You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cant wait for that cunt Ashley to leave Newcastle. Had a soft spot for them since the early 90's. My Dad had a mate from Newcastle who gave me a video of their 1st division season when they won it and came up. Also loved them when they nearly beat UTD to the title. What a side they had in 96. Bottled it as we know but fuck me they were great to watch. Massive club just badly ran. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Watching Barca v Sociedad hoping Messi fucks his hamstring. 

Ter Stegen is Mignolet-esque 

2nd time i have watched them on ITV4. They dont look anything special.

They have just scored a second, but will post that anyway

7 hours ago, aws said:

I don't think the team in 5th ever gets a CL spot. 

Anyone else?

7 hours ago, Code said:

If we win the CL, either Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League and the top four will be us, City, Arsenal and Chelsea, will the team in 5th get a CL spot?

Think that they only changed the rules after we won it but finished out of the top 4 in 2005. 

Sevilla beat us in 2016 but finished 4th in La Liga and only 4 teams from Spain entered the Champions League. 

I think if the scenario you have posted happens then only 4 teams qualify. I don't think there's any rule in place that will allow a CL place to be passed on to the fifth placed team, especially as only recently they let all 4 teams from the PL to go straight into the group stages.

3 hours ago, DimReaper said:

No, the fifth team doesn't get in. Only way there can be five teams is if Spurs win the CL and finish outside top 4 

Europa winners get a CL place too.

If the winners of the Europa and the Champions League both finish outside of the top 4 then only the top 3 will qualify, with the 2 other places going to the Cup winners. 

I would say it would be funny for United to finish 4th and then lose their place, but that would require Tottenham winning the cup, and that isn't so funny. 

8 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Barcelona are crap. We're going to fucking batter them. We'll be three nil up after 20 minutes. 

9 hours ago, John102 said:

2nd time i have watched them on ITV4. They dont look anything special.

They have just scored a second, but will post that anyway

9 hours ago, Baltar said:

Love Messi but hope he gets injured that'll rule him out of our tie. They have no chance without him. None whatsoever.

We've established that Jons know fuck all, whats your excuse Baltar?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Stickman said:

How the fuck is that horrible cunt Bernado Silva up for you player of the year, he looks about 35

He qualifies by about two days. You have to be 23 at the start of the season. They should though check his birth certificate.

Sterling will win the main award due to his stance on racism. 

On that list, only Virgil has been consistently world class?

Everyone else blows hot and cold. Mané's been blowing hot for most of it though. 

What has Aguero done? Salah has the same number of goals, but Mo has fuck all  penalties. 

1 hour ago, Lario said:

Sterling will win the main award due to his stance on racism. 

On that list, only Virgil has been consistently world class?

Everyone else blows hot and cold. Mané's been blowing hot for most of it though. 

What has Aguero done? Salah has the same number of goals, but Mo has fuck all  penalties. 

I think if his stance on racism is a factor the award will mean less to him.