You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It was bound to happen.  The greatest youth player of all time, the once in a generation talent, 80m get him signed.  Fucking comical.

You're making a snap judgement in order to mock people who've made a snap judgement.  Cunning.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

He’s a young CB; these things will happen from time to time. I haven’t seen enough of him to know if all of the hype is justified, but one cock-up means little. At worse, it perhaps tempers the notion that he’ll waltz in as unimpeachable first choice at whichever elite Champions League club he ends up signing for.

Ajax probably aren’t loving this game though.

It’s not one cock up it’s every game he plays.

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You're making a snap judgement in order to mock people who've made a snap judgement.  Cunning.

I find it hilarious that loads of people who’ve watched him in his many games as I have are chatting absolute shit about him.  He’s got mistakes in him every game.  Today is the latest one.  It was bound to happen with all the hype around him the past couple of weeks.  People want Gomez/Matip replaced in the first 11 for a complete unknown that will cost 80m and a hatful if wages.  It’s hilarious.

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I find it hilarious that loads of people who’ve watched him in his many games as I have are chatting absolute shit about him.  He’s got mistakes in him every game.  Today is the latest one.  It was bound to happen with all the hype around him the past couple of weeks.  People want Gomez/Matip replaced in the first 11 for a complete unknown that will cost 80m and a hatful if wages.  It’s hilarious.

I doubt he'd be captain of Ajax at his age if he was making mistakes in every game. That's just silly hyperbole.

Matip, Gomez and big Dejan are all injury prone so personally I wouldn't say no to a more durable centre back.

I know what you mean about the hype, though.

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What famed night? Did they win a friendly over there or something? Or was it Le Tornoi whatever it was called. I loved that tournament. 

They’ll always have Paris!

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They should get the kid who has signed up for Barca on

He's been excellent. Running the game, a game they qlukd be out of sight in if their front 3 wasn't muck.

Guest Pistonbroke

That De Ligt seems to have a few errors in him the higher the level of opposition, especially at international level. He's clearly talented and still young but the price tag is way too much. Let him move to one of the so called other big clubs and we can nab him after that once he's sick of sitting on the bench.

Holland are Ok until they get into dangerous areas but then shit themselves. England were shocking at the back at times, losing the ball in the fashion they did was just brainless. Pace to burn up front though and causing Holland a problem every time they get at them. Poor game though, you can tell players have had a break from football, or like VVD and Wij have just played in a CL final and were on the piss for a day afterwards.  

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I doubt he'd be captain of Ajax at his age if he was making mistakes in every game. That's just silly hyperbole.

Matip, Gomez and big Dejan are all injury prone so personally I wouldn't say no to a more durable centre back.

I know what you mean about the hype, though.

I’m exaggerating obviously but I feel like every game I’ve seen him play against good players he doesn’t look like a strong defender.  He looks like a worse version of John Stones.  Stones blew everyone’s mind with his confidence on the ball when he broke into the Everton side.  He’s developed but nowhere near to the level everyone thought.  Being the captain of Ajax doesn’t mean anything to me.  He’s playing against bin men most weeks.

Don’t get me wrong he, like Stones, is obviously not shit.  He’s 19 things like that are going to happen.  In the intensity of the premier league it would happen a lot more and it’s a complete unknown how he would react.  The money talked is laughable and could easily cause issues here.  Ajax had a great run in the CL and everyone is getting swept up with the hype and that Raiola cunt is just stirring the pot to get as much money as possible.  I don’t think there’s any chance of him coming here but Raiola knows that we are best club to scare Barca into paying over the odds which is exactly what is going to happen.