You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That's all well and good, Dave D. But I'm wearing pampers from now til the final, thanks very much.

This kind of thinking is ridiculous. Everyone knows Huggies nappies are better

• Upvote 2

They’ll burn a shitload of nervous energy in the run up to their first ever European Cup final. They’ve been nowhere near this stage before and it’s likely a one-off shot for them. We’ll definitely have huge advantages of experience and pedigree in terms of playing the game not the occasion, both as a club and team. That often counts plenty.

My main concern is the 3 week lay-off removing all that momentum we’ve built up and being a massive leveller. In a 90 minute game against a very good side who mirror a number of our strengths, from what will amount to a standing start, no guarantees at all.

However, after the unimaginable frustration of playing so well but it being out of their hands since January, I can’t see our lads letting this one slip when we’re masters of our own destiny and facing a side ultimately inferior to both us and the one we’ve gone toe-to-toe with all season long.

49 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Turns out Ol Sir Harry gave them a half time talking to.

The attention seeking me me me bellwhiff diving dont give me two chances overrated diet Alan Shearer 

Was that why Vertonghen had a face mask on?

4 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

They’ll burn a shitload of nervous energy in the run up to their first ever European Cup final. They’ve been nowhere near this stage before and it’s likely a one-off shot for them. We’ll definitely have huge advantages of experience and pedigree in terms of playing the game not the occasion, both as a club and team. That often counts plenty.

My main concern is the 3 week lay-off removing all that momentum we’ve built up and being a massive leveller. In a 90 minute game against a very good side who mirror a number of our strengths, from what will amount to a standing start, no guarantees at all.

However, after the unimaginable frustration of playing so well but it being out of their hands since January, I can’t see our lads letting this one slip when we’re masters of our own destiny and facing a side ultimately inferior to both us and the one we’ve gone toe-to-toe with all season long.

The break is definitely a concern - some of our lesser performances this season have come after breaks, but on the other hand we hadn’t play for a fortnight prior to both our games against Spurs this season. I think the Wembley game was perhaps our best display against them under the anthropomorphic hamster, the Anfield game less so.

Regarding the nervous energy, one thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope is the fact that they are so England-centric. Despite having a comparatively easy ride and more rest, they were basically finished after an hour against a Croatia team with an average age of about 39 when the opportunity for a World Cup final was in front of them.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Why is the final so late anyway.

1st June is fucking ridiculous.

Agreed, it’s an absurdity and while a team in miserable form like Spurs will be delighted, it doesn’t help us at all given the momentum we’ve recaptured. I’d be inclined to arrange a behind-closed-doors friendly or two.

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Agreed, it’s an absurdity and while a team in miserable form like Spurs will be delighted, it doesn’t help us at all given the momentum we’ve recaptured. I’d be inclined to arrange a behind-closed-doors friendly or two.

No warm weather camps!

Last time everyone was bad after.

Spurs fan on BBC News this morning “We done it. And we’ll do Liverpool too! Payback for 1962!”

Eh???

Looked like 40 years ago he’d have had a Grandad vest, braces, Ox bloods and a skinhead cut and been shouting”You want some???”, on White Hart Lane.

7 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Spurs fan on BBC News this morning “We done it. And we’ll do Liverpool too! Payback for 1962!”

Eh???

Looked like 40 years ago he’d have had a Grandad vest, braces, Ox bloods and a skinhead cut and been shouting”You want some???”, on White Hart Lane.

Just googled it, they got knocked out in the semi's, we were second division at the time, fuck did it have to do with us?