You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

He can fuck off with that shit! I'm more than well aware we've more than our fair share of racist gobshites on Merseyside, but you can't tell me that a black kid brought up in London in the late 90's to early 2000's knew fuck all about racism! I'm sure he'll have been taught all about Stephen Lawrence!

Your colour has nothing to do with us not liking you Raheem, you and your agent acting the cunt on the other hand.....

I make you right

Sterlings comments comments are snide IMO.

Ok he grew up in a city that is much more ethnically diverse than Liverpool - and there are plenty of racist twats in Liverpool (as there are of course in London) OK he may have pretty much stayed in his local area as a kid in London and that area seems to have a very large black community, so it is entirely believable he may never have seen racism....

But why not make his comments with those facts made clear.....way he has worded it is a direct "London no problem, Liverpool racism problem" or at the best his words can easily be interpreted as such....hence this discussion now.

OK i may be doing him a great mis-service here, but at same time he has put what he said in such a way that i can take his words and see them in this way.

Maybe had he said something like "I grew up in an area that was a massive black community and therefore never saw racism and then upon moving to an area with much less diversity i came across racism for the first time" it would come over better.

I just think he has made the comments in a snide way.

If I am wrong - hands up.

The midget gets his 2nd. Game over in last min. Chelsea are poor. Plain and simple. One man ain't going to trouble us especially at ours. He has to get the ball to hurt us. And they also have to try to stop us at the other end.

Cardiff should've beaten them and the bitters did. No fear and revenge for 14. More so for us fans obviously. The players won't get sucked into all that bollix

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool is so racist they fill in Britain First marchers at Lime Street and make them hide in the lost property store with the shutters down until it's safe for them to get their train back home. 

There’s plenty of racism in Liverpool, mate 

42 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sterlings comments comments are snide IMO.

Ok he grew up in a city that is much more ethnically diverse than Liverpool - and there are plenty of racist twats in Liverpool (as there are of course in London) OK he may have pretty much stayed in his local area as a kid in London and that area seems to have a very large black community, so it is entirely believable he may never have seen racism....

But why not make his comments with those facts made clear.....way he has worded it is a direct "London no problem, Liverpool racism problem" or at the best his words can easily be interpreted as such....hence this discussion now.

OK i may be doing him a great mis-service here, but at same time he has put what he said in such a way that i can take his words and see them in this way.

Maybe had he said something like "I grew up in an area that was a massive black community and therefore never saw racism and then upon moving to an area with much less diversity i came across racism for the first time" it would come over better.

I just think he has made the comments in a snide way.

If I am wrong - hands up.

*tries to post reply with hands up*

Having to play the Monday before a Europa League tie on the Thursday ? Roman really must have pissed a few people off in high places.  At least the banker tonight means that the Scum cant fuck about against City to get 4th for Sperm.

As long as we cunt these racists in the bastard on Sunday anway. Well overdue.

3 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Having to play the Monday before a Europa League tie on the Thursday ?

We had to do that in 2001 mate. Gary Mac's last minute gem at the blooshite on Monday night (think it was Easter monday) followed by a penalty winner against Barca in the second leg of the semi on the Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

We had to do that in 2001 mate. Gary Mac's last minute gem at the blooshite on Monday night (think it was Easter monday) followed by a penalty winner against Barca in the second leg of the semi on the Thursday.

Yeah, we did. Spotters badge there mate. if I remember rightly too, we lost to Leeds on the Good Friday.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

You've lost me, pal.

I misread your last line as "hands up if you think I'm wrong".

I don't think there's anything snide about what Sterling said; he didn't experience racism in the community he grew up in, but once he moved away he did.

Ah ok.

But i stand by what i said - it is IMO wrong or at least open to interpretation when he words it as he did.

With all the best will in the world if you are a black kid living in area that is very much an area where lot's of black people live you are hardly likely to come up against racism - but when you move to areas where white people are very much the majority then (as sad as it is that it is true) you are much more likely to do so.

According to wikipedia the school he went to in London "92% of students are of minority ethnic origin"

Sterling does nothing to acknowledge the differences with way he has spoken.

Personally I just think he'd come across better if he did.