You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Harsh red card, soft penalty, now he needs to wrongfully disallow a Wolves goal for the hat trick.

I think Man City would have to score an own goal and for it to be disallowed for it coming off one of their players hands, resulting in a penalty spot which then gets ballooned out of the ground.

Think chelsea could take points off them. They aren't what they were but still a team full of top quality players. City will beat Arsenal with ease. Spurs could take points off them - same as with us I suppose.

Hate to be paranoid, but if they play Everton and the Mancs later in the season they won't do us any favours. They might drop points at somewhere like palace. 

I'd say they'll drop 4-6 points the rest of the season. Think they'll have a superior goal difference so not much room for mistakes.

34 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Think chelsea could take points off them. They aren't what they were but still a team full of top quality players. City will beat Arsenal with ease. Spurs could take points off them - same as with us I suppose.

Hate to be paranoid, but if they play Everton and the Mancs later in the season they won't do us any favours. They might drop points at somewhere like palace. 

I'd say they'll drop 4-6 points the rest of the season. Think they'll have a superior goal difference so not much room for mistakes.

So 48 points left to play for after tonight 

If you are right and they only drop let's say 6 that will mean we would need 96 pts to win the title and pip them by a point - which is just a fucking ridiculous total.

Sadly though i make you about right.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

So 48 points left to play for after tonight 

If you are right and they only drop let's say 6 that will mean we would need 96 pts to win the title and pip them by a point - which is just a fucking ridiculous total.

Sadly though i make you about right.

Think about 96 is realistic. Neither of us will drop many points. 13 more wins....

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Think about 96 is realistic. Neither of us will drop many points. 13 more wins....

Yeah i posted a couple of weeks back that 95 would IMO do it....it is fucking mad that we are at this point though.

Looking back a team that gets even to 90 usually pisses the league.

I posted this yesterday shows starkly how high the bar is now:

Pts champions got every year since 2000.

2000 - 91 (won it by 18 pts)

2001 - 80 (won by 10)

2002 - 87 (won by 7)

2003 - 83 (won by 5)

2004 - 90 (won by 11)

2005 - 95 (won by 12)

2006 - 91 (won by 8)

2007 - 89 (won by 6)

2008 - 87 (won by 2)

2009 - 90 (won by 4)

2010 - 86 (won by 1)

2011 - 80 (won by 9)

2012 - 89 (won on GD)

2013 - 89 (won by 11)

2014 - 86 (won by 2)

2015 - 87 (won by 8)

2016 - 81 (won by 10)

2017 - 93 (won by 7)

2018 - 100 (won by 19)

Anytime a side has got 90 plus pts they have won the title by an average of 11 pts!....

42 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah i posted a couple of weeks back that 95 would IMO do it....it is fucking mad that we are at this point though.

Looking back a team that gets even to 90 usually pisses the league.

I posted this yesterday shows starkly how high the bar is now:

Pts champions got every year since 2000.

2000 - 91 (won it by 18 pts)

2001 - 80 (won by 10)

2002 - 87 (won by 7)

2003 - 83 (won by 5)

2004 - 90 (won by 11)

2005 - 95 (won by 12)

2006 - 91 (won by 8)

2007 - 89 (won by 6)

2008 - 87 (won by 2)

2009 - 90 (won by 4)

2010 - 86 (won by 1)

2011 - 80 (won by 9)

2012 - 89 (won on GD)

2013 - 89 (won by 11)

2014 - 86 (won by 2)

2015 - 87 (won by 8)

2016 - 81 (won by 10)

2017 - 93 (won by 7)

2018 - 100 (won by 19)

Anytime a side has got 90 plus pts they have won the title by an average of 11 pts!....

We come through west ham, everton and united away still ahead of them i would fancy us. Very tough bunch of aways. 

Would be nice if we hammered a few teams. Think the goal difference could be a deciding factor.

Despite what andy fucking hinchcliffe says their extra games are surely going to be a factor. Tiredness at the business end of the season to their best players. 

I turned off about half an hour in but I’ve put it back on to see the bits with Toure and honestly he’s been an absolutely awful guest.  He hasn’t made sense all night.  Any questions he’s been asked he’s just dodged and talked shite.  His team is about half way through and it’s completely fucking awful.  You always imagined he was thick but fucking hell this is embarrasing.