You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. This will probably be our greatest ever league campaign in terms of points won, but still only be good enough for a fairly distant second. Coming within 10 points of a team with their resources would be a remarkable achievement.

You don’t seem to get this game “ game lasts 90minutes plus injury time shit do you “

13 wins from the title and that would be city winning all their games. Not saying they aren't capable of that but what a position to be in.

We need to just win tomorrow. 3 points and we are two off the fuckers on goal difference with a 7 point lead. 

If they drop any points from their next 3 games and we win our next 3, i really would fancy us. Tonight gives us a little more breathing space going to the toilet. Still terrified of that game.

Tomorrow is fucking huge, biggest match since the City game. 

Beat Leicester and I think City will take their foot off the gas in the league and start resting players for Europe. They've got a brutal schedule ahead and they'll need us to fuck up three times before the end of the season, providing they win every single one, which I don't think they will. 

Over on Bluemoon:

The disappointing thing is we're just handing the title to Liverpool. Not even making them work hard for it. We took 4 points off them this season. It should have been 6 if Mahrez could take a penalty. We should be there or there abouts at the top fighting it out, making them sweat for every point. But no we just switch off in the "easy" games and think we can win just by turning up and surprise surprise we drop points allowing them to stroll to the title. Fucking shit mentality.

3 minutes ago, Edward. said:

Not really into betting but my mate had this bet on tonight.

No idea what it means but the score and the names look right.

Image may contain: one or more people

Decent. 

Is Ritchie not their usual penalty taker? 40/1 seems quite long for a player on pens. 

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Tomorrow is fucking huge, biggest match since the City game. 

Beat Leicester and I think City will take their foot off the gas in the league and start resting players for Europe. They've got a brutal schedule ahead and they'll need us to fuck up three times before the end of the season, providing they win every single one, which I don't think they will. 

Over on Bluemoon:

The disappointing thing is we're just handing the title to Liverpool. Not even making them work hard for it. We took 4 points off them this season. It should have been 6 if Mahrez could take a penalty. We should be there or there abouts at the top fighting it out, making them sweat for every point. But no we just switch off in the "easy" games and think we can win just by turning up and surprise surprise we drop points allowing them to stroll to the title. Fucking shit mentality.

Yeah agree with that. They looked a bit leggy tonight. I think they will drop more points as the games pile up. They struggle when they have to battle it out. Massive tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

4 defeats now for City. They won't win the rest of their games and i think 90 pts will win the title.

I'd love you to be right...

But we have 45 to play for, i find it hard to believe we could drop 15 of those and win it.

I am sticking with 95.

I hope you are right and we do it with less.

Just seen a clip of Lingard hitting the deck after the slightest pull by the Burnley player. You can guarantee the narrative around it will be that he's entitled to hit the deck if there's contact, if not completely skirting the issue. Compare that with the treatment Salah got, where managers of other clubs that have nothing to do with it decided to have their say anyway.

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just seen a clip of Lingard hitting the deck after the slightest pull by the Burnley player. You can guarantee the narrative around it will be that he's entitled to hit the deck if there's contact, if not completely skirting the issue. Compare that with the treatment Salah got, where managers of other clubs that have nothing to do with it decided to have their say anyway.

English players are exempt from this type of criticism. African boys like Salah and Zaha are easy targets for the media.