You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

It was lost when we lost at the Etihad. 

nah to be fair  it was lost when we threw away  a 7 point lead even when it was cut to 4 points we still fluffed ours lines 

2 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Aye, but this is a nation state we are playing, it's like Franco's Real Madrid or Dynamo Berlin in the Oberliga.

Doesn't matter, Barcelona still won La Liga when Franco was in charge, and I'm fairly certain Dynamo didn't win the East German title every year! We just have to man up, keep winning and fuck up less in future. I can think of at least three winnable games we drew after the City defeat and the pressure got to us, need to learn from that!

Anyway let's try and win the rest of our games, if the cunts beat us despite that, C'est La Vie!

• Upvote 1

It's a big win for them. 

But, we've just got to keep the pressure on them. Keep winning. And, while it's getting more and more unlikely as their more difficult games pass without dropped points, just hope and cross everything that they balls up just once. 

I'm close to saying we aren't going to do it, but you've got to keep on hoping. It ain't (quite) over yet. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Doesn't matter, Barcelona still won La Liga when Franco was in charge, and I'm fairly certain Dynamo didn't win the East German title every year! We just have to man up, keep winning and fuck up less in future. I can think of at least three winnable games we drew after the City defeat and the pressure got to us, need to learn from that!

Anyway let's try and win the rest of our games, if the cunts beat us despite that, C'est La Vie!

Aye good luck with that.

De Bruyne injured, Fernandinho injured, still able to bring on Sane.

Dynamo.JPG

Guest Alex_K
5 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I thought he had already had a brush with this stuff and given the linkage through the years between European success and performance enhancing drugs I wouldn't be surprised.

Even shanks used them earlier in his career.

Many would say its farcical to suggest it of course etc. ... well I'm sure in the 90s it was considered farcical for Juve to be dabbling in such things.. before their club doctor was sent to prison that is and EPO was found to be pretty rife throughout the squad ...

Truth told we could easily be 6 to 10 points behind City. The Pickford gift, the Tottenham gift .. don't get me wrong, we earn our own luck and I'm not using this as a stick to beat us with, simply to highlight how absolutely absurd Man City have been that they've hardly looked like dropping a point .. even when they have dropped points with the only shots they've concede in a whole game. They're good like .. but their standard over the past 75 odd games smacks of Maradona lining up alongside Beckenbauer sort of good .. its unfathomable

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fucking hell, is this GOT? FFP, accusations of doping, give it a rest folks!

Yeah, definitely just a big coincidence that both Barcelona and City were fined for whereabouts offences under the same manager's rule, a manager who tested positive for nandrolone as a player at Brescia and claimed he’d only taken “multivitamins” prescribed by his doctor who happened to follow him to Barcelona.

We’re in this until the maths say otherwise.

As for United - seeing Arsenal 3-0 down at half time went against us - they decided they could ‘have it all’ at half time - beat Arsenal to top four, and keep their 2 championship win gap to us while they rebuild the next couple of seasons, by letting City win.

in summary: we fail at number 19, united buy time to get stronger but sneak top four because of the Gunners self implosion.

Meh. I'm not about to pick the bones out of a season that is on track to top virtually anything ever seen in England, aside from City last season and what they've compiled thus far in this one. 

Oh, and unlike City, the reds still have a CL semi-final to play. But hey, knock yourselves out. 

1 minute ago, andyj said:

my only concern is chasing something we have no control over will fuck up the 1 things we can win and have total control over 

That’s why I’d rest players for the league games, starting with Huddersfield a game which, frankly, we should be able to win with five or six changes. If City somehow cock up against Burnley, we go full strength again for Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

We’re in this until the maths say otherwise.

As for United - seeing Arsenal 3-0 down at half time went against us - they decided they could ‘have it all’ at half time - beat Arsenal to top four, and keep their 2 championship win gap to us while they rebuild the next couple of seasons, by letting City win.

in summary: we fail at number 19, united buy time to get stronger but sneak top four because of the Gunners self implosion.

Man U will not finish in the top four.

16 minutes ago, andyj said:

nah to be fair  it was lost when we threw away  a 7 point lead even when it was cut to 4 points we still fluffed ours lines 

We could have dropped points after that. The way we've dug in and won every game since has made up for that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, andyj said:

7 draws this season.

I’d have taken 3 wins and 4 losses, and the season would be ours.

• Upvote 1