You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can't see us hitting the same points total again in the league next season.    A normal club needs an insane amount of luck and rub of the green to hit this many points. 

Klopp will undoubtedly improve the squad again and take us into the latter stages of the champions League again.   Just need to keep our own shit in order and hope this city side falls apart at some point, somehow. 

Hopefully Leicester or Burnley pull off a shock and we can capitalise on what will be possibly the most unlikely league win in history.   Sure Leicester was a shock winner but everyone was brutal,  really bad.   If you were told City ended on 95-96 points at the start of the season,  then that's their title.   The notion that anyone else would hit 97 would be a joke. 

Sadly, it's looking like we need Brendan fucking Rodgers to stop us from being on the wrong side of that joke. 

I just hope we stick with Klopp through sun and rain cause he's the reason we are were we are,  smashing our record points total and in a second consecutive cl semi. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's not just that. 

Their opponents generally have to make do with their chess set if they end up buying a shitty one, whereas City can keep on shelling out on expensive chess sets until they get the right one. 

It's not just the money spent on their current squad, it's that they can constantly get transfers a bit wrong and then just go out and buy again. £7m on an American keeper next to nobody has heard of. £11m on wingers who play one game for them then get loaned out. £80m on a defender, a midfielder and a striker who flopped. £45m on Negredo and Jovetic. £30m plus combined on Javi Garcia and Jack Rodwell. 

Other teams can spend big too. But they usually have to get most deals right, otherwise they get moved on at a loss and the ability to keep on buying for huge sums diminishes. That's where City have the advantage. A constant stream of cash to chuck at any problem areas. It might not have been on here, but I remember being pessimistic when they first qualified for the Champions League. That ability to attract higher profile players, plus their endless wealth was the turning point which made them a force to be reckoned with. 

Anyway, I digress. There's 3 games to go. Still plenty of opportunity for an unexpected twist. They're clear favourites now. We can only do one thing - keep the pressure on and see what happens. 

I had exactly the same thought earlier today and went to Transfermarkt to refresh my memory. We've been massively held back by our (many) mistakes in the transfer market, whereas City just throw more cash at the problem, with complete disdain for FFP.

Us - and Spurs - have done fantastic jobs in putting together competitive teams whilst living within our means and managing to stay close to a club for whom money is no object (and rules are no constraint).

Here are some of the players who were flops and/or they lost a bundle of money on (in/out valuations as per Transfermarkt).....

Robinho (£38m/16m)

Roque Santa Cruz (19/0)

Lescott (25/0)

Jo (22/0)

De Jong (16/3)

Adebayor (26/5.7)

Savic (10/0)

Nastasic (13.8/8)

Tevez (26/8)

Jesus Nava (18/0)

Jovetic (23.4/12)

Bony (29/11)

Mangala (27.5/0)

Fernando (13.5/5)

Nolito (16/6)

(This doesn't exclude the likes of Negredo, Rodwell or Garcia as City got a fair chunk of their money back)

This has been an utterly unbelievable season for us - 27 wins and one defeat ,which was mainly down to bad luck (11mm) and bad refereeing. We're miles ahead of all of our normal rivals, but we're just massively unlucky to be competing against an outstanding team - which has such strength in depth it can excel without somebody like de Bruyne for most of the season - owned by the wealthiest club in the history of football.

• Upvote 1

Three games to go I would suggest Brendan "I like me who do you like?" Is close to a narcissistic ejaculation at the prospect of facing up to city. Much as I dislike his character I would predict his team will not be a devoid of attacking ideas as that shower last night. It could well be that tramp vardy who exposes kompany. 

Given a choice of any manager in the league to put a plan together to expose City I would choose Rodgers. Rafa would be the obvious choice but his team isn't equipped to take on City away.

Brendan and his ego will be spending every waken hour thinking how he can win the league.

