You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I had to calm down a little after that. That is blatant cheating that. That  ref should never ref a game in the PL again. 

We've seen many dubious decisions over the years, but now cheating in the open that's disgusting.

Just now, DimReaper said:

That really was an absolutely disgraceful attempt at officiating. He's fucking offside, it doesn't matter what the defender does trying to CLEAR the fucking ball. 

I don't think either of them were aware that Aguero got a touch.  Assistant just stuck his flag up because it looked a bit off-sidey.  Blind cunts.  Watch some ex ref ballbag come out and explain why everything is fine according to the rules, after the game.  

Just now, Johnlj said:

I had to calm down a little after that. That is blatant cheating that. That  ref should never ref a game in the PL again. 

We've seen many dubious decisions over the years, but now cheating in the open that's disgusting.

It's not blatant cheating is it. City played to the whistle. Scoring from an offside position isn't cheating. It's (at best) incompetent refereeing that's at fault here.

Just now, TK421 said:

I don't think either of them were aware that Aguero got a touch.  Assistant just stuck his flag up because it looked a bit off-sidey.  Blind cunts.  Watch some ex ref ballbag come out and explain why everything is fine according to the rules, after the game.  

I think they were... They were discussing whether the defender "deliberately" played the ball, I assume, but it doesn't fucking matter because he's trying to CLEAR the ball, not play it deliberately back. He's offside. It's exactly the same as the one Kane got against us last season, which was wrong as well. It's just common sense for fuck sake - if a player is offside when the ball is played, what's the defender actually supposed to do - not try to clear it and hope the flag goes up? It makes literally zero sense and is completely wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Watford doing anything was always unlikely. We need to stay just one point behind them and hope they’ll drop something when they start playing twice a week after the international break.

Spurs losing today was a positive as they need to have something to play for against them. An unlikely Arsenal win tomorrow would be similarly useful too. 

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

I think they were... They were discussing whether the defender "deliberately" played the ball, I assume, but it doesn't fucking matter because he's trying to CLEAR the ball, not play it deliberately back. He's offside. It's exactly the same as the one Kane got against us last season, which was wrong as well. It's just common sense for fuck sake - if a player is offside when the ball is played, what's the defender actually supposed to do - not try to clear it and hope the flag goes up? It makes literally zero sense and is completely wrong. 

Who knows. 

I await some ex-ref ballbag to clarify why it was perfectly legit to cover Tierney's fuck up.