You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What makes me laugh is that fans of these Manc clubs put words on the boards about how we are thinking and how gutted we are, bottlers etc when in the majority this couldnt be further from the truth. They think they have a handle on what we are thinking.

There was a sense of inevitability about last night. Even with cheat mode switched on, they have had to pass the significant tests, which they have done. It probably is all over, and I have made my peace with that in that it will not be a crushing disappointment.

We always seem better with chasing then being chased, and the crowing and wanking off elsewhere last night may be a tad premature.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

As brilliant as we have been this season I've no doubt Klopp will strengthen in the summer and hopefully that little bit of improvement might just get us over the line next season should the inevitable happen this year.  I don't really see how City can improve on what they already have but I think we can , but heres hoping they still drop points anyway. 

The question is can we reproduce what we have done, because it looks like this is the level required now...a level previously unseen where nigh on 100 pts is what you need to win title....

We have put together a once in a generation season - an incredible effort that i am sure hardly any of us believed we could do and be this consistent, win this many games and get this many points - and it may very well not be enough.

A season even we have never really seen in terms of pts even with our glorious history.

We have been terrific....we have also done for example well to avoid injuries to front 3 given the non existent cover for them.

The worry is are we likely to level at normal title winning type form in next few years (which is nothing to be ashamed of, it is boss that we could have a team who get 80 odd plus pts year on year, the titles would be coming regularly in any other time).....but these cunts we are chasing have the bar at 100 to win it - an obscene level, unheard of......can we expect reasonably to be able to stay with that ridiculous new level?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

The question is can we reproduce what we have done, because it looks like this is the level required now...a level previously unseen where nigh on 100 pts is what you need to win title....

We have put together a once in a generation season - an incredible effort that i am sure hardly any of us believed we could do and be this consistent, win this many games and get this many points - and it may very well not be enough.

A season even we have never really seen in terms of pts even with our glorious history.

We have been terrific....we have also done for example well to avoid injuries to front 3 given the non existent cover for them.

The worry is are we likely to level at normal title winning type form in next few years (which is nothing to be ashamed of, it is boss that we could have a team who get 80 odd plus pts year on year, the titles would be coming regularly in any other time).....but these cunts we are chasing have the bar at 100 to win it - an obscene level, unheard of......can we expect reasonably to be able to stay with that ridiculous new level?

Klopp has a proven track record of getting teams to go again look at his record at Mainz if my memory serves me right he got them up at the 3rd time of asking after two massive kick in the teeth experiences. 

His record here is one that he's improved us season upon season if anyone can deliver number 19 it's this genius .

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Klopp has a proven track record of getting teams to go again look at his record at Mainz if my memory serves me right he got them up at the 3rd time of asking after two massive kick in the teeth experiences. 

His record here is one that he's improved us season upon season if anyone can deliver number 19 it's this genius .

I am in no way questioning Klopp and his ability - my question is about the size of the ask.

We have moved into new territory here now where to win the league you basically need to get 100 pts and be virtually perfect all season - it is an insane level that no title winning teams in history here have had to reach before and i find it hard to see how we can continue to chase it.

Even Arsenal's invincible team only got 90 pts and in doing so won title by 11 pts.

Bar is at a stupid level now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, an tha said:

I am in no way questioning Klopp and his ability - my question is about the size of the ask.

Wr have moved into new territory here now where to win the league you basically need to get 100 pts and be virtually perfect all season - it is an insane level that no title winning teams in history here have had to reach before and i find it hard to see how we can continue to chase it.

Even Arsenal's invincible team only got 90 pts and in doing so won title by 11 pts.

Bar is at a stupid level now.

Totally agree with what you say I doubt anyone on here is doubting Klopps ability if they are then they really are brain dead .

Can he get us to this level again I believe he will  if he can't no one can. 

Maybe the football authorities here and in Europe should make clubs like City, maybe follow the rules, fines and transfer bans won’t hurt them, they have so much money and so many top players. People say docking points would make it a hollow victory for us, err no, it makes it just, as we follow the financial rules.

