You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I dont want the league reduced. as shit as the bottom teams are, Christ we nearly dropped points against Fulham the other week and they are absolute dogshit. Anyway it's nice to have a game where you don't stress too much and play some football, though we seem to make every game hardwork recently.

I've just seen a clip of the Spurs opening ceremony.  Oh dear.

- " How about getting an opera singer to do an overwrought version of 'Glory, Glory'?"

• "I like where this is heading, but it's not quite cheesy enough.  I'm not feeling the cringe."

-"What if the singer is that twat off the Go Compare adverts?"

• "That's what I'm talking about!"

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Tottenham make world-record £113m profit despite costs of new stadium

Their wage bill is £147m. Man Utd's wage bill is double that, just for comparison. What I can never understand is that you hardly ever hear of Spurs players (or their agents) pushing for a huge hike in wages to put them on par with players at those clubs whose results are similar. I know Kane got a big pay rise but they must have quite a few players who get less than 50k per week for their wage bill to be so low. Unless of course they are pulling the same sleight of hand as Man City by keeping the majority of what they pay their players off the club's books.

26 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Their wage bill is £147m. Man Utd's wage bill is double that, just for comparison. What I can never understand is that you hardly ever hear of Spurs players (or their agents) pushing for a huge hike in wages to put them on par with players at those clubs whose results are similar. I know Kane got a big pay rise but they must have quite a few players who get less than 50k per week for their wage bill to be so low. Unless of course they are pulling the same sleight of hand as Man City by keeping the majority of what they pay their players off the club's books.

Rose kicked up recently about it i think 

53 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just took a look -- Alli is getting shafted. He's on like 55 a week

Eriksen will probably triple his wages on his next contract

Harry Winks is on 25K

I would love to have seen Pochettinos face when he had that article translated for him . 

Its not that you have no funds Mauricio , so stop making silly comments about us spending our money , it’s just that it is being diverted to pay off stadium loans and Levy’s next pay rise.

20 hours ago, Jennings said:

City capacity is 55,000. BBC had the attendance at 53,559. Looked fewer than that on tv. 

I was at Arsenal/Watford last season and they announced capacity and it was, generously, two thirds full.

Mates explanation was its touts who buy season tickets but can’t shift them due to people hating Wenger, being fair weather mongs. Counts as a sale and that’s what they announce.

City though is another matter, they just don’t have a support network able to, or willing to, pay for it. Know a few owd arses from the Main Rd days who refuse to buy in to it and they don’t have anywhere near the interest to replace them. Complete nothing team.

6 hours ago, Trumo said:

I would imagine that based on their results over the last few years, their contracts have a lot of performance related increases in them. 

Top 20 attendance  clubs this season

20) Borussia Monchengladbach – 48,673
Matches: 13
Total attendance: 632,752
Capacity at Borussia Park: 54,010
Percentage of capacity: 90.1%

19) Hertha Berlin – 49,226
Matches: 13
Total attendance: 639,934
Capacity at Olympiastadion Berlin: 74,475
Percentage of capacity: 66.1%

18) FC Cologne – 49,450