You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

With Sissoko out(probably) hopefully Winks(if not at least Dier)(and  will be fit for Saturday.

When they started with Son up top and Lucas and Ali behind they caused no end of problems for City, once Sissoko went off for Llorente City just pushed up and took control. If they can get Winks in there with Eriksen and Wanyama they look much better

• Upvote 1

Some of you have built a no wIn situation in your own minds about last night. 

Had City won in a last gasp fashion you’d be banging on about them being fired up by the win and Spurs deflated and likely to be smashed on Saturday. Because it’s the opposite you’re building a narrative that City will be hell bent on revenge. Of course, given how the loss to City knocked us in January, and the way they lost last night, it may give their confidence a bad knock and they may be emotionally drained.

I know you want to protect yourselves against hurt, but the truth is none of us know how it will play out. We can’t control what City do, so my personal view is let’s concentrate on ourselves and the chips will fall where they may, and we should enjoy us for what we are doing. I beseech you, good burghers of the FF - come along for the ride.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 25

One Arse fan taking last night badly.

Lads, we're 3 games away from Armageddon. Of course Ajax have been underestimated before, and beaten better teams than Sp*rs, but it's not unrealistic that Sp*rs will beat them. Then it's a one-off game in a final. F*ck.

Let's be clear, getting into the top 4, even winning the Europa League, I couldn't give a flying f*ck, if Sp*rs win the CL my life, and all our lives, are over.

To conclude, f*c

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City will be hell bent of revenge on Saturday. Is it wrong that id rather of faced city in a champions league final if we make it than I would spurs.

Nope, same. Not only for the league implications but because we’ve beaten Spurs twice this season. It’s unlikely any top team is defeating another three times in the same season.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Had City won in a last gasp fashion you’d be banging on about them being fired up by the win and Spurs deflated and likely to be smashed on Saturday. Because it’s the opposite you’re building a narrative that City will be hell bent on revenge. Of course, given how the loss to City knocked us in January, and the way they lost last night, it may give their confidence a bad knock and they may be emotionally drained.

I know you want to protect yourselves against hurt, but the truth is none of us know how it will play out. We can’t control what City do, so my personal view is let’s concentrate on ourselves and the chips will fall where they may, and we should enjoy us for what we are doing. I beseech you, good burghers of the FF - come along for the ride.

Agree with all the above. It's been an incredible season and the start of something incredible - this isn't a make or break season, it's been a project that's been improving year on year. We've not fully seen the full capabilities of Fabinho or Keita and have played almost an entire season without the likes of AOC or Gomez. We've lost one game all season, one and we've not conceded more than 3 goals in a game - most have struggled to even get more than 1 against us. 

We got to the final of the CL last season, we're talking about a title challenge this season along with the semi-finals of the CL. Fucking hell, I mean we were cryarsing about getting into the top four just to attract better quality players a few seasons back. We're in a fucking brilliance space right now and it's sustainable. Is that not what we wanted a few seasons back? Long may it continue, keep being there or there abouts and we'll start winning trophies on a regular basis. There's a reason nobody wants us to win the title/CL and it's not because they just don't like us. It's because if we do, we'll likely do it again and nobody wants us up there improving season on season.

Personally I'm devastated about last night. I wanted us to pip the title on the last day and twat them 4-0 in the CL final. "Sadiooooooooooo".

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Nope, same. Not only for the league implications but because we’ve beaten Spurs twice this season. It’s unlikely any top team is defeating another three times in the same season.

Apart from when we beat City three times last season....

Wasn't sure who I wanted to win last night, part of me thought if Spurs knocked City out then no way are they winning Saturday but I must admit I was made up when Sterling's goal was ruled out.

I actually think Spurs now have a slightly better chance of maybe getting something at City as if that goal had stood they'd have been destroyed for the rest of the season whereas now they can go there with a kind of free hit,.

Would also be nice if City one didn't score for a change before anyone has sat down and two they actually concede the first goal as it's only happened twice this season

There’s a clip doing the rounds of someone viewing the crowd when Sterling’s goal goes in to the point it gets overturned.  Honestly it sums the fucking embarrassment that club is perfectly.  They don’t look that arsed that they’ve just scored a last minute winner.  Every ground will have these weapons that instantly get their phone out but there is just something different about the people in the clip.  It’s like they’re not even fans

They’ve filled the ground with plastic flags, played artificial crowd noise into the stadium, you wouldn’t put it past them actually paying/incentivising people to go to the game.  I would love to see how many times this season they’ve had tickets on sale on the day of a game to suddenly find that they’ve just “sold out” a few hours before kick off.  They must have spent the past week handing out thousands to all the corporate sponsors offering them all sorts to get their employees to fill the ground.

