You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Football fans have the weirdest aptitude to apply mystical or "buckling under the pressure" type scenarios to simple failings of personnel. City played today without Fernandinho, without David Silva, without Aguero. Put De Bruyne and the other great players aside - those 3 are the core of the team. The midfield engine that stops opposition running at Stones & co.; the passing-metronome at the heartbeat of their 80% possession statistics; a top-10 historical league scorer and the only out-and-out centre forward at the club.

Ultimately if City continue to play many more games without those 3 they are going to drop points. Ultimately if we keep the 11 fit who played against Wolves (emphasis on Alison, Van Dijk, Mane, Salah), we won't. When the margins are as tight as they are between us both, it's going to come down to who can get their core out on the pitch the most through the rest of the season. On the plus side, we definitely have age on our side.

That’s a bit off the mark too. City may have missed those players but did more than enough to win the game 8 or 9 times out of  10.

palace scored with each of their first two shots, one a good strike, the other the goal of the season.

missing 3 or 4 key players is of course a factor but they’ve got the strongest squad this country has ever seen by some distance, and them suddenly leaking goals will do the world of good for just giving their opponents belief against them.

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I want to believe, Numero.

But I posted this last year, and I have been hurt before.

20181223_084059.png

I think we’ve been burnt quite badly a few times. I’m normally very against early proclaimations about how we’re going to win the league. I still am. There are still very tricky games to come, and we have 60 points to play for. Of course there can be a swing to City. I trust City to get another 50 points, we could slip with a few injuries. So I’m not getting carried away. Look at the next pair of games. We could struggle to score against Newcastle, drop points against Arsenal and then City win. Then the cunts on Bluemoon are laughing at how we fucked it all up again. Similarly, City could drop points to Leicester, and we could beat them. Then it’s fucking game on. This Christmas period could be a roughly 15 point swing between clubs. 

That said, we have a realistic chance of winning. We seem solid and stable in a way we weren’t during the Rodgers campaign. We’ve already got more clean sheets this season than we had in that entire season. Us being difficult to score against makes us a dramatically more credible challenger. This Christmas might well decide the title. 

Huge few games coming up. Newcastle should be a foregone conclusion but Palace yesterday shows nothing can be taken for granted. Arsenal will be very tough even if it seems they have a defensive injury crisis. City away is obviously huge and Brighton away could be awkward.

The thing about the next four games is that it won't win us the league, but if we beat them and they dropped points against say leicester, we could be nine clear. Still a long way to go with plenty of pitfalls but i don't see us dropping too many points. We are a top side now.

Going into spring, i only really see west ham, everton and the mancs as away games of concern. Chelsea and spurs at home will be very tough, but they pretty much have the exact same games.

Their extra two (3) games in the league cup will test even their squad big time. It might be burton but it's a semi and pep won't disrespect them (at least not in the first leg). Deep down they covet the champions league most of all so a long run in that would be great with a horrible fixture pileup. Hope they go far in the fa cup as well.

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think we’ve been burnt quite badly a few times. I’m normally very against early proclaimations about how we’re going to win the league. I still am. There are still very tricky games to come, and we have 60 points to play for. Of course there can be a swing to City. I trust City to get another 50 points, we could slip with a few injuries. So I’m not getting carried away. Look at the next pair of games. We could struggle to score against Newcastle, drop points against Arsenal and then City win. Then the cunts on Bluemoon are laughing at how we fucked it all up again. Similarly, City could drop points to Leicester, and we could beat them. Then it’s fucking game on. This Christmas period could be a roughly 15 point swing between clubs. 

That said, we have a realistic chance of winning. We seem solid and stable in a way we weren’t during the Rodgers campaign. We’ve already got more clean sheets this season than we had in that entire season. Us being difficult to score against makes us a dramatically more credible challenger. This Christmas might well decide the title. 

I can't do it, again. 

If we beat City, next week and have 2-3 games, then I could maybe pretend that he's really changed and this time it will be different. Until then, I'll just be thinking he's waiting until the police get up the road and he's comfortable again.

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

I can't do it, again. 

If we beat City, next week and have 2-3 games, then I could maybe pretend that he's really changed and this time it will be different. Until then, I'll just be thinking he's waiting until the police get up the road and he's comfortable again.

Wait, what? Who?