You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I see we have been stiffed with City's game at the pit due on league cup final weekend being brought forward to 6th feb...

They will be a game ahead of us all the way up to 24th feb when we then go to play our catch up game away at Man Utd.

Clearly done deliberately this to make that game at Man Utd 'bigger' for Sky.

Never known games to be brought forward like that when a team is in league cup final...a huge advantage for them.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Palace one up against Spurs.

I had to laugh when the commentator said Hodgson has yet to win the FA Cup in his illustrious career.

He's won almost everything else there is to win.

In Greenland.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see we have been stiffed with City's game at the pit due on league cup final weekend being brought forward to 6th feb...

They will be a game ahead of us all the way up to 24th feb when we then go to play our catch up game away at Man Utd.

Clearly done deliberately this to make that game at Man Utd 'bigger' for Sky.

Never known games to be brought forward like that when a team is in league cup final...a huge advantage for them.

Not so sure it helps them. They play Arsenal on the 3rd and Chelsea on the 10th. As shite as Everton are, it makes it three games in a week, with two potentially being quite tough. 

13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not so sure it helps them. They play Arsenal on the 3rd and Chelsea on the 10th. As shite as Everton are, it makes it three games in a week, with two potentially being quite tough. 

Pts on the board and Bitters will lay down.

Never know games be brought forward when team makes league cup final...but sky can't risk us opening up a lead.

This is sky wanting to ensure a race and so they can hype fuck out of Man Utd and the messiah 'Ole' ruining LFC's title bid...

Pts on board for City - massive hype game for us where 'ole's revolution' undoes LFC's title bid....they'll fucking love it and the Manc bastards will be extra wound up to do it in a created scenario.

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Pts on the board and Bitters will lay down.

Never know games be brought forward when team makes league cup final...but sky can't risk us opening up a lead.

This is sky wanting to ensure a race and so they can hype fuck out of Man Utd and the messiah 'Ole' ruining LFC's title bid...

Pts on board for City - massive hype game for us where 'ole's revolution' undoes LFC's title bid....they'll fucking love it and the Manc bastards will be extra wound up to do it in a created scenario.

In fairness, it could go the other way for them. 3 games in 7 days won't be easy for them and chelsea will have more rest playing them. Arsenal will do an Arsenal and i'd have more faith in an Everton legends team with big nev, sheedy and sharpey playing city than their current team. Chelsea are the key team in the three games. Packed full of top players who could do a job on city. 

I'd settle for them taking 7 points and not working up the goal difference too much from those three games, provided we beat west ham and bournemouth and put a dent in the gd - not looking forward to west ham personally. Then we'd be three points ahead with a game in hand going into the united game.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

In fairness, it could go the other way for them. 3 games in 7 days won't be easy for them and chelsea will have more rest playing them. Arsenal will do an Arsenal and i'd have more faith in an Everton legends team with big nev, sheedy and sharpey playing city than their current team. Chelsea are the key team in the three games. Packed full of top players who could do a job on city. 

I'd settle for them taking 7 points and not working up the goal difference too much from those three games, provided we beat west ham and bournemouth and put a dent in the gd - not looking forward to west ham personally. Then we'd be three points ahead with a game in hand going into the united game.

They have 4 games before we go to Man Utd - we have 3.

If they take 12 pts (highly likely) if we drop any pts at all in our 3 we go to Man Utd behind them.

I know you can look at it from both sides of course and make cases both ways but for me this is a massive potential bonus for them.

I believe they also play before us every game in March.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

They have 4 games before we go to Man Utd - we have 3.

If they take 12 pts (highly likely) if we drop any pts at all in our 3 we go to Man Utd behind them.

I know you can look at it from both sides of course and make cases both ways but for me this is a massive potential bonus for them.

I believe they also play before us every game in March.

If we are good enough we'll do it. It's as simple as that.

• Upvote 1