You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not too onerous supporting this England team as there are no really dislikeable characters involved ( Sterling maybe for some reds ) unlike other versions in the recent past 

Think the defence will let them down in bigger matches ( TAA and Gomez may help ) but with Hendo just about the oldest player there is plenty of scope for improvement.

11 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Busquets is brutal these days. Asensio looked crap against Ajax. Jordi Alba I reckon would struggle in the premier league, but I accept that it’s a speculation on my part.

Busquets is a level below his best but suggesting he wouldn't get into a midfield that is currently starting some combination of Dier, Barkley and Henderson is absolutely mental.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Busquets is a level below his best but suggesting he wouldn't get into a midfield that is currently starting some combination of Dier, Barkley and Henderson is absolutely mental.

He’s too slow these days for this England team. At his best he’d walk into the side of course.

52 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ardja’s a bigger England fan than most English people. That’s incredible. 

My wife is English! Most of my mates here are too... I do want England to do well. If only for our players; Hendo, Trent, Ox, and Gomez. It used to be very difficult to want England to do well, with the likes of Rio, Neville, Rooney, Lampard, John fucking Terry in the team. Most of the current lot are likeable. The most annoying is probably Lingard, but he seems to be good mates with Trent... so can’t be that bad. 

1 hour ago, etho said:

I think you'd make a strong case for de gea, busquets, Ramos and possibly asensio. Good point though, the talent and potential levels with this group are unbelievable

Calling up Hudson-Odoi over Maddison is absolute nonsense though. 

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

Not too onerous supporting this England team as there are no really dislikeable characters involved ( Sterling maybe for some reds ) unlike other versions in the recent past 

Think the defence will let them down in bigger matches ( TAA and Gomez may help ) but with Hendo just about the oldest player there is plenty of scope for improvement.

Harry Kane is dislikable, in my humble opinion.  Can't stand Southgate and his oh-so-polite waistcoat schtick, either.  The fans are the worst, though.  Brexit fucking nobheads. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Harry Kane is dislikable, in my humble opinion.  Can't stand Southgate and his oh-so-polite waistcoat schtick, either.  The fans are the worst, though.  Brexit fucking nobheads. 

Harry Kane, Southgate and England fans all have one thing in common: their love fries over chips. So yes, a bunch of knobheads. 

16 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Harry Kane, Southgate and England fans all have one thing in common: their love fries over chips. So yes, a bunch of knobheads. 

Nah, we don't want that French foreign muck!  We demand Great British chips made with the Great British maris piper - bootiful!

*licks own lips like a fat Brexit twat*

England will twat everyone in their shite group and get all excited only for them to qualify, get an easy group, Harry Kane to score 7 against Latvia then get beat by any half decent team in the knockout stages. Same will happen in 2022. 

At least the Brexit boys will all get to lash beer over each other in the Box park in Croydon or Hoxton when England score a penalty against some shite team. Then cry into their £6 pints and wreck bus shelters when they get knocked out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

England will twat everyone in their shite group and get all excited only for them to qualify, get an easy group, Harry Kane to score 7 against Latvia then get beat by any half decent team in the knockout stages. Same will happen in 2022. 

At least the Brexit boys will all get to lash beer over each other in the Box park in Croydon or Hoxton when England score a penalty against some shite team. Then cry into their £6 pints and wreck bus shelters when they get knocked out.

Fucking dead on.

8 hours ago, viRdjil said:

My wife is English! Most of my mates here are too... I do want England to do well. If only for our players; Hendo, Trent, Ox, and Gomez. It used to be very difficult to want England to do well, with the likes of Rio, Neville, Rooney, Lampard, John fucking Terry in the team. Most of the current lot are likeable. The most annoying is probably Lingard, but he seems to be good mates with Trent... so can’t be that bad. 

Trent needs to be more careful when picking mates.