You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

30 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Argentina vs Colombia on now 

25mins 0-0

The standard of football is appalling. Far better football was on display on Thursday evening served by the Matildas against Brazil. I’m turning it off.

I'd love to turn it off but you know if you do there's a great ending. 

Barring that one Messi shit it's been dire as fuck. I don't think there is one really top level international side sy the moment. All flawed somewhere

20 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'd love to turn it off but you know if you do there's a great ending. 

Barring that one Messi shit it's been dire as fuck. I don't think there is one really top level international side sy the moment. All flawed somewhere

Messi taking a shit on the pitch would be more entertaining than Liverpool spanking Barca 4-0.

Only just, mind. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Unfortunately the Copa America is on too late over here apart from maybe's the early KO's. Watched a bit of it. Still finding it weird that Japan and Qatar are taking part as guests. Qatar actually drew their opening game with Paraguay 2-2, wtf. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Unfortunately the Copa America is on too late over here apart from maybe's the early KO's. Watched a bit of it. Still finding it weird that Japan and Qatar are taking part as guests. Qatar actually drew their opening game with Paraguay 2-2, wtf. 

Qatar are actually ranked 55th in the world. Ahead of Eygpt, for example.

No idea if they've bought their place, simply battered Oman and Lebanon a few times, or they are actually quite good. They were the better team against Paraguay.

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

No idea if they've bought their place, simply battered Oman and Lebanon a few times, or they are actually quite good. They were the better team against Paraguay.

They bought won the Asian Cup earlier this year.

Guest Pistonbroke
12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They are no doubt spending millions on unearthing players who can play for them, lavishing gifts upon them. They used loopholes in the Handball rules to build a very good team, they actually made the WC of handball final but were beaten by France. They also paid out millions to Spanish people to stick on Qatar tops and make out they were home fans. Handball was about as popular as Bobsleigh in Qatar before they decided they could use the sport to try and buy glory. There are rumours they are harvesting talented players for their National football team. Easy as fuck to doctor birth certificates/family trees to say certain players are eligible through grandparents to play for them. 

They looked pretty good against Paraguay. I didn't watch it all, but what I saw, it seems pretty clear they've hired some decent coaches as well.

Look to see they've hired a former Barca youth coach as their manager. He's been there since 2006 (about the time they decided to buy the World Cup, I'm guessing), running their development academy, then their youth teams, and now their senior team.

Guest Pistonbroke

His ban expires later this year, probably looking at ways to extend that. They must have decent evidence against him to actually arrest him. 

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Copa America is on some obscure shite sports channel that you have to subscribe to so no wonder not many people are watching it, in addition to the late kick offs.

The African Cup of Nations is on Eurosport from Friday. 

I hope that spontaneous, technical and attack-minded football is on show, but just as with all the AFCONs of the past 30 years, it will be full of physical, defensive football with teams full of players born in European countries. Also, which West African country's players will have an argument over bonuses with their national FA?