You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I know I should be livid, but seeing PSG humiliated again still brings me great satisfaction.

Kinda feeling the same way.

I know I should want United to lose but it's not like they're going to come anywhere near winning the thing so who really cares? They'd be a much easier opponent in the next round than PSG.

But the best part is watching Neymar and all the other oil-money players crying on the sidelines. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

• Upvote 1

For fuck's sake. With Madrid and now PSG out there's a very real chance this twat is going to fluke them to the CL final.

If we got through and drew them in the next round or the semis I don't think I could take it. On the one hand there's the pure joy of getting to dump them out and thereby move closer to the final, on the other there's the unspeakable alternative.

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

You need a panel of 3 to 5 officials independent of each other who have a couple of replays to decide and vote on a decision, majority wins,

Yep, the key point being take it away from the ref on field. He's got managers and players in his ear while trying to look at the monitor and make a decision like that. 

Like last night's sideline call for Ajax's goal, if the officials missed it, give it to the video ref to decide it. 

I just can't believe that happened....they are ruining the game if that is where it is headed.

Have a potshot that is sailing so far over it would probably hit the eiffel tower strike a players arm who has his back turned and arm not even outstretched and ref gives corner and then suddenly its a pen....fuck off.

Just now, Razoray said:

In a way you have to be happy. OGS has to get the job now. They won't win the CL and he won't last next season. He is not as good a coach as Pochettino so give him the job please.

Oh and a very side, albeit full of bottlers just got knocked out and so did Roma.

PSG were sloppy and complacent as fuck. The Mancs and Solskjaer have got that 'Di Matteo at Chelsea' stink of spawn about them.

Despite it being to that lot, I'm glad PSG and their self-entitled Middle-East-blood-money band of petulent diving flat-track bullies got the old heave ho tonight.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Kinda feeling the same way.

I know I should want United to lose but it's not like they're going to come anywhere near winning the thing so who really cares? They'd be a much easier opponent in the next round than PSG.

But the best part is watching Neymar and all the other oil-money players crying on the sidelines. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

The teams through so far are Ajax, Man United, Spurs and Porto/Roma... I wouldn't get too used to the idea of them having NO chance of winning it

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

In a way you have to be happy. OGS has to get the job now. They won't win the CL and he won't last next season. He is not as good a coach as Pochettino so give him the job please.

I'd prefer the 'Di Matteo effect' to wear off before they manage to reach any finals, before I start calling for the baby-faced bellend to get the gig full time.

2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

The teams through so far are Ajax, Man United, Spurs and Porto/Roma... I wouldn't get too used to the idea of them having NO chance of winning it

Fivethirtyeight give them a 4% chance after tonight's victory of actually winning.

So no, it's not zero, but it's pretty remote.

Edit: By the way, in case you're interested they give us a 12% chance as it stands. And since they have us and Bayern as pretty much 50-50 to go through to the next round, you can bet that we'll be about 23-24% to win the whole thing if we can manage to go through.

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

Barca have away goals to worry about too. If only Schalke hadn't been completely incompetent while a man and goal up. Fuck sake. 

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

I wouldn't be so sure. They have a 3/7 chance of drawing Ajax, Porto/Roma, Lyon if they get lucky or fucking Spurs. All of those possibilities see them going at least to the semis IMO. They wouldn't beat Barca I don't think, but against us or City (with the pressure of favourites on us and them having nothing to lose) or Atleti/Bayern, who knows what would happen.

• Upvote 1