The whole thing is a sham to try to get around FFP.  Chelsea are the same but on a smaller scale.  I read the other day about Abramovich not using the corporate box he’s paid for at Stamford Bridge.  Why the fuck is the owner of the club having to pay for a corporate box?  To artificially increase the revenue into the club obviously.  It makes you think if they’re doing that what sort of other ridiculous shenanigans must be going on at these two clubs to massage the accounts.

Spurs is a real club running within their means. Like Us, Arsenal and the Mancs. Hate them all, but at least it's not the oil cheats possibly winning it. 

If the result helps us or not is to be seen. I can't decide whether it was a good or bad thing related to our push, but I've decided a few weeks ago that City would win the remaining league games to try and soften the blow if we don't pip them before the end. 

10 hours ago, Pidge said:

Looks to me like if it doesn't hit Llorente, LaPorte is going to catch it.  Llorente's hand is in a natural position, tight to his side. LaPorte is waving his hands in the direction of the ball (because he's trying to foul the attacker...).

If Llorente was a defender no one would claim it should be a penalty. Goal is good, ref got the decision right.

Don't get the Guardiola complaints about the Llorente handball. It's not like he punched it in - or it even came off an arm outstretched to give him balance or something. His arm was in front of his chest - if it had been somewhere else the ball would just have hit his chest instead so what fucking difference does it make if it brushed a couple of hairs on its way in? He should be asking more questions about Laporte laying the ball off nicely to Son for the first goal, or smiley neck for letting the ball straight through him for that goal as well.

Shove your complaints up your financially doped arse, then have a shit in your inside-out oversized cardie hood and pull it over your shiny bonce you fucking moaning cunt.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

There’s a clip doing the rounds of someone viewing the crowd when Sterling’s goal goes in to the point it gets overturned.  Honestly it sums the fucking embarrassment that club is perfectly.  They don’t look that arsed that they’ve just scored a last minute winner.  Every ground will have these weapons that instantly get their phone out but there is just something different about the people in the clip.  It’s like they’re not even fans

They’ve filled the ground with plastic flags, played artificial crowd noise into the stadium, you wouldn’t put it past them actually paying/incentivising people to go to the game.  I would love to see how many times this season they’ve had tickets on sale on the day of a game to suddenly find that they’ve just “sold out” a few hours before kick off.  They must have spent the past week handing out thousands to all the corporate sponsors offering them all sorts to get their employees to fill the ground.

The whole thing is a sham to try to get around FFP.  Chelsea are the same but on a smaller scale.  I read the other day about Abramovich not using the corporate box he’s paid for at Stamford Bridge.  Why the fuck is the owner of the club having to pay for a corporate box?  To artificially increase the revenue into the club obviously.  It makes you think if they’re doing that what sort of other ridiculous shenanigans must be going on at these two clubs to massage the accounts.

Abramovich is having problems with HMRC and getting a visa. So he can’t be in the country.

One for the shiteness of modern football thread.

I've convinced myself that when the top teams face each other a few times in such short notice like this that one of those games is usually a draw. 

Spurs won their first leg, city won last night (despite an argument over technicalities with someone who said city lost) so therefore I'm hoping at the weekend it's a draw. 

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and if we'd gone out like that I'd be thinking that it's going to be virtually impossible to get over that any time soon, let alone win all our remaining games.

And look at it the other way. Imagine if the Sterling goal had been allowed to stand. We'd be calling them all the jammy bastards under the sun and saying there's no way they're dropping any points as the momentum and confidence they'd have would be huge.

All in all, I feel as though that couldn't have possibly gone any better for us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and if we'd gone out like that I'd be thinking that it's going to be virtually impossible to get over that any time soon, let alone win all our remaining games.

And look at it the other way. Imagine if the Sterling goal had been allowed to stand. We'd be calling them all the jammy bastards under the sun and saying there's no way they're dropping any points as the momentum and confidence they'd have would be huge.

All in all, I feel as though that couldn't have possibly gone any better for us.

Exactly this.

It was one of the funniest, universe-biting-you-in-the-ass moments I've ever seen. and it couldn't have happened to a nicer team/club.

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

I'm definitely on the side of wanting City to lose last night, their heads will be absolutely fucked right now, going to be difficult to get it together again for another tough game against the same team just a few days later.

The fact they were chasing the game at various points won't do them any favours either, they've been looking knackered as it is, so to be having to put in a massive graft for a change and having nothing to show for it will be hard to bounce back from. 

They are just one bad league game away from having a shit season, they might have a ridiculously high points total, and potentially a league and FA Cup double, any other team would snap your hand off for that, but they aren't going to be happy with it at all. 

Haha, fucking cunts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Abramovich is having problems with HMRC and getting a visa. So he can’t be in the country.

One for the shiteness of modern football thread.

He’s got an Israeli passport which allows him in the country for 6 months at a time but he still hasn’t turned up.

Not really anything to do with my point though.