You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

But we more or less knew it was over after their United game. If something were to happen, there is about equal crazy chance of it happening in any of the 3 last games as far as I'm concerned and there is still one left . I just cannot go through the same kind of disappointment every time.

2 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Not over just yet. Thought Brighton showed somethng against Arsenal at which we can clutch. l. Not quite ready to collapse into a self pitying flood of snot and tears. Let's see how the cards fall.

Did you see the last 10 minutes of the Arsenal/Brighton match? Because that's what it's going to be like for 90 minutes on Sunday. Brighton don't have anywhere near as good players in midfield and attack that Leicester have. It'll take something incredibly crazy for them to hold out for 90 minutes. It's hard to see any way they can do it. But yes, it's not actually over yet, and until it's over, I suppose you never know. 

The 11mm thing is nothing. It wasn't over the line it may aswell of been a yard infront. We've been brilliant but a team that's spent near a decade financially doping itself exists at the same time. We have no luck with our league run timing. The rest of the countrys fans should be fucking glad we made this season something other than a dead competition.

I honestly can't see how anybody could wrestle the title away from city in the near future, nearly 200 points in 2 seasons. We won't get 97 points next season we had grit and luck and earnt every point I just don't see how we do that again. It's deflating but I'll be fucked if I show that too other fans.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City are the eventual death of the premier league.

That remains to be seen, but too many consecutive wins and maybe something will change. I’m not optimistic though, because Scotland, Spain, Germany & Italy are all major one or two team leagues and no-one seems inclined to mix it up. Unless the powers that be see money in having play offs and a showpiece final decide the season, second place & a good Champions League run is the realistic target. It doesn’t add to the tally, but it says an awful lot about the quality of the team.

“There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always— do not forget this, Winston— always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever.”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

I admire the optimism, but how are we going to compete? Nobody can consistently match the stupid standards City set without spending the same billions they do.

This felt like a one-off year where loads of things went our way when they needed to and it still wasn't enough. We might be a great side but it's going to be so hard to match this season again. Horrible.

The difference for me is, Liverpool are building a team, whilst City are buying one, and there will always be a chance for something that is built on solid foundations, which is where and what we are.

This managerial team will come back tougher next season and also a season wiser and lets not kid ourselves here, we can spend when we need to. We're here to stay for the foreseeable and that alone is to be rejoiced and give optimism.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I genuinely feel a bit nauseous. 

It's fucking heartbreaking. If we beat Wolves, 1 loss all season. 97 points. Aguero scoring by millimetres. Stones off the line. The Mane disallowed goal at Arsenal. 

Fetch me a fucking bucket! 

Yeah but in fairness you also have the Pickford howler and resulting Origi goal, the last minute OG vs Spurs, the Mahrez penalty miss etc.

City haven't really been fortunate, they've played incredibly well. It's just deeply depressing how such a club can be allowed to have a stranglehold over the league.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

The difference for me is, Liverpool are building a team, whilst City are buying one, and there will always be a chance for something that is built on solid foundations, which is where and what we are.

This managerial team will come back tougher next season and also a season wiser and lets not kid ourselves here, we can spend when we need to. We're here to stay for the foreseeable and that alone is to be rejoiced and give optimism.

I really hope so, but the Spanish vultures will be circling around our front 3 in the likely event we don't win anything.

City are going to spend as usual, so one step back could set us back years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DirkDiggledinho said:

Yeah but in fairness you also have the Pickford howler and resulting Origi goal, the last minute OG vs Spurs, the Mahrez penalty miss etc.

City haven't really been fortunate, they've played incredibly well. It's just deeply depressing how such a club can be allowed to have a stranglehold over the league.

We've deffo had a fair bit of luck when needed this season - it is hard to imagine us getting same amount again and that is part of the worry moving forward.

Our pts haul this season is highly likely a once in a generation one and way, way above the norm even for the best teams.....problem is we are up against a financially doped team who now seem to have set their norm to circa 100 pts 

Highly unlikely we're going to have another season like this with this number of points with one defeat only, but even if we did, looking like City are looking at around 95-100 points a season until someone gets bored. It's just the way it is and in football you never now, sometimes the unexpected happens. Even so I want to win something again and perhaps we should take at least one of the cups more seriously next season.

I fear now that our squad will be broken up. There will be players and agents saying “ what more could we have done, maybe time to move on” 

I would love to think we could go again next season, but I just can’t see it. 

City are killing football and the authorities will not do anything to stop it. 

Just now, DirkDiggledinho said:

I really hope so, but the Spanish vultures will be circling around our front 3 in the likely event we don't win anything.

That's the main thing that bothers me. Not that I'm concerned for this summer particularly, but in general. We've had to build our squad, subject to the normal bullshit laws of football, that all roads lead to the Spanish giants and all success is pyrrhic as it just leads to your leading players getting poached. It makes you money, but means you're constantly taking steps back as you take them forward.

Something that's really cunted me off this year is the talk of the money we spent last summer, conveniently ignoring that:

a) that's the first time we've spent really mega big money for donkeys years and

b) most of the cash for that was earned by having to lose our best player

Manchester wanking in a fucking flannel City don't have to do that; they operate in a vacuum. They spend big every year and have done every year since 2008, and in that time they've never had to worry about losing players, losses on flops or anything like that.

8 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Of course they will buy, as will we. I have great faith in how we recruit players and what we look for in a player. Not sure we've bought any real duds under Klopp.....well, bar Karius, but we've rectified that position long term and if a Mo or a Mane want to get off, then we'll do as we did with Coutinho, we'll reinvest and get a player at the least equally as good, or someone with the potential to be better. We've had some tough falls over the last few seasons, but that'll make us stronger. This is not misguided loyalty or blind faith, we are here to stay. 

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Worst part of it all is seeing all our rivals cheering these on when their clubs are being damaged just as badly as we are by them.

Stupid twats are literally Turkeys voting for Christmas.

It's like Ben Johnson taking on Stephen Hawking with 4 flat tyres.