You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

26 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Chirped up a bit now have you. Fucking weirdo

Why am I a weirdo? Yeah, I'm the arch pessimist, but we can't worry about City and what they spend, or half-assed accusations of doping! We need to win our last 3 games, if it's enough great, if not meh!

I am desperate for us to win the league, I was in my early teens when we last did and I'm in my mid-40's now, and as much as I hate modern football I would lose the plot if it finally happened. But I want us to win it on the pitch, not in a courtroom or some sort of FA or WADA tribunal!

• Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why am I a weirdo? Yeah, I'm the arch pessimist, but we can't worry about City and what they spend, or half-assed accusations of doping! We need to win our last 3 games, if it's enough great, if not meh!

I am desperate for us to win the league, I was in my early teens when we last did and I'm in my mid-40's now, and as much as I hate modern football I would lose the plot if it finally happened. But I want us to win it on the pitch, not in a courtroom or some sort of FA or WADA tribunal!

Just fuck off

Burnley will make it tough for them but city should win 0-2. Two second half goals. 

Leicester will be very open and lose 5-1.

Brighton have a bit of structure and discipline despite being down so low in the league. They have no firepower though bar a 36 year old glen murray. City will score just before half time and late on to win 0-2.

We will be pushed by newcastle but win our three games.

Hope i'm wrong and i won't stop believing until it's done. I just don't see this city team dropping points. They are a machine. My only hope is sean dyche and his merry band of orcs who love being up against it.

• Upvote 1

If we don't win it I have no complaints about our season. Yes we could have won some games that we drew etc but we've shown immense character this season, mental strength that I haven't seen from  Liverpool team for years. We've played fantastic football and have been immense defensively, couldn't imagine teams from 7/8 years ago doing what we are doing now. Unfortunately we are up against a club who had about 5 years head start on us to build a squad and improve on it every year whilst building a winning mentality.

We aren't bottlers, far from it and we are the only ones in the next few years who are going to challenge these cunts. If it wasn't for us the league would be like Ligue 1 or Serie A.

The Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea are all in disarray.  We need to put some daylight between us and them, Spurs will be strong but may lose their manager in the next few years. We have a good base to get even stronger and the experience of a very mentally challenging title race. 

Oh, and fuck those no mark blues who treat our failures as their success. They can still talk about their imaginary stadium in 7 years time.

• Upvote 5

Part of me thinks, if only they had conceded first against spurs or utd they may have capitulated, but it was not to be. I fancy them to drop points against Burnely and / or leister. If they think they have won it already they are fucked.  No doubt they are a very good team, but so are we. We battle on and we win this on the last game of the season. a twist will happen.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RoboRiise said:

Fuck it, let's just kick Barca in the cunt and win the Champion's League instead.

If we lift the European Cup - what would have been the jewel in their potential quadruple crown - I'd imagine that would absolutely boil their, and especially Guardiola's piss.

Even should they pip us to the League.

We have to stay positive, twat Huddersfield.

And I have to keep reminding myself we can win the European Cup.

(And maybe the League)

I did leave the game on last night just to see Roy Keane, he was so funny, didn’t pull any punches.

Dreading reading some social media this morning but most aren’t laughing at us for us change but at the mancs.

As others have said we’ve been magnificent this season, there may be a twist yet.

Hell of a season if we are a close second and CL winners.

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

In order to win a league now because of city you need to have a near perfect season. To get 97 points push yourselves so hard and end up with nothing is a bitter pill. The standard being set that city might normalize is ridiculous. 

All very true, irrespective of where we finish this season we're now very close to the required level however high that is. It's a very positive season however it plays out. If we handle the upcoming transfer window well and we should there's no reason why we're not at that level next season and for several seasons to come. I don't see anyone else in the next couple of seasons getting close to either us or City.

Wishful thinking but I still think there might be a twist to unfold this season.

33 minutes ago, Special K said:

I completely ignored the game last night. Only just seen the goals. How much did City bribe de Gea for those goals?

Unfortunately he's having whatever the opposite of a "purple patch" is. A "brown patch" maybe? He's turned to utter shite for a couple of months now. Still think he's a worldie of a keeper but maybe he's just checked out already, waiting for his summer transfer.

As brilliant as we have been this season I've no doubt Klopp will strengthen in the summer and hopefully that little bit of improvement might just get us over the line next season should the inevitable happen this year.  I don't really see how City can improve on what they already have but I think we can , but heres hoping they still drop points anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1