You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After watching a couple of their last few games, Burnley, Manc derby I genuinely couldn’t be arsed putting myself through it again. I watched a documentary about The Yorkshire Ripper instead tonight and had a glance at my phone at 10pm to see that mekon headed shithouse scored a 30 yarder. It  just felt so depressingly inevitable. Glad I swerved watching it. The gig is fucked as long as these cunts are around.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rotoq said:

City aren't going to get shit overnight. They'll keep buying and buying and buying.

And what do you think we are going to do? Sit idly by and twiddle our thumbs? If it was all about money, why haven't city won the CL after 5+ years of aggressive bottomless pit spending. 

Have some faith with the man and the team at the helm. 

Brighton are decent enough in defence and well organised. Their attack is atrocious and their only real threat is duffy from a header.

However, if we take the lead and they stay scoreless into the second half, you never know. 

A long shot but stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Brighton are decent enough in defence and well organised. Their attack is atrocious and their only real threat is duffy from a header.

However, if we take the lead and they stay scoreless into the second half, you never know. 

A long shot but stranger things have happened.

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Heart breaking, absolutely heartbreaking. I dont know what's worse, not winning the title from 7 points clear or hearing all the fans jibbing us not just through the summer but at probably every fecking league and domestic cup game next season.

Im normally quite optimistic but good luck to the people who think we're going to mount as good as run next season. This season has been a record breaker for us. You dont tend to get record breakers year on year.

Yeah, we got the rub of the green in some games but so have city. 9 fucking millimeters that shot of ours was from going in before stones cleared it. It's like the footballing gods are laughing at us and saying 'remember Garcia's 'ghost goal'?'

Sadio's incorrectly chalked off goal was possibly cancelled out by one of the 'luckier' goals we did get. Leicester had a real go at us at Anfield but despite their backs to the wall defending tonight, looked fucking woeful otherwise.

That game tonight was destined to be a draw until every fucker in Leicester's team backed off kompany. He bought a ticket in the raffle and it won. They got a huge slice of luck tonight to put them in the boss seat.

I'll keep believing until the final whistle on Sunday that Brighton can get something and we get a win. In some respects I wish Id just give up because this is painful but I cant. I really cannot believe the footballing gods are going to shit on us in full glare of every other fucking no mark fan.

This must be what Christians felt like, tied to stakes in the Colosseum, when the lions were let loose in the arena.

Those other nomark fans are gonna have to wise up at some point, the stupid twats - Anybody but Liverpool is all well and good (as small time as it is) but they seem to be forgetting that their own clubs have no chance either up against these financially doped twats.

How long before Abramovich decides enough is enough scrapping for Top 4 and jibs it? Chelsea fans think it is funny now - see how funny they think it is when it dawns on them they are chasing shadows.

Man Utd fans wanting their city rivals to win league might be funny for them now to see us not win it - let's see how funny they think it is when the money dries up because they are so far in City's shadow that all that money being thrown at them is thrown at City instead.

Let's see how funny Spurs fans find it when they fully realise the best team they have had in 60 years wins fuck all because of City.

As i said earlier Turkeys voting for Christmas.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Those other nomark fans are gonna have to wise up at some point, the stupid twats - Anybody but Liverpool is all well and good (as small time as it is) but they seem to be forgetting that their own clubs have no chance either up against these financially doped twats.

How long before Abramovich decides enough is enough scrapping for Top 4 and jibs it? Chelsea fans think it is funny now - see how funny they think it is when it dawns on them they are chasing shadows.

Man Utd fans wanting their city rivals to win league might be funny for them now to see us not win it - let's see how funny they think it is when the money dries up because they are so far in City's shadow that all that money being thrown at them is thrown at City instead.

Let's see how funny Spurs fans find it when they fully realise the best team they have had in 60 years wins fuck all because of City.

Correct mate

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Bang on. 

10 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem

Duffman and homer up front would be more of a goal threat than the Brighton attackers. still think they will be hard for city to break down though and if we get a good lead.....the stress could hit even them.

Fuck them and all the other gobshites who want them to win it.

We’re absolutely boss and they’re shit scared of us. People saying they’ll spend, yeah they will but the players they’ve signed haven’t been unbelievable. They make bad signings like everyone else.

Plus their key players are all getting a little bit past it now, kompany, Fernandinho, D Silva and Aguero are a coming to the end of their peak. Who knows how they deal with another intense season

Im gutted tonight but the one thing that I’m made up with is we’ve got Klopp and he’s the best manager in the game at creating a positive atmosphere and I know he’ll get the team going again. 

We’ll beat them home and away in the league next season and that will win us the league. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

Guilty of that myself too though, because I was delighted to see them pinch the league at Man United’s expense a few years neck. I can understand fans of other clubs taking the stance they’re taking - City are a huge, plastic PR campaign. Of course it’s preferable to see them win titles rather than your traditional bitter, hated rivals. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CWD82 said:

Fuck them and all the other gobshites who want them to win it.

We’re absolutely boss and they’re shit scared of us. People saying they’ll spend, yeah they will but the players they’ve signed haven’t been unbelievable. They make bad signings like everyone else.

Plus their key players are all getting a little bit past it now, kompany, Fernandinho, D Silva and Aguero are a coming to the end of their peak. Who knows how they deal with another intense season

Im gutted tonight but the one thing that I’m made up with is we’ve got Klopp and he’s the best manager in the game at creating a positive atmosphere and I know he’ll get the team going again. 

We’ll beat them home and away in the league next season and that will win us the league. 

