You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Great tactic playing Kante out of position. Anyway at least Hazard will fuck off in the summer,

Kante's never played at the base of a 4-3-3, he's always played with a partner. People don't know what they're talking about when they say he's out of position. Sarri was never gonna change his entire system to play Kante in a two man midfield. No manager would. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Kante's never played at the base of a 4-3-3, he's always played with a partner. People don't know what they're talking about when they say he's out of position. Sarri was never gonna change his entire system to play Kante in a two man midfield. No manager would. 

Then why buy one of the best DM in the world?

5 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Agreed. If we don't win it it's mostly down to our own profligacy. City are a very good team, but so are we and the idea that many of our supporters seem to have that they are an unstoppable force we should lay down and roll over for is pretty galling. I just hope some of the players don't feel the same way.

In just the last few weeks they've lost to Crystal Palace, Leicester and Newcastle FFS.

I've never been awestruck by city, ever. I used to have genuine sleepless nights before we played the mancs in their pomp under Ferguson, Mourinho's first chelsea sides were rock solid and blistering on the break, Wenger's greatest sides were formidable too. 

City have always had average players littered throughout their squad, it's like someone welded a Champions League winning side onto Derby County, they're half awesome and half average (a bit like us in fact, although less so these days). 

Guarantee anyone going into a CL game against them will consider them to be a good team with some class players they need to watch out for, but they're not in the Madrid, Barca, Munich/Juve class of years gone by, nowhere near. 

Guardiola has themm otivated and purring and they have the numbers to come in and replace injuries, plus probably the best out and out goalscoring striker in the world, but they're not some kind of unbeatable machine. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

We're averaging 2.5ppg and we're in second place. What an absolute pisser.

Being in 2nd is due to bent fixture scheduling.

I am absolutely certain that a teams fixture when making the league cup final has never been brought forward before 

• Upvote 1

Chelsea had a few chances but City have been outstadning. The only positive about this game is that Chelsea is one less game for us to worry about. Our front three will run the cockney cunts ragged. Before this game, i had it down as maybe a draw. 

Think united will beat us, but i'm hopeful they will take points off City. We won't catch them on goal difference unless we go crazy in some of our latter games. At  most, we are allowed one other game to drop points. Scary stuff but the fixture list City have could leave them dropping unexpected points at some point.

They've been gifted 2 and a half goals today. The Barkley header, the keeper being shite for the Gundogan one and could do better for Aguero's shot. 

They've got United and Spurs to play. A few potential tough aways against Palace and Burnley. As we know ourselves, even a draw or two can be hugely decisive as we come into squeaky bum time. 

In other news, I'm not usually into their "banter" but that Rhodri Giggs Paddy Power advert is beautifully savage. 

11 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I know but he's the one wasting his talent

I somewhat disagree because Kante has always been a box to box player and not a DM, but if there is a problem there, that's Chelsea's fault, not Sarri's.

Can't expect a manager who has played a certain way his entire career to change the way he does things to get the best out of one player. They should have figured that out and gotten someone else or someone more pragmatic. 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've never been awestruck by city, ever. I used to have genuine sleepless nights before we played the mancs in their pomp under Ferguson, Mourinho's first chelsea sides were rock solid and blistering on the break, Wenger's greatest sides were formidable too. 

City have always had average players littered throughout their squad, it's like someone welded a Champions League winning side onto Derby County, they're half awesome and half average (a bit like us in fact, although less so these days). 

Guarantee anyone going into a CL game against them will consider them to be a good team with some class players they need to watch out for, but they're not in the Madrid, Barca, Munich/Juve class of years gone by, nowhere near. 

Guardiola has them otivated and purring and they have the numbers to come in and replace injuries, plus probably the best out and out goalscoring striker in the world. 

Yeah they're a great team but this is not Pep's Barca side. I don't think the likes of Stones, Laporte or Otamendi give them the same quality and leadership in defense that VVD gives us. Kompany does but he's a Ledley King-tier crock.

The really disheartening thing about the Leicester and West Ham games is we looked scared and overawed in both of them. A bit of balls and ruthlessness and we can do City, but that belief needs to be there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I somewhat disagree because Kante has always been a box to box player and not a DM, but if there is a problem there, that's Chelsea's fault, not Sarri's.

Can't expect a manager who has played a certain way his entire career to change the way he does things to get the best out of one player. 

That's the issue of course . Sarri's tactics and the players he has to slot . It's not working

1 minute ago, an tha said:

These cunts also play before us every single 'game week' in March.

Them 2nd March - Us 3rd March

Them 9th - Us 10th

Them 16th - Us 17th

Them 30th - Us 31st

So we have to chase them from now until the end of March - always being a game behind.

They’ll fuck two of those up. It’s on us to be better. I believe we can be but I understand it’s a tall order.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

These cunts also play before us every single 'game week' in March.

Them 2nd March - Us 3rd March

Them 9th - Us 10th

Them 16th - Us 17th

Them 30th - Us 31st

So we have to chase them from now until the end of March - always being a game behind.

Title winners call it a game in hand.

It is also known as being in control of your own destiny - by title winners.