You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, Trumo said:

West Brom have sacked Darren Moore, apparently because they are 'only' in the play-off positions and some way off automatic promotion. He got the gig a year ago, had the caretaker manager bounce and even though the club were relegated, he was given the role full-time.

How many caretaker managers get that initial bounce and manage to continue getting good results and performances for a few years at least? I can only think of Del Bosque at Real Madrid at the turn of the century. He managed to win 2 Champions Leagues and 2 La Liga titles in his 3-and-a-bit year spell there, and he was only initially a stop-gap.

Di Matteo got a bounce at Chelsea, spawned 2 trophies and then things went to shit for them when he tried to implement his own ideas and transfer suggestions, showing himself up to be a total fraud.

Seems to me that clubs need to stick to their guns when a caretaker manager is getting good results, and not get caught up in the whole thing to the point where they give the guy a long-term contract.

Hopefully United fall into the same trap.

28 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I get what your saying mate but we spent what we earned and bought players using our genuine revenue we earned by being successful. 

These twats have just cheated and corrupted their way to the top and it makes me sick. 

There will be nothing to enjoy if Liverpool football club the 18 times champions get to the end of the season with our biggest points total in our history and only 1 loss and it means nothing as some corrupt Lance Amstrong twat of a club have cheated their way to the title and Liverpool who have done it right end up with nothing. 

I deffo get your point, mate. In fact I probably agree on moral grounds. However history won't recall where the money came from. It doesn't really matter anymore on a footballing success level.

It'll probably happen more over the coming years, rather than less - until that is that the bubble bursts and we all go back to watching and enjoying lower division footy...non-league footy.

I just think that now we shouldn't let the City stuff and the Chelsea stuff spoil our enjoyment. What we have at the moment is great and we should enjoy it. The style of play. The goals. The Egyptian fella. The mad Scottish left back. the Brazillian Adonis in midfield. The goals. The play. Sadio's maverick streak. We're battling for the league.

Anyway I respect the point you make and I don't mean to sound preachy and condescending, so apologies if it comes out that way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I deffo get your point, mate. In fact I probably agree on moral grounds. However history won't recall where the money came from. It doesn't really matter anymore on a footballing success level.

It'll probably happen more over the coming years, rather than less - until that is that the bubble bursts and we all go back to watching and enjoying lower division footy...non-league footy.

I just think that now we shouldn't let the City stuff and the Chelsea stuff spoil our enjoyment. What we have at the moment is great abd we should enjoy it. The style of play. The goals. The Egyptian fella. The mad Scottish left back. the Brazillian Adonis in midfield. The goals. The play. Sadio's maverick streak. We're battling for the league.

Anywsy I respect the point you make and I don't mean to sound preachy and condescending, so apologies if it comes out that way.

No mention of Virgil. 

I'd neg you if I could. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Most of that was with the money we got from Juventus for Ian Rush though.

And didn't United regularly out spend us in the late 80s too? The financial doping city have absorbed is way beyond proportionally to anything we saw back then

If we can get through the next two games it's all good. I have this feeling this league could come down to goal difference and right now it's +9 to city but if we can smash burnley tomorrow by 4 or 5, it's not unreachable. 

Having said that i'd grab two 1-0 wins of anyone and head to the break ahead of these fuckers.

24 minutes ago, niallers said:

And didn't United regularly out spend us in the late 80s too? The financial doping city have absorbed is way beyond proportionally to anything we saw back then

Yes but they had a bigger ground than us which earned them bigger revenues. Plus even though they were average they were still the self styled glamour club and seemed to have a lot of non local fans. I think they signed a big sponsorship deal with Sharp as well.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

I just think that now we shouldn't let the City stuff and the Chelsea stuff spoil our enjoyment. What we have at the moment is great and we should enjoy it. The style of play. The goals. The Egyptian fella. The mad Scottish left back. the Brazillian Adonis in midfield. The goals. The play. Sadio's maverick streak. We're battling for the league.

Anyway I respect the point you make and I don't mean to sound preachy and condescending, so apologies if it comes out that way.

You don't mate. It's been a fantastic season and it has been very enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

What the fuck is enjoyable about playing worse football, having a massive advantage and fucking it up yet again? Some serious fucking masochists round here!

Honestly? You can't enjoy this?

28 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

What the fuck is enjoyable about playing worse football, having a massive advantage and fucking it up yet again? Some serious fucking masochists round here!

Mate I feel your frustration and I'm trying to stay positive but I know the chance is most likely gone. We have fucked away a 7 point lead and we have no one to blame but ourselves but look at it this way. If city were not allowed to cheat and financially dope their way to where they are now we would be clear and the title would be all but done. 

Yes we shouldn't have fucked up a 7 point lead but City shouldn't be where they are either. Cheating cunts

25 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Honestly? You can't enjoy this?

How is it possible to enjoy this?

We have 1 - one - trophy in nearly 13 years, and that was the league cup. We have waited for the holy grail for 29 years, we were in a great position to get it, and then we blew it, IMO because of a chronical lack of mental strength. Seeing the players running around against Leicester with the their shoulders above their heads, not able to come up with one fucking creative pass said it all. Seeing Jurgen becoming overcautious against Everton and a terrible United side just made it harder to accept.

The history books will show the winners. No-one will care that we have a high point tally for a runner-up, and no-one will give a shit about the financial doping.

We had it. We lost it. Very far from enjoyable.

10 minutes ago, Judge said:

How is it possible to enjoy this?

We have 1 - one - trophy in nearly 13 years, and that was the league cup. We have waited for the holy grail for 29 years, we were in a great position to get it, and then we blew it, IMO because of a chronical lack of mental strength. Seeing the players running around against Leicester with the their shoulders above their heads, not able to come up with one fucking creative pass said it all. Seeing Jurgen becoming overcautious against Everton and a terrible United side just made it harder to accept.

The history books will show the winners. No-one will care that we have a high point tally for a runner-up, and no-one will give a shit about the financial doping.

We had it. We lost it. Very far from enjoyable.

Wash the sand out of your vag you fuckin weapon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I understand Watford played their reserves against City? What the fuck is that?

Their next game is in a week, at home to Southampton, they have nothing to play for, and they dont play their best team at City. Did City find a way to bribe them?

FA cup QF next weekend.  I know ...