I think you’re correct. I think City will spend further to address some of their ‘weaker’ seconds, and great players will sit on the bench as long as the money comes in and they get enough games to get a medal. It is raising the bar to an almost impossible level to compete against over a 38 game season. It’s a virtually unprecedented set of circumstances regarding ownership. Not just here, but other leagues as well. France springs to mind.

4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Totally agree with what you say I doubt anyone on here is doubting Klopps ability if they are then they really are brain dead .

Can he get us to this level again I believe he will  if he can't no one can. 

Let's hope so.

Dreading this summer - Salah and Mane away at AFCON shite - does not finish until 19th July, they'll be slogging guts out in boling hot weather on slagheap pitches.

I believe there is a Copa America too.

Can see both those having a really disruptive effect on our pre-season and early season availability/form.

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Yeah, City's two toughest remaining league games are out of the way and all of a sudden he's pretty much cock-a-hoop... 

I'm not cock a hoop at all, maybe I've calmed down a bit in my old age, gone a bit Zen, and the pressure is off us now that City have only got three easy games left! It's theirs to lose, we just have to keep winning!

Just now, Kevin D said:

I hope people on here have learned a valuable lesson about wanting Man Utd to win a match.

Yeh should we have been right behind City last night ?   The lesson for me is I have found some extra hate that I didn't think existed for the Salford boys.

• Upvote 1

I normally don't go on other fans' forums so when I went on this Burnley site I was actually expecting to see a load of anti-Scouse rhetoric that others have become accustomed to, and talk of dilemmas against City, etc. But fair dues, they just seem like fans who want their team to win its next game of football. http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?style=2&f=2&t=38599

14 minutes ago, No2 said:

We should give Harry Wilson on loan for free for 1 year to whichever team takes points off city, if they beat them they get Moreno for keeps, FOC. Alternatively we can offer Lalanna at 70% of marked price.

Not sure the Moreno offer will do the trick somehow 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, John102 said:

Its like playing chess against a Grand Master and you have to start with 16 pawns

It's not just that. 

Their opponents generally have to make do with their chess set if they end up buying a shitty one, whereas City can keep on shelling out on expensive chess sets until they get the right one. 

It's not just the money spent on their current squad, it's that they can constantly get transfers a bit wrong and then just go out and buy again. £7m on an American keeper next to nobody has heard of. £11m on wingers who play one game for them then get loaned out. £80m on a defender, a midfielder and a striker who flopped. £45m on Negredo and Jovetic. £30m plus combined on Javi Garcia and Jack Rodwell. 

Other teams can spend big too. But they usually have to get most deals right, otherwise they get moved on at a loss and the ability to keep on buying for huge sums diminishes. That's where City have the advantage. A constant stream of cash to chuck at any problem areas. It might not have been on here, but I remember being pessimistic when they first qualified for the Champions League. That ability to attract higher profile players, plus their endless wealth was the turning point which made them a force to be reckoned with. 

Anyway, I digress. There's 3 games to go. Still plenty of opportunity for an unexpected twist. They're clear favourites now. We can only do one thing - keep the pressure on and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Exactly, it's been a gradual rebuild, but he's improved us every single season, we are barely recognisable from the team we were just 2 years ago. I don't think we've even reached our peak yet. 

I honestly cannot contain my excitement for what's going to come next season, because if we carry on this upward trajectory then it's going to blow people's minds. 

• Upvote 1

Would I rather us be out of a title race by November or shitting bricks and right in it up to May, difficult one that. Not to mention still in the champions league. 

These are the days as fans most dream of, sure those dreams usually involve a trophy but you can’t keep improving and playing as we do and dodge trophies for long. 

42 minutes ago, 1001000 said:

Would I rather us be out of a title race by November or shitting bricks and right in it up to May, difficult one that. Not to mention still in the champions league. 

These are the days as fans most dream of, sure those dreams usually involve a trophy but you can’t keep improving and playing as we do and dodge trophies for long. 

The Champions League run has been enjoyable and a welcome distraction from the Premier League.

I haven't enjoyed the title race one bit.  Watching our lead evaporate and then finding one shitty solitary point almost impossible to claw back - not fun.