You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

English players are exempt from this type of criticism. African boys like Salah and Zaha are easy targets for the media.

I always had Zaha down as English, I wonder if he'd get different treatment if he chose to play for England over the ivory Coast. 

10 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just seen a clip of Lingard hitting the deck after the slightest pull by the Burnley player. You can guarantee the narrative around it will be that he's entitled to hit the deck if there's contact, if not completely skirting the issue. Compare that with the treatment Salah got, where managers of other clubs that have nothing to do with it decided to have their say anyway.

From the BBC;

PENALTY - Man Utd

Man Utd 0-2 Burnley

Jeff Hendrick drags back Jesse Lingard. Clear penalty.

Having seen the clip I also would like a definition of the word clear

3 minutes ago, A_S said:

What was the story with the disallowed goal for City at 1-0?

Ref told De Bruyne to wait for the whistle, he didn't.  Huge controversy, obviously.  Despite him clearly showing him the whistle and then De Bruyne ignoring him immediately.

10 minutes ago, A_S said:

What was the story with the disallowed goal for City at 1-0?

Free kick to city. 16 seconds went by and the ref showed his whistle,weh hey, to de bruyne indicating to wait for said whistle.

As he was making his way to the far post, de bruyne took the free kick towards near post and Aguero scored.

Now, the Newcastle back line or wall wasn't ready and the ref came back and booked Roy of the rovers for taking the free before said whistle was blown.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Tomorrow is fucking huge, biggest match since the City game. 

Beat Leicester and I think City will take their foot off the gas in the league and start resting players for Europe. They've got a brutal schedule ahead and they'll need us to fuck up three times before the end of the season, providing they win every single one, which I don't think they will. 

Over on Bluemoon:

The disappointing thing is we're just handing the title to Liverpool. Not even making them work hard for it. We took 4 points off them this season. It should have been 6 if Mahrez could take a penalty. We should be there or there abouts at the top fighting it out, making them sweat for every point. But no we just switch off in the "easy" games and think we can win just by turning up and surprise surprise we drop points allowing them to stroll to the title. Fucking shit mentality.

Not making them work for it what fucking planet is he on. This is our highest points tally at this point in our history and we've won it 18 fucking times the stupid entitled lottery bastard.

• Upvote 19

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not making them work for it what fucking planet is he on. This is our highest points tally at this point in our history and we've won it 18 fucking times the stupid entitled lottery bastard.

Yeah I wanted to follow up the quote with a small rant about that, but it wouldn't let me put it in and I gave up.

Cheers for being a homie and doing the rant for me. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Haha well summed up. Repped.

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

The PL had better teams back then. 

Henry, Toure, Campbell, Cole, Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires would walk into this City side.

That's utter bullshit. Chelsea was in their first year under Roman with lots of expensive flops like Veron, Crespo, Parker, Johnson, but still finished second. Teams like Curbishley's Charlton, Allardyce's Bolton, O'Leary's Villa and Coleman's Fulham were regularly making the top half of the table back then with headline players like Dean Kiely, Nolan, and Barry. Meanwhile, Spurs and City were finishing 14th and 16th. Not to mention we were also pretty shite in Houllier's last season. PL teams were much worse back then and it's not even close.

Plus, Mourinho's Chelsea completely smashed literally the exact same Arsenal team and their points tally the following season, and again the season after that. That Arsenal team sure had some great players but as a team it also only won 26 out of 38, and many of their draws were pretty desperate that year. That was also their only trophy that year.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm fairly certain that when City hit the 50-point mark after 21 games (when they beat Liverpool), it was the first time in history such a mark had been reached so early and a team not be top of the table. 

But yeah, a fucking stroll in the park...

18 minutes ago, Red House said:

That's utter bullshit. Chelsea was in their first year under Roman with lots of expensive flops like Veron, Crespo, Parker, Johnson, but still finished second. Teams like Curbishley's Charlton, Allardyce's Bolton, O'Leary's Villa and Coleman's Fulham were regularly making the top half of the table back then with headline players like Dean Kiely, Nolan, and Barry. Meanwhile, Spurs and City were finishing 14th and 16th. Not to mention we were also pretty shite in Houllier's last season. PL teams were much worse back then and it's not even close.

Plus, Mourinho's Chelsea completely smashed literally the exact same Arsenal team and their points tally the following season, and again the season after that. That Arsenal team sure had some great players but as a team it also only won 26 out of 38, and many of their draws were pretty desperate that year. That was also their only trophy that year.

Chelsea made it to the CL semis that year. United had a very good side too. 

Next ten days could define the race. Tomorrow and west ham are banana skins and even bournemouth is one off the list. Meanwhile, city have three games in a week. I always fancied chelsea to get something out of them. If chelsea do and we do our business in the three games, then I think we do it.

Not saying city will give up on the league, but if they are 7 points off us coming into the business end of the champions league, they may rest players and that could lead to more dropped points.

Having said that, i'd rather predict them winning all their games and then at least we know what we have to do.