You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Until City win the Champions League they don’t merit inclusion in any conversation regarding the greatest sides. To do so would just be foolish. We smashed them all over the park in Europe last season and they adjusted tactics to snatch a draw at ours this season. Do not forget.

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Until City win the Champions League they don’t merit inclusion in any conversation regarding the greatest sides. To do so would just be foolish. We smashed them all over the park in Europe last season and they adjusted tactics to snatch a draw at ours this season. Do not forget.

Agreed, I must have missed the bit where we didn't regularly dismantle the cunts despite having an inferior squad. 

United are a very, very poor team on a week-by-week basis. That is why outliers like a win in Turin or late draw at Chelsea are great: it keeps Mourinho in the job that little bit longer, with a completely regressive style of football, management and squad-building over any chance of them employing a progressive manager who knows how to spend the City-like amounts they have dropped over the past 5 years.

Think Hodgson’s 2-0 win over Chelsea followed shortly after by one of the clubs worst ever league performances at Blackburn and you are on the right track as to where United are with Mourinho now.

I usually only watch United when they play us but today was an exception and I was astonished how utterly mediocre they were. They're a bit like us in the mid 90s, still picking up results because of the name. It can't be long before teams realise that while the shirts say Manchester United the players wearing them say mid-table.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Leaving aside that it’s a rich oiligarch’s play thing, and they bought their success, they’re probably the best side over seen in the Premier League. 

Exactly, hardly earnt is it. Hope they get sorted by FFP but won’t hold my breath as that cunt Infantino is as corrupt as anyone.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Maybe they are not historically one of the great club teams but right now they are playing teams off the park for fun and have extra gears available. The fact we are only two points behind them at this stage is testament to not only how well they are performing and getting results, but also to how well we are too.

Liverpool have a great history and are performing well and getting results, City want a good history in the future and we (along with other European clubs) have to try and stop this from happening.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

I said in the Premier League. Hard to win the CL in the Premier League. 

They are strong favourites but we have a class side ourselves and an injury or two to Aguero or either Silva for a lengthy period could be the difference. I know they haven't missed De Bruyne yet.

If come February we are within three points of them, it is game on. We will have played them and Arsenal twice and have a lot of shitty aways out of the way too. Anfield will be rocking.

Our front three haven't been firing like they can. I can't help but think that one of these weeks, we will stick five or six past a team.

Their big focus is the Champions League. Them going very far is what we need.

Liverpool's CL group have played a combined 53 league matches for a total of 2 losses so far...and 2 of the teams aren't even winning their respective leagues! 

I'm not sure any team in England has had a harder run of games across all competitions. 

16 minutes ago, A_S said:

Liverpool's CL group have played a combined 53 league matches for a total of 2 losses so far...and 2 of the teams aren't even winning their respective leagues! 

I'm not sure any team in England has had a harder run of games across all competitions. 

Would you give over, the group we're in is tough but let's not get carried away, 2 of the teams are in 1 team leagues so they will never lose. Tottenhams group is as tough as ours and they have also played harder teams in the league than we have by virtue of the fact they had to play us and we only had to play them.

35 minutes ago, No2 said:

Would you give over, the group we're in is tough but let's not get carried away, 2 of the teams are in 1 team leagues so they will never lose. Tottenhams group is as tough as ours and they have also played harder teams in the league than we have by virtue of the fact they had to play us and we only had to play them.

Give over? This season has been tougher than last in terms of the first 12 league fixtures, CL group and even the League Cup fixture. Or you don't agree? 

I merely pointed out the win/loss stats because 'one team' leagues or no, that's a pretty incredible stat regardless. And Spurs are only outperforming the reds in the League Cup, and got a massive helping hand in an easier fixture at that. 

13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, Pep is an excellent coach. His sides really are something. 

He's undoubtedly brilliant at managing unlimited resources (Which isn't a knock on him, as many can't) but I'd love to see how he would do at a club that doesn't financially overpower his rivals.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's undoubtedly brilliant at managing unlimited resources (Which isn't a knock on him, as many can't) but I'd love to see how he would do at a club that doesn't financially overpower his rivals.

I don’t think Barca financially overpowered Real. There’s no doubt City do, though. It’d be interesting to see if his methods can transfer to lesser players.