You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The big problem we have is that I just don't see where City will drop points.

People go on about the United game, but United have got away games at Barcelona and Everton before City, and Chelsea at home after. I honestly think they will rest players in the City game, on the basis that they need to win against Everton and Chelsea more. Plus can you really see Solskjaer outwitting Guardiola?

What will they be resting players for? They will be out of Europe and have 2 or 3 games left after that.  Are they saving them for August? They're shit, our only hope is their pride and fans inspire them them to work their bollox off, as much as they would hate us to win the sightof City all but wrapping it up in their back yard would be hard to take.

Guest Alex_K

I completely envisage City/United being this seasons version of City/Everton during the last run-in, where Everton fans were booing when their own team ever crossed the halfway line. I'm sure Old Trafford will be willing City on in that game - even if United could still get top 4 out of it. Their rabble is pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

We're on for 90+ points a year on from 75 and barring absolute catastrophe we're going to get more points in a season than United ever have in their history.

Thats very true.

It reminds me of the 09/10 La Liga where Barcelona finished on 99 points and Madrid on 96.

I'm not 100% on this, but i've read that if both us and City win all our games, 97 points will be a European record points haul for not winning the league.

4 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

I completely envisage City/United being this seasons version of City/Everton during the last run-in, where Everton fans were booing when their own team ever crossed the halfway line. I'm sure Old Trafford will be willing City on in that game - even if United could still get top 4 out of it. Their rabble is pathetic.

They hate us more than City, but they have some level of pride in their club and won't let City come and take the piss. Everton have going from being a massive club to a mediocre small time one over the last 25 years. They exist to take joy in us not winning trophies rather than move forward as a club. 

Guest Alex_K
3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

They hate us more than City, but they have some level of pride in their club and won't let City come and take the piss. Everton have going from being a massive club to a mediocre small time one over the last 25 years. They exist to take joy in us not winning trophies rather than move forward as a club. 

I think any shred of pride United fans think they have will vanish the moment they're faced with the prospect of the scousers winning the league. They've enjoyed success in the past decades but at heart they have tendencies that are every bit as small-time and bilious as the blues across the park. We'll see.

17 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Only we could get to 97 points and still not win the league. Feels like we are fucking cursed when it comes to winning the league. 

a) we haven't got 97 pts yet and b) City haven't won it yet

I said a few weeks back I thought 95 was the number and I still think that's very possible.

15 hours ago, Alex_K said:

We're on for 90+ points a year on from 75 and barring absolute catastrophe we're going to get more points in a season than United ever have in their history.

Nothing "fucked us up" and it's simply banal and stupid to say it did. That said, I just can't imagine City dropping any more points so have a very sanguine approach to it all. At least in Europe it's in our own hands.

I think the reality is, we're watching two absolute machines in their prime. If we finish second, it'll be to a monster of a performance by City to not only out pace us, but to retain the title - something nobody has done in a while. 

We've been excellent. Beyond our own expectations I'd suggest, so if it comes up short, that'll be disappointing (obviously), but the other outfit will have deserved it. 

Interesting piece on MNF about Mane and how good he is from Carra. Neville basically saying Mane, Salah, Sterling and Mane are on a completely different level than the wide players when he was playing