You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

January will be huge for spurs. 2 big semi finals against the chavs should tax their squad a bit. Lot of mental tiredness to cope with.

Yeah but this run of easy games they are on whilst their rivals play each other is giving them a really good base.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah but this run of easy games they are on whilst their rivals play each other is giving them a really good base.

True,they also have 4out of 5 league games at home at the end of Jan, start of Feb. 

We just need to keep our heads and keep concentrating on ourselves.

9 minutes ago, niallers said:

January will be huge for spurs. 2 big semi finals against the chavs should tax their squad a bit. Lot of mental tiredness to cope with.

I still think they’ll rest most of their big players for that, given that they’ll likely be within three points of the top at worst. They’d certainly be stupid not to, given the summer they had, the fact they are still in the CL and among the favourites for the league title. In fact, I think this run of absurdly favourable fixtures probably makes them favourites.

Just now, niallers said:

True,they also have 4out of 5 league games at home at the end of Jan, start of Feb. 

We just need to keep our heads and keep concentrating on ourselves.

Hopefully the ground move will fuck them up....as well as their schedule/smaller squad.

But yeah all we can do is look after our own business.

These two games over next few days are huge...in some ways it feels typical that just as we open a lead we have two of our hardest games where we could easily come back to the pack - but on other hand 4 or 6 pts from these games and we are in a great position to kick on...

1 game at a time.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I still think they’ll rest most of their big players for that, given that they’ll likely be within three points of the top at worst. They’d certainly be stupid not to, given the summer they had, the fact they are still in the CL and among the favourites for the league title. In fact, I think this run of absurdly favourable fixtures probably makes them favourites.

Bookies have them at 9/1

Way way way too big IMO

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Bookies have them at 9/1

Way way way too big IMO

Yep. 

The fixture situation is farcical, by the way - if you can’t play at home because your stadium isn’t ready you should have to play at a neutral ground or behind closed doors. Momentum is everything and the more I look at their run of fixtures, the more I find it hard to look past them for the title. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. 

The fixture situation is farcical, by the way - if you can’t play at home because your stadium isn’t ready you should have to play at a neutral ground or behind closed doors. Momentum is everything and the more I look at their run of fixtures, the more I find it hard to look past them for the title. 

The advantages/favours/rule bending and messing around of other clubs and fans they have benefitted from this season with this ground lark has been an absolute joke and should not be allowed.

I too make them favourites - there is next to no pressure on them, no expectation and as you say the fixture list is very kind.

• Downvote 1