You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

How times change. Not that long ago you wanted Klopp gone! One of the Original Hysterical Fannies. 

1892-LFCWasBorn, on 02 Oct 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him. 

Isn’t it a good thing that he’s a hysterical fanny no more?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, torahboy said:

What's with the fear over Alan Sugar's old team? Some people on this forum are, to put it as kindly as possible, absolute shithouses. We've just whipped the supposedly best team 'in the world' with a depleted team, and now some of you are living in fear of a crew who crept past a wet behind the ears Ajax team. Get a fucking grip.

Too right mate. We'll smash them in the final. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

No more bottle jobs in finals please reds. The comedown after beating Dortmund and then Man City was too much the last two times. 

At least we have a fairly competent keeper this time. 

And let's not forget Lloris had his own Karius moment in his most recent cup final. He was just fortunate enough that his team allowed him to get away with it. 

Ajax were naive and arrogant, if they would have scraped through they would not have played like that in the final I believe, Neres would have been back too.

Spurs will probably be harder but not by much. We win we deserve it, we lose, we don’t. No more hard luck stories please. 

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Quims are gonna quim. You guys did the same thing about the Barca game. Happy quimming you quimmers. 

is correct.

Holy fuck - the number of times I've sat at half time with the lads needing to turn things around in big games - cup finals - knock out Euro games - since the bloody 70s for heaven's sake.

Bring it on. I don't care who the opposition is, nobody is strolling past us to get big ears.

• Upvote 1

Ajax are much more of an attacking threat than spuds. What people fear is the equivalent of a premiership game where spuds are supposedly due a win against us. Thing is this will be a final in Madrid and a totally different game. Despite the heat, they will freeze. The Iceman knows. 

• Upvote 1

Lads worrying about spurs fuck off, undoubtedly a good team but we just beat Barcelona 4 fucking nil without 2 of our best players. This team has unbelievable character and self belief. Our record against them is fucking boss, we are European royalty, we’ve been to final last year, this will be completely novel for them. If someone told you we’d be playing g Spurs in a CL final when we lost 2-0 to Red Star you would of you would have had the fella sectioned.

Have people watched our recent games against Spurs? They're always ridiculously tense with large periods in the games where we've had to defend deep. They have a workhorse midfield that can match ours and difference-makers up front. It's not at all hysterical to say this. 

I would have much preferred to play against that naive Ajax side, as good as they looked going forward. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Have people watched our recent games against Spurs? They're always ridiculously tense with large periods in the games where we've had to defend deep. They have a workhorse midfield that can match ours and difference-makers up front. It's not at all hysterical to say this. 

I would have much preferred to play against that naive Ajax side, as good as they looked going forward. 

Yep. More possession in both games this season too. When I say they’re 'due a win' it’s not just based on instinct or superstition, but on the fact that they’ve outplayed us on more than one occasion of late without reward. A team capable of that is not likely to keep losing without reply. I couldn’t be more pessimistic about this final, I think it’s a complete disaster.

• Downvote 1