You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Only saw the last 15 minutes or so but Spurs looked well of the pace 

As was said last week.  They have a small squad and not buying anyone last Summer was always gonna cost them in the 2nd half of the season.  Now they're gonna lose Son to the Asia Cup in a couple of weeks and have a 2 legged tie v Chelsea coming up in January aswell.  I can see them dropping off bigtime.

I hate to break into all the utopia but Spurs were never really title rivals anyway, despite a lot of hype about them after they crushed a pair of awful teams. I mean, it's nice to have them totally out of it again, but in the end this result is more about just confirming what we already knew than really telling us something new. All about us and City for this thing.

Also, my pre-season prediction that Everton would finish behind Wolves is looking a lot more likely today than it did a month ago. So that's nice.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, karl1987 said:

As was said last week.  They have a small squad and not buying anyone last Summer was always gonna cost them in the 2nd half of the season.  Now they're gonna lose Son to the Asia Cup in a couple of weeks and have a 2 legged tie v Chelsea coming up in January aswell.  I can see them dropping off bigtime.

I just heard about Son today, big loss for them, that!

Yeah - it’s not being psychic this football lark. Spurs are going to be a very good team in periods of the season (much like us under Rafa) but they don’t have an equivalent squad (again much like us under Rafa( and they certainly don’t have the fortitude to add 20% more points with the same squad which is what will be needed.

That 4th place spot is shaping up to be interesting. Chelsea at Palace tomorrow. They should win that but anything less than 3pts and the mancs likely to beat Bournemouth opens that back up to a 3 horse race. If the man's manged to nick it surely they'd have to consider giving that cherub looking prick the job fulltime. 

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I hate to break into all the utopia but Spurs were never really title rivals anyway, despite a lot of hype about them after they crushed a pair of awful teams. I mean, it's nice to have them totally out of it again, but in the end this result is more about just confirming what we already knew than really telling us something new. All about us and City for this thing.

Also, my pre-season prediction that Everton would finish behind Wolves is looking a lot more likely today than it did a month ago. So that's nice.

Thing is before today Spurs record outside the top 6 made them contenders. They where unlikely to win it as they are not winning the biggest games but rack up wins outside of the top 6 and your in with a should. 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That 4th place spot is shaping up to be interesting. Chelsea at Palace tomorrow. They should win that but anything less than 3pts and the mancs likely to beat Bournemouth opens that back up to a 3 horse race. If the man's manged to nick it surely they'd have to consider giving that cherub looking prick the job fulltime. 

Incentive for Howe’s boys to go above the Blooshite.