You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Spurs play us really well. They mirror our style in some ways. Even if we've beaten them more often recently, the matches against them usually come down to small details. 

In the game at ours few weeks back, we were throwing men forward to get the winner and that played into their hands. They had a few half chances and passed it well. Unless we're losing, we won't need to chase it and hopefully our experience and frankly better players will stand us in good stead.

17 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

People are just disappointed, we just saw an almost certain win torn out of our grasp at the last minute, there’s also a very real sense of “ names on the cup” for Spurs the way the competition has gone for them.

Don't watch it then. Put on a quim vid and leave the game to us.  

• Upvote 1

Fuck this Spurs' name on the cup. Why? We lost our three away qualifiers, needing a win against Napoli in the last game, seen off a Bayern team that were unbeaten at home in donkeys and everyone said would beat us and come back from a 3-0 first leg deficit against Barcalona with 66% of our best attack missing.

Add in last years heartbreak if anything it's our name on it.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d be a lot more optimistic about facing Man City - we’ve played them twice and deserved more than to come away with a single point, whereas Spurs should have beaten us at Anfield and always cause us great difficulty despite rarely winning. They’re due one, and it’s hard not to see it being in this final.

So no matter who the teams are they eventually need to have an even number of wins and losses? Nothing else is taken into account, just that "they are due a win". Its bollocks. We've been in multiple Cup finals with Klopp, maybe we're the ones who are due the win. 

If all of your predictions came true then we'd have been knocked out in the group stage, relegated from the Premier League and City would have won the league with 114 points. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d be a lot more optimistic about facing Man City - we’ve played them twice and deserved more than to come away with a single point, whereas Spurs should have beaten us at Anfield and always cause us great difficulty despite rarely winning. They’re due one, and it’s hard not to see it being in this final.

Football isn’t a game of averages. The better teams tend to errm... win more often. Spurs can beat us of course, but it won’t be because we’ve beaten them twice this season. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, an tha said:

Terrible result.

Absolutely terrible.

Sounds mad after last night and what we did but that has really put a downer on things for me (for now)

These cunts are horrible to play against and of course they'll have Ingerlunds hero Sir Harry the lionheart Kane fit to dive all over the place v us and "dont give me two chances" it from the pen/s he dives for.

They have won 1 of their last 14 meetings with us.

1 of the last 14 - wouldn't it just be the most Liverpool thing ever for them to win the biggest 1 of all on the back of a record like that?

Madrid will be horrible as well sharing it with their fans - horrible "yid army" twats...they'll have their poxy george cross with spurs on tour emblazoned on them banners as well....will be like playing Ingerlund.

Plus we'd have dismantled Ajax - they are made for us way they play and with their obvious weaknesses....whereas these Spurs twats are a real handful for us.....spawny gets seem to have their name on this too - dead and buried in group stage and somehow escaped...look at what happened v the oil cheats and look at tonight with a goal at death.

Of course yesterday we thought we had little chance of being there and it is amazing we are but tonight at least knowing it is these twats has just spoiled it a bit for me.

Absolutely.

You don’t keep beating a team of their quality time after time. Awful result, and I can’t see past a Spurs win in the final.

• Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Absolutely.

You don’t keep beating a team of their quality time after time. Awful result, and I can’t see past a Spurs win in the final.

I think I know who has set this 2nd account up. 

14 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Absolutely.

What’s in this for you, genuinely? I can’t get my head around it. We just came back from 3-0 down against Barcelona, without Salah and Firmino... and now that we’ve made it to the final to face Spurs, in a one legged contest, you can’t see anything but a loss? I mean, we might still lose but if you’re not allowing yourself to have any hope now, what’s the fucking point?

• Upvote 1

In the hysterical Fannies defence, the fear of losing to a local, same league, rival is a horrible thought. Add in the fact that we have the situation at the weekend and it's easy to feel and expect the worst. 

What will be will be. Enjoy the fact that we're in a 2nd successive European cup final and can still win the league on Sunday.

A far cry from getting hammered by stoke just 4 short years ago at the same time as Madrid were winning the first of their 3 in a row! 

Our glass is far above half full lads,it's fucking overflowing. Love the highs and fuck the lows. Number 19 and 6 are on their way!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fuck me. Too many negative cunts on here.

When Ajax were 2 up, saying how are we going to cope with them and the way that they play.

Now the same hysterical fannies saying Spurs name on the cup and they are our 'bogey team'

Have a fucking day off will ya.

How times change. Not that long ago you wanted Klopp gone! One of the Original Hysterical Fannies. 

1892-LFCWasBorn, on 02 Oct 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's with the fear over Alan Sugar's old team? Some people on this forum are, to put it as kindly as possible, absolute shithouses. We've just whipped the supposedly best team 'in the world' with a depleted team, and now some of you are living in fear of a crew who crept past a wet behind the ears Ajax team. Get a fucking grip.

• Upvote 2