You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Absolute outrage. They will pay for this as I will curse them to be eliminated at the group stage.

Salah being back in pre-season training earlier will have in no way impacted upon my decision to do this. 

Plagues of locusts, scarab beetles, and Nile crocodiles will follow once all of our players are safely home.

• Upvote 2

On 20/06/2019 at 06:16, Paulie Dangerously said:

I note that #glazersout is trending again now United are shit. Norwich scarfs inbound

On 20/06/2019 at 08:16, Mudface said:

Bizarre. I know that they're utter cunts, but it's not exactly as though they've been starving the club of funds- they've just bought and recruited extremely poorly for 5-6 years.

I think Edwood Woodwood is the main source of their ire but he’s the Glazer’s boy apparently. They wouldn’t have bought the club without Edwood’s fine work and now they’ve made him the top man and he’s overseeing their decline. 

On 18/06/2019 at 11:10, Trumo said:

I hope that spontaneous, technical and attack-minded football is on show, but just as with all the AFCONs of the past 30 years, it will be full of physical, defensive football with teams full of players born in European countries. Also, which West African country's players will have an argument over bonuses with their national FA?

Cameroon, come on down!

Africa Cup of Nations 2019: Seedorf says Cameroon are ready despite bonus row

Cameroon head coach Clarence Seedorf says the African champions are 'serene' and have not been affected by the bonus row which delayed their journey to Egypt for this year's Nations Cup.

Cameroon open against Guinea-Bissau on Tuesday but only flew out of Yaounde on Friday after staging a sit-in protest over bonus disagreements.

The Indomitable Lions rejected an offer of 20 million CFA, (approximately US$34,570) for appearance fees, and only set off for Egypt after talks with the country's sports officials.

There were fears the row would dampen the team's hopes of clinching a sixth continental title, but Seedorf told a gathering of Cameroonian media in Ismailia on Sunday that his players have not been affected.

"We are serene and we know why we're here. At no moment has the team spirit changed. We have a joyful group, with players who know what appearing in such an event represents," Seedorf told reporters.

"Actually the bonus crisis has reinforced the team spirit and the determination within the squad to perform well. There was some tension but the players have behaved maturely and they've decided to be here to fight for Cameroon.

"Bonus rows are not something particular to Cameroon or Africa, I've seen similar events across the world but we don't want to let this distort our ambition.

"The players have maintained the same intensity and concentration. The team is ready and they can't wait to start the first match."

Cameroon are the defending African champions following their win over Egypt in the 2017 Nations Cup final in Gabon.

Cameroon go into the defence of their crown without star attackers Vincent Aboubakar and Jean Pierre Nsame, both ruled out of the competition with injuries.

Despite retaining only ten players from the victorious Gabon 2017 team, the Dutch tactician believes many fans will be hoping to see his side in the final four.

"Cameroon is the second team with the most titles in the Afcon and as defending champions obviously the fans will expect to see something good from the Lions.

"We need to perform and show on the field why we are title favourites too. I think we have the talent and the possibility to do something very important.

"The way the team is working at the moment, I'm very happy about that and convinced that we are ready to fight to retain our trophy, knowing that we will face very good teams during the event.

Seedorf also brushed off suggestions that inexperience - with 11 squad players appearing at a Nations Cup for the first time - could hinder the team's chances.

"Hopefully this could be a motivation for the new players but we also have experienced players who've won this event so there is a good balance.

"At the end it boils down to the preparation and motivation. We have enough talent in the team to perform and we're confident that the mix is right.

"I hear people say that the group stages will be a warm-up for the big teams but this isn't true. For us winning the first match is crucial.

"There wouldn't be any easy teams in the tournament. We saw Egypt struggle against Zimbabwe and we know that Guinea-Bissau will give their lives against Cameroon. We always want to be first and we'll do our best to top the group."

Cameroon begin the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations against Guinea-Bissau on 25 June in Group F before playing Ghana on 29 June.

The defending African champions end the group phase with a clash against Benin on 2 July.

Guest Pistonbroke

I do hope he doesn't go to China to manage. He's only 59, got years left at top flight management. Toon fans must be gutted.