You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

7 draws this season.

I’d have taken 3 wins and 4 losses, and the season would be ours.

We are on for 95 points, which is an amazing tally. We can critique certain games and swap results around but there's not much more that we can do.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

That’s why I’d rest players for the league games, starting with Huddersfield a game which, frankly, we should be able to win with five or six changes. If City somehow cock up against Burnley, we go full strength again for Newcastle.

We'll play Div, Keita and maybe even Lallana and Shaqiri against Huddersfield. If it ain't working we bring on the big boys, simple.

No need to make massive changes, just rotate a little bit

1 minute ago, kemskem said:

We could have dropped points after that. The way we've dug in and won every game since has made up for that.

no i agree im really proud of the way we have played we  have had an amazing season we just got abit lost for a few games after christmas its a shame but thats football 

We cannot start claiming we threw it away or bottled it if we get to 97 and don't win it! 97 will then be the 3rd highest ever total achieved in history, the only 2 above would be city this year and last. 

We'd have all sold our first born to get to 97 points. 

It's just our luck that we're up against the most financially doped team ever created who just so happen to have a brilliant manager. 

I cant see us matching this seasons points tally again if im honest. That may be ultra negative but there you go.

How do you compete (regularly), with a team who has that squad depth, over the course of 38 games.

We are possibly going to lose the league due to the amount of draws we have. Tonight is a perfect example of why City are so hard to compete with and are unlikely to ever see so many draws. If a game is drifting, they have so many players, who are quality, to come on and change it. Tonight was Sane, changing a draw into a win, We dont have that depth, nobody does really, and its all down to money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

I cant see us matching this seasons points tally again if im honest. That may be ultra negative but there you go.

How do you compete (regularly), with a team who has that squad depth, over the course of 38 games.

We are possibly going to lose the league due to the amount of draws we have. Tonight is a perfect example of why City are so hard to compete with and are unlikely to ever see so many draws. If a game is drifting, they have so many players, who are quality, to come on and change it. Tonight was Sane, changing a draw into a win, We dont have that depth, nobody does really, and its all down to money.

The Shaq Attack turned it against Utd. That’s why we bought him. We just haven’t needed to use him lately, but now’s the time to do it, as stated up the thread.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

What's he saying? Neville and Tyler had a complete allegiance change tonight. Pair of blerts.

Him and Souness took him to pieces for defending United's defending for the goals. Keane was funny as fuck he was fuming

20 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah, definitely just a big coincidence that both Barcelona and City were fined for whereabouts offences under the same manager's rule, a manager who tested positive for nandrolone as a player at Brescia and claimed he’d only taken “multivitamins” prescribed by his doctor who happened to follow him to Barcelona.

So now the FA, Qatar, the Premier League, UEFA, FIFA et al are colluding to make sure that City beat us to the title?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

We cannot start claiming we threw it away or bottled it if we get to 97 and don't win it! 97 will then be the 3rd highest ever total achieved in history, the only 2 above would be city this year and last. 

We'd have all sold our first born to get to 97 points. 

It's just our luck that we're up against the most financially doped team ever created who just so happen to have a brilliant manager.  

Objectively I know you're right.  If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd be looking to finish on or around 97 points I've had said you were mad.  If you'd told me that we'd finish second with that though, I'd have thought you were absolutely batshit crazy.

Truthfully though, being so close, after a season like the one we've had and still not bagging the title, if that's what happens, feels worse to me than finishing in fifth 20 points off the top because unlike when that happens, it's so fucking close this season I can taste it.

I'd also love to be a big enough man to say that City are only responsible for buying their players and it's the FA and UEFA's job to worry about the rules but honestly, I'm not - that fucking blows too.  As others have said, when you look at a £200m bench you do start to wonder just what the fuck you have to do.

No surprise that United rolled over tonight, they've been shite ever since Solskjaer got the gig permanently.

Fuck it, let's just kick Barca in the cunt and win the Champion's League instead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Claudio Bravo

Danilo

Stones 

Otamendi

Mendy

Delph

Foden

De Bruyne

Sane

Gabriel Jesus

Mahrez

The cheating cunts have got two first teams against clubs who have a first XI then a handful of other decent players. 

It is kinda cheating? No? 

Its like playing chess against a Grand Master and you have to start with 16 pawns

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Yeah, they won it 10 years straight, but never apart from that, what happened in the other 30 odd years East Germany existed?

My point is that the east German authorities at that time decided Dynamo were the club for them and bought/gave  all the best players, trainers, environs and equipment. Part of the rationale was to create success at a European level to launder their reputation (sound familiar?). 

Just have a look at the most successful companies globally today world wide and throughout history, the number that have state backing is pretty considerable.