You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:11 PM, an tha said:

They have 4 games before we go to Man Utd - we have 3.

If they take 12 pts (highly likely) if we drop any pts at all in our 3 we go to Man Utd behind them.

I know you can look at it from both sides of course and make cases both ways but for me this is a massive potential bonus for them.

I believe they also play before us every game in March.

Dont know if it has been mentioned but theres a very good chance the manchester derby gets moved as well. Only needs one of them to get through the next round. And if City get to the semis i think there game against cardiff gets moved too, cardiff may be bang in the middle of a relegation scrap when that gets played.

16 minutes ago, BCM said:

Dont know if it has been mentioned but theres a very good chance the manchester derby gets moved as well. Only needs one of them to get through the next round. And if City get to the semis i think there game against cardiff gets moved too, cardiff may be bang in the middle of a relegation scrap when that gets played.

City are nailed on for semis aren't they.

If they get to the semis of the fa cup and champions league there is a good chance they will be playing 2 games a week till the end of the season, so its not suprising they have brought the everton game forward and not later.

There is an international break too between the 16th and 30th of march.

If these dates are right the 2nd leg of the semis of the champions league is midweek before the last game of the season.

Thought Klopp´s press conference comments were quite shrewd. Something along the lines of "...in my mind we will be 1pt ahead when we kick off against Leicester". Hopefully the city players will hear that.

Would be great if Rafa could do us a favour, but no need to panic if not.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:48 PM, an tha said:

The fact that Chelsea's game has not been brought forward in same way is absolutely proof of what has been done and why...no way would they want to put Man Utd at a potential disadvantage in the top 4 fight.

It absolutely should be treated same as the Everton v City game - but no massive story for sky to push in doing so - so does not happen.

Cunts.

If the Everton v City game wasn’t brought forward, City would have that game, the Manc Derby and the potential of another game v Cardiff if they progress to the FA Cup Semi Finals. That would be 3 games to fit in, add the Champions League Games and you can see there’s absolutely no agenda for Sky but just common sense. The Everton game was rearranged quite quick, I can only imagine that both clubs had been in discussions for a while, as City were guaranteed to go through after bumming Burton 9-0 2 weeks earlier. Both sides have to agree to a date and then the Policing and other stuff has to be decided. Chelsea only made sure of getting to the final on the 24th January. Highly unlikely that their game was to be rearranged and played within 2 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The Everton fixture being moved makes absolutely no odds at all as they’d throw it whenever it was played, even if it was the difference between them staying up or not.

Agreed. But people saying it's being bought forward because of a Manc agenda on behalf of Sky is getting into Bluenose territory

11 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Agreed. But people saying it's being bought forward because of a Manc agenda on behalf of Sky is getting into Bluenose territory

Yeah i agree with that. Sky/bt want a proper title race but i don't think this is because of them. I actually think it's no advantage to them. If anything it's a very tough tiring week. They could be tired playing chelsea and drop points. Think they will beat arsenal and everton fairly easily. It definitely wouldn't be a week i'd like for us.

1 minute ago, Seasons said:

All the games tonight are gash.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Cardiff City
Fulham 1 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion
Huddersfield Town 1 - 3 Everton
Wolverhampton Wanderers 3 - 2 West Ham United
Manchester United 4 - 1 Burnley
Newcastle United 0 - 3 Manchester City

Yeah, I'm not expecting any of the results to make me smile.

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

If the Everton v City game wasn’t brought forward, City would have that game, the Manc Derby and the potential of another game v Cardiff if they progress to the FA Cup Semi Finals. That would be 3 games to fit in, add the Champions League Games and you can see there’s absolutely no agenda for Sky but just common sense. The Everton game was rearranged quite quick, I can only imagine that both clubs had been in discussions for a while, as City were guaranteed to go through after bumming Burton 9-0 2 weeks earlier. Both sides have to agree to a date and then the Policing and other stuff has to be decided. Chelsea only made sure of getting to the final on the 24th January. Highly unlikely that their game was to be rearranged and played within 2 weeks. 

I've never known fixtures brought forward before myself like (happy to be proven wrong if they have) - and even taking on board your comments I genuinely believe Sky have had a big hand in this one being so.

It is what it is though and I do think it hands them a competitive advantage - I suppose we'll see how it all plays out and all we can do is hope we come out of it in a strong position.

58 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The Everton fixture being moved makes absolutely no odds at all as they’d throw it whenever it was played, even if it was the difference between them staying up or not.

It potentially makes a difference in terms of making an already very difficult fixture at old toilet one with even more pressure on it than there would have been.

• Upvote 1