You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

When they won their game against us, it definitely became harder as that is technically a six point reduction in the lead. 

It was the West Ham and Leicester draws that fucked us up

16 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm sure Zaha has had a bet on City to win the league after his performance today. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Showing why anybody would be crazy to pay top wedge for him. 

Not much has changed. We need to win all our games. Just need City to fail to win one of their's. This was their 3rd or 4th most difficult remaining fixture. We've just got to keep on hoping...

Sounds like how he plays most weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I was referring to the two posts you’ve just made, so my post still stands too.

Does it? For posting that it's gone a bit hysterical in here because City who are pinning up back each week didn't beat 13th placed Palace - somehow that comes across as being superior or looking down on others? Do fuck off.

We're in a title race and City are a brilliantly assembled squad. If we're relying on the likes of Palace to lead us to the title then we've already lost. It'd be boss if they did, but they didn't so little point throwing toys out of the pram.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

Feel free to keep it that way.

Nah.

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

Does it? For posting that it's gone a bit hysterical in here because City who are pinning up back each week didn't beat 13th placed Palace - somehow that comes across as being superior or looking down on others? Do fuck off.

We're in a title race and City are a brilliantly assembled squad. If we're relying on the likes of Palace to lead us to the title then we've already lost. It'd be boss if they did, but they didn't so little point throwing toys out of the pram.

Nah.

This person has it nailed , in fact and attitude.

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Nah.

Fuck off yourself you smug little skidmark.

• Downvote 1

Just now, torahboy said:

This person has it nailed , in fact and attitude.

No he doesn't.

We need to win all our remaining games probably.

And City probably have to drop points.

Some of our supporters are very, very desperate for that to somehow happen.

They're going to be biased and shitty at times when it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Spring said:

How're finding such peace? You must be the most relaxed person on here.

When it was in our hands, I was nervous pretty much any time I thought about it. Now, we can't actually win it unless City slip up and my brain doesn't seem to have the same reaction to those circumstances. That's not to say I'm calm during the games, but in the grand scheme of things, it's all about City dropping points and I can't be getting agitated watching City games. To be fair, they've not even been behind for ages as far as I can remember, and generally they're ahead early on, so maybe that's part of it - I've had no cause to get invested in the possibility of them dropping points. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Nice to see PSG getting handed their arses tonight against Lille , 5-1 so far but if they’d been clinical should be 8 or 9

Agreed. Brilliant to see their seasons fizzle out time and time again after failing in the Champions League. Pepe with another monster performance. 

The big problem we have is that I just don't see where City will drop points.

People go on about the United game, but United have got away games at Barcelona and Everton before City, and Chelsea at home after. I honestly think they will rest players in the City game, on the basis that they need to win against Everton and Chelsea more. Plus can you really see Solskjaer outwitting Guardiola?

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

We're on for 90+ points a year on from 75 and barring absolute catastrophe we're going to get more points in a season than United ever have in their history.

Nothing "fucked us up" and it's simply banal and stupid to say it did. That said, I just can't imagine City dropping any more points so have a very sanguine approach to it all. At least in Europe it's in our own hands.

The bookies are a solid measure of where things are at. They make them 55 percent likely to be champions. They would have been more than 60% before today.

My own feeling is that we have come through three horrible games with maximum points. We have banana skins left but i think we should win them all. They have a much nastier run in but as terrific as we are, they are arguably one of the top 3-4 teams to have played in this country. It's a real 50-50 coin toss imo.