You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's fucking depressing.

We are a really good team and probably will rack up a points total that would usually win titles but we are up against a team that you just can't see where they will drop any significant amount of points.

They got 100 last season - they are probably odds on to do same again.

Just now, Fugitive said:

We are level on points but you still moan.

Nobody is moaning about us are they....people are talking about how big a task we face to get ahead of these.

They smash all the shite to fuck every week and we are looking at likes of Spurs and Arsenal for example to take points off them and so far it hasn't looked even half likely.

Yeah we are doing well - and all we can do is our best, but isn't unreasonable to hope for some help which lets face it looks like it isn't out there at all.

If we are heading into you need around 100 pts to win the league then it is mad!

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The pitch was terrible. You can't take anything away from that game and everyone knows they are the favourites. 

Plenty people here seem to have. I didn’t think they looked so great to make you ‘depressed’ for example.

I don’t know whether to be discouraged or enthused by the fact that City resorted to packing the defence at the end - negative in that they did it well and it shows maturity, positive in that they looked vulnerable. Let’s face it they are vulnerable, but if they went he’ll for leathe they could beat 75% of teams 5-2 every time.

We just have to win 24 of our next 28 games including a win At the Manchester City Corporation Gift to the Blessed Kingdom of Abu-Dhabi stadium and we’ll be ok

City have been lucky though. They played Arsenal first game when emery had their defence all over the place, then play us at the end of the toughest period of games I've ever witnessed and now played Spurs without Son, Alli and Eriksen. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Plenty people here seem to have. I didn’t think they looked so great to make you ‘depressed’ for example.

I used word 'depressing' yes and whilst i appreciate written word can only really be taken literally what i mean is (as Carragher is saying now on Sky) you can't expect the teams outside top 6 to really stop them - it is too easy for them.....so the games v arsenal, spurs etc are the games where you think 'ok they might slip up here'....

They have taken 7 from 9 and all away at that!

In terms of desperately wanting to see us win league it is 'depressing' for those hopes to see them continue to not drop points......of course it is not depressing in real terms but in context of the footy it sort of is (although yeah i could use a better word maybe)

As is said we are doing really well and that is all we can do - 26 pts from 10 games is a boss return...unfortunately we are up against the stiffest competition we could have the misfortune to be up against and who look virtually unbeatable.

Strange no one mentioning Chelsea who are playing as well as anyone. No champs league to worry about either.

All we can do is carry on improving through the season and let’s see where we end up. We won’t be far away. We are a fucking top side.

13 minutes ago, corro said:

Strange no one mentioning Chelsea who are playing as well as anyone. No champs league to worry about either.

All we can do is carry on improving through the season and let’s see where we end up. We won’t be far away. We are a fucking top side.

They weren’t playing tonight!!!

First time i’ve Watched MNF this year. Carra comes across as a clown, a stooge, the fall guy when we inevitably come up slightly short. He probably feels that he has something to prove but he should walk. Neville is better at this than him, but JC isn’t a brotherfucking deviant, so maybe he should work with that.

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

I used word 'depressing' yes and whilst i appreciate written word can only really be taken literally what i mean is (as Carragher is saying now on Sky) you can't expect the teams outside top 6 to really stop them - it is too easy for them.....so the games v arsenal, spurs etc are the games where you think 'ok they might slip up here'....

They have taken 7 from 9 and all away at that!

In terms of desperately wanting to see us win league it is 'depressing' for those hopes to see them continue to not drop points......of course it is not depressing in real terms but in context of the footy it sort of is (although yeah i could use a better word maybe)

As is said we are doing really well and that is all we can do - 26 pts from 10 games is a boss return...unfortunately we are up against the stiffest competition we could have the misfortune to be up against and who look virtually unbeatable.

I didn’t think we were going to win the league this year. I still don’t. City were by far the best team in the league last season, and they strengthened even further in the summer. I think it’s actually  encouraging that we are now much closer to them than we were at any point last season.