You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 minutes ago, suzy said:

I see Steve Clarke has been given the Scotland job. He's come across very bitter and angry in the last few months, not sure being Scotland boss will cheer him up!

By the time he screws that job up it’ll tie in nicely with the Ev looking for another manager.

He almost writes the Job Description for himself 

9 minutes ago, suzy said:

I see Steve Clarke has been given the Scotland job. He's come across very bitter and angry in the last few months, not sure being Scotland boss will cheer him up!

No he has just reacted to a certain cunt of a club doing their best to cheat their way to 2nd. Its a brave move for him because his stock has risen after this season. He was on a decent wedge at Kilmarnock but he knows 3rd is as far as he is taking them. 

If he makes the Euro's with Scotland he will eventually end up at a lower table premier league side. He is a good man Steve Clarke, I like him. Didn't want particularly want him as Celtic manager when it was touted but wouldn't have been too gutted either. 

Villas-Boas is favourite to take the Celtic job now. 

Gerry Adams still 500/1 

15 minutes ago, suzy said:

To be honest I'm seeing this as a massive relief, not only in terms of what he has achieved with Kilmarnock, but also because the Scottish F.A. haven't appointed Malky Makay which would have sent an amazing message out just prior to the womens teams getting to the world cup. I really wouldn't have put that past them.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No he has just reacted to a certain cunt of a club doing their best to cheat their way to 2nd. Its a brave move for him because his stock has risen after this season. He was on a decent wedge at Kilmarnock but he knows 3rd is as far as he is taking them. 

If he makes the Euro's with Scotland he will eventually end up at a lower table premier league side. He is a good man Steve Clarke, I like him. Didn't want particularly want him as Celtic manager when it was touted but wouldn't have been too gutted either. 

Villas-Boas is favourite to take the Celtic job now. 

Gerry Adams still 500/1 

Clarkes family are still based down south (from his Chelsea playing days) so I suppose the national team manager post is a bit of an easier sell with them as he won't have to be up in Ayrshire so often. Also I'd imagine Scotland will pay him more than the Killie job so that probably suits him, now he has to get a tune out of a squad of mainly peripheral premier league players with a smattering of Celtic and Championship first teamers.

The level of sectarian abuse he's been getting off Rangers fans is bizarre, I've never really looked into it but what is his actual link to Celtic? Or is it that he is a catholic?

On 19/05/2019 at 09:10, CWD82 said:

I doubt he walks any time soon but he has tried to distance himself. He said something like “I believe in what my owner and my sporting director say, they tell me their is no problem and we are within the rules so I believe that”. When he said that I thought he was giving himself a bit of room to get off the hook with the “I’m only the coach” angle.

if it’s happening he knows. They either think they’re too clever for everyone or plan to bully their way out of it. The arrogance with which they’re handling themselves probably suggests both.

in some ways it’s a shame because they’re a good team on the field and his coaching and set up of them has been excellent. Helps when the dice are loaded granted 

Yeah, there’s surely no way he doesn’t know if that’s going on. Still, if the event they get rumbled and he leaves, brace yourself for the 'Pep as football savant man-child who has no concept of finance, living as he does in the realm of Pure Football' articles.

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

Clarkes family are still based down south (from his Chelsea playing days) so I suppose the national team manager post is a bit of an easier sell with them as he won't have to be up in Ayrshire so often. Also I'd imagine Scotland will pay him more than the Killie job so that probably suits him, now he has to get a tune out of a squad of mainly peripheral premier league players with a smattering of Celtic and Championship first teamers.

The level of sectarian abuse he's been getting off Rangers fans is bizarre, I've never really looked into it but what is his actual link to Celtic? Or is it that he is a catholic?

He grew up a Killie fan mate his brother played for them. Its because he is a Catholic and I think he turned them down not long ago. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

He grew up a Killie fan mate his brother played for them. Its because he is a Catholic and I think he turned them down not long ago. 

Thanks for the info, that lot are just odd with their orange kits and BBC conspiracy theories. When I was growing up Sectarianism was reasonably rife and that was on the north east coast let alone Glasgow and the immediate vicinity, it does feel odd that it's locus is now almost entirely football related.

I'm in Islington and their London supporter club pub is on my road, load of Union jacks and Red Hands of ulster with the word 'Loyal' cropping up on the banners as much as possible, it's located in a really ethnically diverse community, it feels weird and I wonder what those without knowledge of the background make of it.

6 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Thanks for the info, that lot are just odd with their orange kits and BBC conspiracy theories. When I was growing up Sectarianism was reasonably rife and that was on the north east coast let alone Glasgow and the immediate vicinity, it does feel odd that it's locus is now almost entirely football related.

I'm in Islington and their London supporter club pub is on my road, load of Union jacks and Red Hands of ulster with the word 'Loyal' cropping up on the banners as much as possible, it's located in a really ethnically diverse community, it feels weird and I wonder what those without knowledge of the background make of it.

I was in Islington last week. Not far from Pentonville and I reckon Pentonville would be a much nicer experience than entering that pub. 

Just lol at Chelsea. They hire Sarri with like 3 weeks left in preseason, the supporters cheer against him all season and now they'll sack him for Frank Lampard with a transfer ban looming even though he secured Champions League and a possible Europa League title. What a weird club.

22 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Was going to watch that Bundesliga relegation playoff. Wish I had. 2-2 Stuttgart vs Union Berlin. Away goals come into play. If it stays like this great result for Berlin

Entertaining match, and Union deserved the result.

Return leg is Monday.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Have to admit, I like the new Arsenal home shirt

Leaked-Arsenal-Kit-2019-20-624x511.jpg

So they're playing in jeans next year? They are really relaxing their dress code.