You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

55 minutes ago, an tha said:

6,000 tickets each for Arsenal and Chelsea for UEFA cup final - in a 68,000 capacity stadium.

Modern football strikes again - absolutely disgusting.

And it's an 11pm local time kick off. 6000 tickets is insane. Fucking insane.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

I suspect UEFA will not like this English dominance. Can see them taking FFP more seriously again, like they did back when English clubs were dominating 5-10 years ago. 

Could help us to fight city 

I think UEFA are shit scared of one of oil rich clubs taking this beyond arbitration and ending up in the European courts fighting against a restrictive practise, which it ultimately is.

55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Are you posting from the future?

I haven't a clue what was going on mate. The programme directory said it was live at 5:30 and a Getafe win would gaurentee top 4. Turned it on after 30mins and it was 1-0 got to HT they went to a advert break and it kicked off again straight after advert. Must have been some fuck up in listing and showing last weekends game

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Just heard Brighton have only lost one of the last 5 at home vs City

SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-mobile.jpg 

That’s not right I’m afraid. 

They've played 4 times since 2017 and City have won every game.

EDIT: Actually you are right. They have only won 1 away to Brighton in the last 5.....however that includes results from ‘81, ‘83 and ‘89.

Mauricio Pochettino: I would be stupid to stay with no plan, says Tottenham manager

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he would be "stupid" to stay at the club if they expect similar levels of success without changing the way they are run.

The Champions League finalists have not signed a player since 31 January 2018.

Pochettino plans talks with chairman Daniel Levy this summer after five years in charge.

"I am not open to start a new chapter with no plan, with no clear idea, with not being transparent," he said.

Pochettino, who has four years left on his contract, hinted before Wednesday's stunning Champions League semi-final second-leg victory over Ajax that he could quit and go home to Argentina if they won the competition.

He has turned Spurs into a regular top-four team during his time in charge, while spending less money than their rivals - and nothing in the past two transfer windows.

The last player he bought, almost 16 months ago, was Lucas Moura, who scored a hat-trick - including an injury-time winner - against Ajax to set up a Champions League final with Liverpool in Madrid on 1 June.

Spurs moved to their new £1bn, 62,062-seater Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last month.

"I know very well how this business works," Pochettino said. "And we know we need to operate in a different way - that doesn't mean to spend more or less money.

"But if we expect every season to be in the final of the Champions League, we need to create a plan. And the plan maybe is different to what has happened in the last five years.

"If we believe that if we operate in the same way that we have operated in the last five years we are going to be every season in the final of the Champions League, and in the top four and competing against projects like Liverpool or Manchester City or Manchester United, I think we are very naive," he said.

"If you want to expect the same from Liverpool, from Manchester City or Manchester United and Chelsea, and you put the same expectation on Tottenham, give me different tools to work.

"If not, I see the people working in the same way, in the future I'm going to be this guy. I am the most stupid person to work."

Spurs are fourth in the Premier League table going into their final game against Everton, but could only lose their top-four spot if they lose and Arsenal win at Burnley with an eight-goal swing.

It’s Saturday 11th May. It’s Championship play-off semi-final day. 

12.30hrs - Villa v WBA

17.30hrs - Derby v Dirty Leeds

So, who do we want in the ultimate shoot-out for a PL place?

Take it away, scutters....

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s Saturday 11th May. It’s Championship play-off semi-final day. 

12.30hrs - Villa v WBA

17.30hrs - Derby v Dirty Leeds

So, who do we want in the ultimate shoot-out for a PL place?

Take it away, scutters....

Derby 

Christ you'd think pochettino got Woking to the European final the way he talks. Spurs have a great team, he's done a great job, it's not a worlds first though, what spurs have achieved isn't unique, rafa got a worse team winning the European cup and built a side that finished second in spite of bad owners and poor resources.

What klopp has done by spending what the club earns taking us from a side that gets beat 6-1 by stoke to a 94/95/97 point team that's been in a league cup final, Europa final and 2 European cup finals and this season has been beat just once and that was by city. I think it's more impressive.

Then there's Leicester title and the cheeky bastards sacked their manager the following year. Pochettino is an excellent manager but claiming to being hard done by yet unique whilst moving into their new billion pound stadium still having a top squad. It ain't all bad. It's no different to arsenal.