You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stolen of Twitter, made me laugh anyway

Spurs beat Dortmund in Germany and Man Utd pull off a stunning comeback in Paris while Arsenal, trying to sneak a game in while we are all travelling home from work, have lost to a fucking heartburn tablet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cultured Left Peg said:

I hope LFC's lawyers are looking into this. It would be hilarious to have the title snatched from them, and anything else they've won.

I think we'll see the sum of fuck all happen to this disgusting club on the domestic front:

THE PREMIER LEAGUE

"In the Championship we’ve seen a number of transfer embargoes, the [£40m] fine to Queens Park Rangers, but on the evidence we have no rules have been broken," Dr Garcia says. "The Premier League may decide to do something similar but I think it’s really difficult to see that."

In any case, Premier League regulations allow for clubs to make losses of up to £105 million, whereas UEFA requires clubs to at least break even.

Domestically the PL would be better served investigating the Arabtec sponsorship deal. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiWx--ckfLgAhVFgRoKHdkFDeoQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Flaw%2F2018%2Fnov%2F11%2Fmanchester-city-owners-accused-sportswashing-gulf-image&psig=AOvVaw2KLldY9-bucLVf6U5rWTFw&ust=1552120406125991

It's been like MUTV in my office the last two mornings with the two Mancs in our place sitting together. One from Wigan and one from Warrington, going on about Cantona, Rooney, Scholes, Keane and Slur Alex. Yet the last five years they've barely wanted to talk about football because of Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho. Any attempt to even talk about football in general and not Liverpool they've still not been interested. 

It's as if they only want to support them or are interested in footy when they get a few good results. Evertonians are the same until Liverpool hit a bad patch or the Derby is looming. You never hear from them otherwise. 

According to the Echo there are 12 Premier League clubs who will contact the FA over Man City's financial conduct. Doesn't say if Liverpool are one of them though. Also, the FA will need to investigate the £200,000 payment that they made to Jason Sancho's family to get him to sign for them which is illegal.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

According to the Echo there are 12 Premier League clubs who will contact the FA over Man City's financial conduct. Doesn't say if Liverpool are one of them though. Also, the FA will need to investigate the £200,000 payment that they made to Jason Sancho's family to get him to sign for them which is illegal.

From my memory John Henry mentioned FFP as one of the main reasons he bought the club. Man City pissing all over them must have had an effect on the business model.

Those cunts paying Yaya Toure 220k a week in 2010 cost every club a fortune. The cunts moved the goalposts and it cost everyone involved. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

United were moving those goalposts long before city, the mutants.

With money they earned,  slight difference. 

If we weren't run like a tuc shop in the early 90s then we could have been competing with them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

United were moving those goalposts long before city, the mutants.

Much as I hate united, they are completely different to city and I dont know how you think they were moving the goal posts. Despite us being the first club in England to wear sponsored shirts and even refusing to wear non sponsored ones so ITV and BBC could transmit highlights of our games, we sat on our hands from then on as far as sponsorship went.

Some, and many still do, laughed at united when they started selling club branded key rings, cups, wallets etc, etc. Their income grew exponentially at a time when they were literally shit on the field. Meanwhile, we turned our noses up at such things.

Souey warned us all when he was manager about them. God forbid they get it right on and off the pitch, he said. And now here we are, trying to play catch up.

City, PSG and to a lesser extent chelsea are financial cheats. they are in reality no different from the Ben Johnsons or host of other athletes who cheat with perfromance enhancing drugs. The only difference is city, PSG, chelsea's and a few other club's performance enhancing substance is a never ending supply of money.

The FA and football authorities should have clamped down on this shit when abramovic rocked up and started chucking 'his' money around, buying up players, especially youth players to stop them going to competitor clubs. They sat on their hands and did nothing. And now someone bigger has come along only it is not one person, it is two countries wealth sustaining a club in different countries.

PSG continue to fail on the bigger stage because they have yet to appoint a truely good enough manager but also because they play in a pub league. city have the good manager and the competitive edge the PL brings. But they are where they are because of what is frankly nothing more than a kind of money laundering.

I hope city, PSG and the rest get banged to rights but Im not holding my breath.

PSG had Ancelotti as manager not so long ago, after he'd won a third Champions League title to draw level with Sir Bob. Hiring managers has not been their biggest issue, it's been the lack of competitive edge at the sharp end of the season from a squad that has been on easy street in the league.

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

PSG had Ancelotti as manager not so long ago, after he'd won a third Champions League title to draw level with Sir Bob. Hiring managers has not been their biggest issue, it's been the lack of competitive edge at the sharp end of the season from a squad that has been on easy street in the league.

Ancelotti won his third Champions League title after he managed PSG.

33 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The lack of competitiveness doesn't help but the real problem is the club has no standards. The players treat the club like it's a vacation destination. Like the club is lucky to have all these top players and they can do whatever they want. Since Leonardo left they've also hired some absolute idiots to do their transfers.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

The lack of competitiveness doesn't help but the real problem is the club has no standards. The players treat the club like it's a vacation destination. Like the club is lucky to have all these top players and they can do whatever they want. Since Leonardo left they've also hired some absolute idiots to do their transfers.

Are they wrong?