You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The most unself aware comment was "this game is bent"

I’m done. No way will I attend another game. I’m giving up on football this is the end for me. Corruption and I want no further part of it. I first went to city in 1978 and have had a season ticket since then. Tonight is the end.

But not at the game tonight when tickets were on sale?

Guest Alex_K
42 minutes ago, kemskem said:

Spurs have got a taste for the Champions League now. They'll want to beat City on Saturday.

Of all the permutations, this is probably the most insightful. If Spurs lose to City they will most likely find themselves out of the top 4 after the next round of fixtures, with both Chelsea and Arsenal playing at home against fodder. A draw would be a very useful result for them though as it would put them above Chelsea on GD and also they'd have a game in hand with 4 left to play. While tonight was euphoric, they'll know better than to think the CL offers them any more than a 25% chance of getting into the CL again via winning the competition .. so its so important for them to keep up in the league.

This should also highlight how absolutely certifiably insane United and everyone associated with United were to entertain Solskjaer as more appealing prospect than Pochettino. The two managers are absolutely oceans apart.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I hate Spurs with a passion but they were immense tonight.

They lost. They were lucky with their third goal (hit his arm) and only inches prevented them getting knocked out after they gifted City a 'goal'.

We went there last year and won 2-1. That's immense. Spurs were plucky.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks to me like if it doesn't hit Llorente, LaPorte is going to catch it.  Llorente's hand is in a natural position, tight to his side. LaPorte is waving his hands in the direction of the ball (because he's trying to foul the attacker...).

15 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Must feel like he’s wasted 4 years of his life 

Said he'd been a Season Ticket holder since 1978.

You'd think being a supporter since the good old days of football... he'd have already given the game away in disgust for the financial doping going on at his beloved club, never mind this new fangled VAR.

By this time next week we will know if the title is a go or not. If they get through both Spurs and Utd with 6pts it's over. They have full rest between games and a large squad fully fit. 

Drop any points in that and we get past Cardiff who will fight like dogs thanks to Brighton collapse then we have to get through back to back games with Newcastle and Barcelona. Leicester will get fuck all against City, they are in the beach already