You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

15 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Have you seen their form since the snotty little cunt took over? I can't find anything even slightly hilarious about it. I don't see a bad run of results coming any time soon or the team downing tools like they did for that other cunt. 

Tend to agree with this.

I’m not convinced he’ll be great for them long term. Mainly because I don’t know much about him as a manager, and of course he’s still unproven at this level.

But I’m struggling to grasp how people can be confidently draw the conclusion that he’s useless. Results are on his side, and it’s too many games now to be a fluke. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Chelsea never in that game.  Not looking  forward to playing Utd at the weekend tbh

It won't matter to them, we could be playing the best football ever seen and it will still be a grueler of a game on Sunday, regardless. 

That Jim Broadbent scene springs to mind.

56 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Old Ole is getting the gig full time isn’t he.. next season will be hilarious 

I agree, I hope they win every game from now til the end of the season that that they give him the job, and I hope that they win every game next season too so they give him a big contract extension. 

Yeah, hilarious, I'll be pissing myself at them for being so silly. 

Paris kept them at arms length the other night and then came out 2nd half and dominated midfield. If we don't concede first,we can use their more attacking style to counter and find space to hurt them. 

Going to be millions of our collective arse holes twitching like rabbits noses on Sunday.

Very easy for a decent squad to win a run of effectively meaningless domestic games against relatively average opposition. We’ve done it plenty of times when the pressure’s been off, but I never got too excited about whether we finish a distant third or a distant fourth.

I wouldn’t read too much into them beating a Chelsea side who’ve already given up on Sarri just so they can take a few months break before they concentrate on giving up on the next guy. 

All that said, more often than not we completely bottle the Old Trafford fixture. 

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Man City get the worst team left, again. With the exception of Burnley in the FA cup they have had the worst available team handed to them in all 3 cups.

The funny thing is that they complain about the disproportionate number of domestic away ties they've drawn in the last few years. They reckon it's all a big conspiracy to stop them succeeding. 

Hopefully these bellends will be full of it on Sunday, they haven’t opened up against us in years. Klopp will have a plan for Pogba, our pressing is really effective against him as he holds onto the ball so long, we’ve often targeted him. Rashford only one who concerns me but Trent and Virgil will definitely have learned from last season there. I think we’ll out clasd them in midfield and Salah and Mane are gonna finish them off.

• Like 1

United are playing well, no doubt. If we're anything less than on top of our game on Sunday we'll lose. But PSG beat them EASILY. They didn't even try and won at Old Trafford. I dare say we are as good as PSG on our best day (err, at Anfield at least) - the results in the CL prove it! So we should go there with some confidence. I think we'll scrape a win.

Even in this run of form we are miles better than this United side. If there was no rivalry and they were just another club I'd be more than confident of battering them. But it's United v Liverpool at old Trafford it's a derby at their shithole so I'd make them favourites.

If our players turn up and are motivated we win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I would still take a draw and a good performance at the toilet. If we can still be top after the Everton game, i'd really fancy us to win the league.

I hate saying this because we've had, in my opinion 2 chances to win the league and we've stumbled when we had them. They where the man City and Leicester games. 

But I honestly think if we won there in Sunday, then we've won the league, I really do. 

Here's hoping and praying we make it 3rd time lucky. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I hate saying this because we've had, in my opinion 2 chances to win the league and we've stumbled when we had them. They where the man City and Leicester games. 

But I honestly think if we won there in Sunday, then we've won the league, I really do. 

Here's hoping and praying we make it 3rd time lucky. 

Agree with that. They are a very good team and we have a shit record there. I think if we win there then i'd expect us to get a real lift until the international break which could carry us to the title. If we lose i'd make city slight favourites, but I still think city will drop points there, which is a narrative that might be lost on Sunday.

A good performance and a 0-0 and I'll happily take it. A win and it's dreamland.

City's mad fixture list in the coming weeks could leave them unstuck. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

All I ask is that we go out there on Sunday and match them from the off with the intensity that they are going to start with and if we do that then we've got a good chance of getting a result...

Have a first half like last season and numerous other times then we can forget it 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Whichever youth coach made Pogba into a midfielder instead of a false 9 arguably prevented one of the best careers ever. 

It's always been bizarre that he's often been given defensive responsibility throughout most of his career. I've been saying it for a while, he's a #10 (credit to me). You gotta give him a free role in most games. Not against the best of the best, but in most games.  

Like he did for France this summer, he can do a decent job for the team recycling the ball deeper in midfield, but when you see how much of a force he can be going forward, I have a hard time understanding what some of his ex managers did with him. 

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

All I ask is that we go out there on Sunday and match them from the off with the intensity that they are going to start with and if we do that then we've got a good chance of getting a result...

Have a first half like last season and numerous other times then we can forget it 

Agreed. They will come at us like a dog on heat. Chelsea were rolled over last night after 10 , 15 minutes of resistance and never looked like scoring after they went behind. We have to grab our chances and not go behind .