You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Imagine singing Sign on, calling us thieves  dippers and painting Liverpool as a slum city when living in Manchester with their crime and unemployment rate.

I thought the same thing. I was in Manchester the other day, overheard a conversation about football along the lines of not wanting those scruffy Scouse bindippers winning the title. Pretty standard, I hear it a lot I suppose.

A couple if hours later I was sat in maccies and a tramp comes stumbling over spiced off his face asking me for money, I politely tell him I don't have any change, he then asks if he can have my sons fries out of his happy meal. I was a lot less polite with my reply to that one. 

A bit later I was walking down the street and there was another tramp spiced off his face again, lying down in front of a wall with a big fancy mural, there was a young tourist couple with the lad trying his best to get a picture of the girl posing in front of this mural while cutting the tramp out of the frame, didn't seem like he was having much luck. He bravely goes over to ask the zombie tramp to move, and the tramp goes fucking ballistic, spitting and screaming at the lad and girl, I was pissing myself at the whole scene. Felt like some interesting social commentary happening right in front of me. Caring more about your Instagram picture than the welfare of another human being. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I thought the same thing. I was in Manchester the other day, overheard a conversation about football along the lines of not wanting those scruffy Scouse bindippers winning the title. Pretty standard, I hear it a lot I suppose.

A couple if hours later I was sat in maccies and a tramp comes stumbling over spiced off his face asking me for money, I politely tell him I don't have any change, he then asks if he can have my sons fries out of his happy meal. I was a lot less polite with my reply to that one. 

A bit later I was walking down the street and there was another tramp spiced off his face again, lying down in front of a wall with a big fancy mural, there was a young tourist couple with the lad trying his best to get a picture of the girl posing in front of this mural while cutting the tramp out of the frame, didn't seem like he was having much luck. He bravely goes over to ask the zombie tramp to move, and the tramp goes fucking ballistic, spitting and screaming at the lad and girl, I was pissing myself at the whole scene. Felt like some interesting social commentary happening right in front of me. Caring more about your Instagram picture than the welfare of another human being. 

Haha. Far more junkies on the streets in Manchester than Liverpool. Used to walk towards the arndale from piccadilly gardens when I worked there on my dinner and it was like the fucking Thriller video everyday. 

26 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Did your son have ketchup, mustard and onions on his burger?

Always makes me smile when I think of the time my younger brother went out for the day with his mate’s family and they took him to Maccies. He came back absolutely fuming, complaining about his little mate being being a complete fanny. They made him have a plain burger with nothing on it at all, just bread and meat, because that was all their lad liked.