I’d completely forgotten Brendan was Klopp’s landlord! He’s just mentioned it on camera to sky with a big grin!! The reporter jokingly said he could withhold his rent, and Jürgen said something like ‘ooh could I? We can’t do that in Germany ‘

• Upvote 1

Burnley and Brighton will get cunted. They have absolutely no way to hurt City bar a set-piece and in all likelihood they won't have the ball enough to even have a decent opportunity.

Leicester is the only hope because they have the pace and skill up front to expose them on the counter, especially if Fernandinho is out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Burnley and Brighton will get cunted. They have absolutely no way to hurt City bar a set-piece and in all likelihood they won't have the ball enough to even have a decent opportunity.

Leicester is the only hope because they have the pace and skill up front to expose them on the counter, especially if Fernandinho is out.

I see Leicester scoring. However, i think brendan will try to out Pep Pep. The only team that can go toe to toe with city is us. I feel they will lose by a few. Don't get me wrong they have some good players, but not the quality to go there and beat them.

My feeling is that Burnley and to a lesser extent Brighton have a good structure with limited players who know their roles. There is a reason they are where they are. However, if they go a goal up, neither will make it easy for City. Sean Dyche would love to be the one to stop Pep because he loves a good scalp and their fans will be psyched up for it. The problem with city is that they always score first and then exploit gaps.

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I see Leicester scoring. However, i think brendan will try to out Pep Pep. The only team that can go toe to toe with city is us. I feel they will lose by a few. Don't get me wrong they have some good players, but not the quality to go there and beat them.

My feeling is that Burnley and to a lesser extent Brighton have a good structure with limited players who know their roles. There is a reason they are where they are. However, if they go a goal up, neither will make it easy for City. Sean Dyche would love to be the one to stop Pep because he loves a good scalp and their fans will be psyched up for it. The problem with city is that they always score first and then exploit gaps.

Lets hope so. The probem is, City have already played Burnley and Brighton four times this year and Burnley and Brighton have scored exactly zero goals between them (13-0). Burnley did score 3 against us, and indeed took the lead each time but ended up losing both games by a clear two-goal margin. 

Brighton are yet to score once against the top 2 after 4 games (5-0, so at least they can defend) and have not found the back of the net in seven games now against anybody.

23 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Lets hope so. The probem is, City have already played Burnley and Brighton four times this year and Burnley and Brighton have scored exactly zero goals between them (13-0). Burnley did score 3 against us, and indeed took the lead each time but ended up losing both games by a clear two-goal margin. 

Brighton are yet to score once against the top 2 after 4 games (5-0, so at least they can defend) and have not found the back of the net in seven games now against anybody.

Great, so they're clearly due a goal and a result against a top two side. Game on.

10 minutes ago, Einch said:

I’ll clutch at the very last straw until it’s done. 

They'll take my clutched straws from my cold dead hands.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I quite like Duffy and Dunk. I mean i wouldn't like them here or anything but they are decent solid defenders. Both can be clumsy like our Dejan so that would be a concern against an attack as brilliant as city, but i rate them higher than united's centre halves. At least, brighton and burnley will stick together and be disciplined unlike United with their more celebrated players.

Genuinely feel Cardiff gave us more of a game than United gave City. The laughable thing if it was funny is that United did their best last night.

I’ve no doubt that Dyche will have Burnley up for this - whether or not it’s enough to take points off them is anyone’s guess.Its the least you expect off a Premier League team but I’ve no doubt Burnley won’t make it as easy for City as teams like Bournemouth and Palace have in the past few months. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

I’ve no doubt that Dyche will have Burnley up for this - whether or not it’s enough to take points off them is anyone’s guess.Its the least you expect off a Premier League team but I’ve no doubt Burnley won’t make it as easy for City as teams like Bournemouth and Palace have in the past few months. 

Yeah dyche isn't there to shine the shoes of the top managers. The Owl and Howe would be desperate for a few minutes of Pep's time and see if they could take a young talent on loan. Dyche and his Orcs are like some warlike dwarf tribe in a tolkein novel that will have a go at anyone. I went on their forum and their fans seem like a decent lot.

• Upvote 2