You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

For fuck's sake. With Madrid and now PSG out there's a very real chance this twat is going to fluke them to the CL final.

If we got through and drew them in the next round or the semis I don't think I could take it. On the one hand there's the pure joy of getting to dump them out and thereby move closer to the final, on the other there's the unspeakable alternative.

Solskjaer isn’t fluking it, Ferguson is helping him

1 minute ago, A_S said:

Barca have away goals to worry about too. If only Schalke hadn't been completely incompetent while a man and goal up. Fuck sake. 

Exactly... And another thing is if we get through, there's going to be four English teams in the quarters. I don't like playing English teams in Europe. 

• Upvote 1

Solksjaer isnt the long term answer- once its permanent he's stop having the free ride from the fans/press etc.

Credit to him for the results he has had but the savvy hard nosed Emery will cut it short at the weeknd- mark my words    

Just now, Dave D said:

Solksjaer isnt the long term answer- once its permanent he's stop having the free ride from the fans/press etc.

Credit to him for the results he has had but the savvy hard nosed Emery will cut it short at the weeknd- mark my words    

Tell you what - he’s a better manager than Tuchel any day of the week. Fraud. 

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Fivethirtyeight give them a 4% chance after tonight's victory of actually winning.

So no, it's not zero, but it's pretty remote.

Edit: By the way, in case you're interested they give us a 12% chance as it stands. And since they have us and Bayern as pretty much 50-50 to go through to the next round, you can bet that we'll be about 23-24% to win the whole thing if we can manage to go through.

I don’t buy all that bollocks.

6 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Exactly... And another thing is if we get through, there's going to be four English teams in the quarters. I don't like playing English teams in Europe. 

Don't worry, there won't be four English teams in the quarter finals. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

PSG are a club full of mental midgets. They'll never learn.

It's time to stop being happy that Solskjaer may get the full time job, though. Even if Ferguson is helping him, given their injuries he's doing a tremendous job. 

Not having this at all.

Of course they've been better than they were under Mourinho - they could hardly be worse. But United have been on a massive heater in terms of outperforming the underlying numbers over the last couple of months. Is it possible that Solskjaer is one of the top 10 managers in the world?

I mean, I guess it's possible. But it's much, MUCH more likely that he's decent enough but not great and had the great good fortune to come into a team desperate to show that they would improve without Mourinho and then also went on a lucky finishing streak.

Seeing as the alternative here is that they go and give 40m to Tottenham for Pochettino, who could actually go there and be brilliant for 10-15 years, I'd much rather them sign up Solskjaer and take our chances going against them with Klopp and Edwards.

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Not having this at all.

Of course they've been better than they were under Mourinho - they could hardly be worse. But United have been on a massive heater in terms of outperforming the underlying numbers over the last couple of months. Is it possible that Solskjaer is one of the top 10 managers in the world?

I mean, I guess it's possible. But it's much, MUCH more likely that he's decent enough but not great and had the great good fortune to come into a team desperate to show that they would improve without Mourinho and then also went on a lucky finishing streak.

Seeing as the alternative here is that they go and give 40m to Tottenham for Pochettino, who could actually go there and be brilliant for 10-15 years, I'd much rather them sign up Solskjaer and take our chances going against them with Klopp and Edwards.

I think it's more that Mourinho did what he's done best in the latter part of his career and alienated and demotivated a pretty talented and capable group of players, and the board was slow to fire him because of the massive payoff he'd be owed.

It seems like Solskjaer is just likeable enough to get them playing at their actual level again.

So if the ball hits your arm now regardless of whether it is an accident or not it is handball.

Gonna be a tactic in game now just blast ball at players in area hope it hits somewhere on arm and job done - penalty.

Bollocks

Peter Walton talking raw nonsense.  It took two former mancs to actually tell him it wasn’t a pen.  The rules could so easily be changed to make it clear as well.

If the ball is clearly heading into the net and it hits a player’s hand accidental or not then it’s a penalty.  The ball striking players hands innocuously does not really warrant such as harsh a punishment as a penalty.  If a player sticks his arms out to block a cross or shot then fair enough but it should be clear and not in cases like we seen tonight.