote 1

I'd be disappointed if Rafa goes to Chelsea after all the abuse he got off their fans. He'll be showing a lack of self-respect to be going back to those shithouses. If I were him I'd take the China offer. £12M a year is not to be sniffed at. Spend a few years in China, get rich(er) and then come back to Europe once he's bored.

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

If that huge takeover happens at Newcastle you watch Mourinho snake his way in. 

I think the huge takeover has been exposed to be a sham, which is why Benitez has walked away. Him and Ashley have been calling each other's bluff for 2 years and it was always going to end this way. Ashley is still going to be lumbered with a club he doesn't want to own and that he is struggling to sell. 

And I don't have a lot of time for either Benitez or Newcastle but going from Benitez to Avram Grant (the reported front runner) must be soul destroying. 

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

I think the huge takeover has been exposed to be a sham, which is why Benitez has walked away. Him and Ashley have been calling each other's bluff for 2 years and it was always going to end this way. Ashley is still going to be lumbered with a club he doesn't want to own and that he is struggling to sell. 

And I don't have a lot of time for either Benitez or Newcastle but going from Benitez to Avram Grant (the reported front runner) must be soul destroying. 

Rafa to Hodgson, even? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

Old Trafford vacancy October, nah he wouldnt. Would he?

More chance of you reanimating an 18 year old Princess Di and living in blissful sexual harmony for the rest of your life, than there is of Ferguson sanctioning Benitez at United.

Spain currently have an interim coach in charge after Luis Enrique stepped down for family reasons. Maybe instead of being paid a fortune to get bored in China, Rafa might be interested in coaching his national team. I'd imagine the role to be one of his coaching ambitions. Besides, he's at his best when coaching a group of young hungry players which is the route Spain have been taking recently. Players like Ramos are not far off being phased out anyway.

1 hour ago, Agt Provocateur said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Spain currently have an interim coach in charge after Luis Enrique stepped down for family reasons. Maybe instead of being paid a fortune to get bored in China, Rafa might be interested in coaching his national team. I'd imagine the role to be one of his coaching ambitions. Besides, he's at his best when coaching a group of young hungry players which is the route Spain have been taking recently. Players like Ramos are not far off being phased out anyway.

Was thinking that as well, Spain would be mad to not offer him the job.