Good post. They are losing four giants in their dressing room in the next 12 months. De Bruyne is injured a lot and sane and gundogan will fuck off to germany.

They will buy quality but no guarantee they will be the success of the above players.

• Upvote 1

Just now, El Rojo said:

Guilty of that myself too though, because I was delighted to see them pinch the league at Man United’s expense a few years neck. I can understand fans of other clubs taking the stance they’re taking - City are a huge, plastic PR campaign. Of course it’s preferable to see them win titles rather than your traditional bitter rivals. 

But what happens when their grip becomes so vice like that it starts to strangle the life out of their own clubs - which it will.

They are gonna mop up all 3 domestic trophies this season - they are on for 198 pts in 2 seasons...if you are a fan of a big club then this is not good news for you at all.

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Guilty of that myself too though, because I was delighted to see them pinch the league at Man United’s expense a few years neck. I can understand fans of other clubs taking the stance they’re taking - City are a huge, plastic PR campaign. Of course it’s preferable to see them win titles rather than your traditional bitter, hated rivals. 

I'm not sure anyone at the time was quite aware how big a steaming shit they were going to take on the rules though. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

But what happens when their grip becomes so vice like that it starts to strangle the life out of their own clubs - which it will.

They are gonna mop up all 3 domestic trophies this season - they are on for 198 pts in 2 seasons...if you are a fan of a big club then this is not good news for you at all.

They wont give a shit because depending who you support, your other rivals arent winning the title either.

Have you forgotten how Anfield rocked to 'You lost the league on Merseyside' to united the season after Leeds beat them to it? Oh how we laughed at them while we finished 5th or 6th, was it?

That's fickle football fans for you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

They wont give a shit because depending who you support, your other rivals arent winning the title either.

Have you forgotten how Anfield rocked to 'You lost the league on Merseyside' to united the season after Leeds beat them to it? Oh how we laughed at them while we finished 5th or 6th, was it?

That's fickle football fans for you.

Always look on the bright side of life too was belted out.

Yeah we are fickle...but we are entering unchartered waters here, where a team is raising the bar to levels never seen before and of course doing so through financial cheating.

If this is where they are taking the game where 100 pts or thereabouts is what is needed to win league then that is really bad news for all who harbour ambitions to win it, because it isn't realistic to expect to have to achieve that sort of level...and in a time where money is king more than ever it won't take long with these dominating the game totally before money starts walking away from the rest.

Let's see how funny other fans find it the longer this goes on.

I think this seasons been brilliant.

Genuinely couldn't care less what other teams think of us not winning the league. We've broke our record points and we've been boss all season. What're they going to joke about? You're boss but you've won fuck all? It's just a matter of time. Klopps not going anywhere lads and we're only going from strength to strength.

Sign a few worldies next summer and turn those draws into wins. City are still and always will be irrelevant.

• Upvote 3

Got to hand it to Leicester, they were very reasonable opposition, but they couldn't score that goal.
So, it's looking highly likely that City retain the title, albeit, with a reduced points tally because WE have been so fucking awesome this season. We're back, and what's really important here, is that we stabilise our position as the genuine biggest club in the premier League, by continuing the investment in the squad, and separating the chaff that can fuck off.

I'd like the big man Origi to stay, and I'm hoping he puts a big shift in against Barca. Sturridge's contract is up and if Kloppo was willing to a do a little more rotation, Origi could come good next season. 

Exciting times, and toppling City off their perch is going to be an entertaining and satisfying watch. Definite silverware next season for us, and who knows, the God of Football may still smile on us this week.

• Upvote 3

This is the best Liverpool team I've ever had the privilege to watch. We've been absolutely brilliant this season but we've pulled a lot of points out of the fire and depite how good we are I can't see us replicating this points tally next season.

City probably will do because most teams can't lay a glove on them either through the shithouse tactics of the opposition or through the fact that they play keep ball and strangle a game as soon as they go in front.

I just hope that the gobshites within our fan base keep their mouths shut if we end up on 80+ points next season. There's already the noises of 'Klopp needs to win a trophy' and you know that people will question him if we fall short next year despite him having to compete with a team that has financially cheated their way to the top. He literally couldn't have done a better job than he has.

Feel pretty gutted tonight as Brighton just aren't a team that will make it difficult for City next week. Sometimes you just don't get what you deserve.

23 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

This is the best Liverpool team I've ever had the privilege to watch. We've been absolutely brilliant this season but we've pulled a lot of points out of the fire and depite how good we are I can't see us replicating this points tally next season.

City probably will do because most teams can't lay a glove on them either through the shithouse tactics of the opposition or through the fact that they play keep ball and strangle a game as soon as they go in front.

I just hope that the gobshites within our fan base keep their mouths shut if we end up on 80+ points next season. There's already the noises of 'Klopp needs to win a trophy' and you know that people will question him if we fall short next year despite him having to compete with a team that has financially cheated their way to the top. He literally couldn't have done a better job than he has.

Feel pretty gutted tonight as Brighton just aren't a team that will make it difficult for City next week. Sometimes you just don't get what you deserve.

I’ve never understood the “HE NEEDS TO WIN A TROPHY!” thing. As though the 2012 League Cup win, nice as it was, did more to put us back on the map than the CL final last year or what could be our greatest ever league campaign results-wise this time around. You compete where you can - Man City, thanks to the powers that be giving them permission to spend with impunity, have the squad to be the greatest team in the history of league football and go to the latter stages of every cup competition. No-one else does. 

• Upvote 1