You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I hate losing the league to those bunch of FFP dopers but the fact that the fucking cosmos seems to be on their side as well is just pretty fucking galling…

28mm to them and 11mm against us, Kompany scoring wonder goals and former players missing clear cut chances… FUCK!!!

Just now, Thoth said:

And a cheating ex City player to make sure they didn’t get a draw 

I think you're giving his ability a little too much credit. He gets about five minutes every week and appears have got progressively worse for about three years. 

In theory, anything can happen on that last day. Pressure causes unexpected outcomes. Particularly if City go into the game with the same attitude as some of the Sky cunts, thinking that it's already won. 

But, my hope tank is pretty much running on fumes now. When City are edging closer and closer to the line with Aguero scoring by millimetres and a defender who hasn't scored in over a year banging 30 yarders into the top bin (why the fuck didn't they close him down), you've got to think that these cheating cunts don't only bend the rules, but that they've got the fucking devil on their side. 

Lads, our season is to be praised, applauded and admired, not to be full of regret and remorse. The simple fact is, is that we are here to stay, we're not a one season shot from the dark like seasons past, this squad and this managerial team are here to stay and next season, we'll be hitting the same heights again.

I get the points tally and the single loss hurts, but we'll be hitting those heights again next season, I don't just feel it, I know it.

Celebrate and get into town after the match on Sunday, no moping into pints, this season, our team and our club is to be rejoiced and sung loud and proud about. Leave the bitterness and regret to the shite across the park. 

• Upvote 3

I know we have a chance, albeit small, and we'll have plenty on here who'll say don't be a hysterical fanny but come on, how are we supposed to go again after this,even if we do improve squad wise. We could easily be played 10,won 7,drawn 2 and lost 1 next season and be 6or7 points behind.

Clutching at straws here. I'm as deflated as I could possibly be. 

Haven't the heart to tell my lad. I'll tell him in the morning and let him dream. 

• Downvote 1

Short of the introduction of an American style post-season to determine the true champions, I’m not sure they’ll be stopped at any point over the next 10-15 years. Too much money, no consequences. You tend to only beat a team with such a lopsided advantage in cup competitions.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

I’m 53 and supported us since my earliest memories, football wise this is the bitterest disappointment I have experienced, just devastated 

Easily.

To know that we have put together a season like this - highest pts total in our history and probably the 3rd highest ever by anyone, a total higher than any of Ferguson's Man Utd teams, higher than Arsenal's invincibles, and for it to count for fuck all is more than a bitter pill....gutting does not even begin to describe it.

When you look at how hard it is to do what we have done, when you think that only this financially doped team we are chasing have ever done better (assuming we get a point Sunday) - when you think how long we have waited to finally put together a proper title winning like season - it is just absolutely, totally devestating.

• Upvote 1

It's times like these I think we may not win anything again for the forseeable future. Maybe the best Liverpool team ever playing out of their skin and most likely we get nothing. It's difficult to see how we can keep improving given the ridiculous standards we've reached and City continue to lay down. If we lose key players or just get into a slump it looks like there's no way back for us with this oil money taking over football.

I'm heartbroken, but I didn't feel like Leicester had any real chance. If Kompany hadn't twatted that in the pressure would have told eventually I reckon.

It's been a great season, no disgrace getting the points so far that under fair rules would see us champions. Unfortunately all we've done is keep the cheats going as a few seasons of them striding ahead would have surely made the officials deal with them. Now they'll point to what has been an incredible battle and say it's fair.

It's over for us this season, I'm proud as fuck of my team. I pity those pricks that have to cheer on a team of cheats because they're killing the game. Fuck them, we've done what we have done cleanly and without financial doping. 

If you think Brighton will get anything against city then you're clearly fucking mental and in for some hurt on Sunday, deal with it now and celebrate what we have achieved. 

• Upvote 2

I feel good that we have Klopp. Don't care if shitty win it. They've spent the most there has ever been spent and their corruption is a disgrace, we have great times coming to us. Don't lose heart and don't give the fucking cunts the satisfaction of seeing you down. 

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

I know we have a chance, albeit small, and we'll have plenty on here who'll say don't be a hysterical fanny but come on, how are we supposed to go again after this,even if we do improve squad wise. We could easily be played 10,won 7,drawn 2 and lost 1 next season and be 6or7 points behind.

Clutching at straws here. I'm as deflated as I could possibly be. 

Haven't the heart to tell my lad. I'll tell him in the morning and let him dream. 

Yes, let’s cheat as well!

City’s trophies will always have an asterisk next to them, unfortunately we are the team that lost out to this PR drive.

It’s shit, but it’s symbolic of the wider cultural and political quagmire we live in. They are not ‘Manchester City’ anymore, they are Abu Dhabi charm offensive FC and until they serve no purpose they’re going to dominate...

We just have to hope we can keep up with the exceptional leadership we have here.

Guest Alex_K

The real devastation here is the Barca result. It's tough but not surprising to see a billion pound squad managed by a record-setting manager with a questionable past put together a run of wins against dirge when it was out of our hands for months. To play how we did at the Nou Camp however and find ourselves out of the tie after the first leg is gut wrenching. The European Cup was the trophy that was still in our own hands.

5 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Lads, our season is to be praised, applauded and admired, not to be full of regret and remorse. The simple fact is, is that we are here to stay, we're not a one season shot from the dark like seasons past, this squad and this managerial team are here to stay and next season, we'll be hitting the same heights again.

I get the points tally and the single loss hurts, but we'll be hitting those heights again next season, I don't just feel it, I know it.

Celebrate and get into town after the match on Sunday, no moping into pints, this season, our team and our club is to be rejoiced and sung loud and proud about. Leave the bitterness and regret to the shite across the park. 

I admire the optimism, but how are we going to compete? Nobody can consistently match the stupid standards City set without spending the same billions they do.

This felt like a one-off year where loads of things went our way when they needed to and it still wasn't enough. We might be a great side but it's going to be so hard to match this season again. Horrible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LFC 5 Times said:

I’m absolutely distraught, can’t actually believe what we’ve done this year won’t be goof enough.

I’m not distraught because context means a lot. This is in many ways more meaningful than a title, because it’s a fucking remarkable season. You can’t be expected to outpace a team with infinite resources and no consequences over the course of a season. I don’t think the players will be as crushed as a lot of fans are, I think they’ll see a fantastic achievement for what it is.

8 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

English football is ruined. One defeat all season and it's still not enough. 94 points and we end up with fuck all and it's all been for nothing.  

Agreed, it's a complete mess. Fuck oil clubs and fuck oil. Will watch football when I'm bored and can be bothered now, not watching regularly again when it's like this.

Middle East oil money has fucked this league and it's fucked the French league too. And UEFA don't give a shit.

Pinning hopes on Brighton for the last game because we still haven't won when we're 23 points past the team below us? Sick of it.